The Order: 1886 Runs at 30 FPS for a "Filmic Look"

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Twinrehz said:
That depends on what kind of equipment they use to record the film. I would imagine that newer films are recorded with digital equipment, rather than rely on 35mm film. It makes for easier editing, they don't have to transfer the video and audio from an analog to a digital medium, and it's simpler to just re-shoot a scene than starting to do some heavy editing because of spectacular cock-ups made by the actors or the recording crew.

EDIT: 35mm film, if recorded properly, far exceeds the capabilities of digital resolutions, yes. I suppose that's a good argument for recording with 35mm film, but that still depends on what resolution is used IF they are in fact using digital equipment.
I was refering to actual film (aka 35mm) not as in a 'movie', however I agree with the rest, film is better quality however digital is far easier and cheaper to film with, it's all about compromise.

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
RicoADF said:
I was refering to actual film (aka 35mm) not as in a 'movie', however I agree with the rest, film is better quality however digital is far easier and cheaper to film with, it's all about compromise.
Ah, then it seems I missed the point completely. My bad.