The Path

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
So an indie game like 'The Path' intrigues me greatly! Has anyone here tried it? How large do you think this sort of Gothic genre is, because whenever I go to EB Games, I never see anything similar to The Path.

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
There was a review of it here actually

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5928-Review-The-Path

A velociraptor

May 12, 2009
BUY IT NOW! There's no dialogue and barely any story, but there is no other game on earth like it. It's something to sit down and play for about 15 minutes at a time and just get lost in the atmosphere it creates.

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
A velociraptor said:
BUY IT NOW! There's no dialogue and barely any story, but there is no other game on earth like it. It's something to sit down and play for about 15 minutes at a time and just get lost in the atmosphere it creates.
I'm guessing you have it? How replayable is it??? How much of the game have you uncovered???

Random argument man said:
I tried to play the prologue, but computer can't take it. It's the day I'm wishing for a gaming laptop.
D= Whoa. What year did you get yours in? My lappy is nearly three years old.

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
Ya I've been wondering about this game for a while. Not too into creepy games, but this one looks particularly good.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
lyfeindeyth said:
Random argument man said:
I tried to play the prologue, but computer can't take it. It's the day I'm wishing for a gaming laptop.
D= Whoa. What year did you get yours in? My lappy is nearly three years old.
It's a Macbook and it's 3 years old. It slowed down lately. Somehow, it couldn't play the prologue.

Note* I bought that laptop for university. Someday, i'll buy a gaming laptop.

BarkBark

Aug 14, 2009
I have been playing it for a few weeks now. Yet I still can not consider it a game, since there is still no real objective given.

It is still deep, atmospheric, and a very immersing play; although it feels more like an art-form than anything else.

john_alexander

Aug 16, 2008
An amazing game, but VERY MUCH into the 'art game' end of the spectrum. If you ever played Braid and thought it was even the least bit pretentious or a bit too artsy, The Path is not for you.

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
Mansur said:
I have been playing it for a few weeks now. But I still can not consider it a game, since there is still no real objective.

It is still deep, atmospheric, and a very immersing play; although it feels more like an art-form than anything else.

(And Cameron Carmen is my favorite 'character' by the way)
What was that other game, where a woman just walked towards another bench while some Eastern European music played?

BarkBark

Aug 14, 2009
lyfeindeyth said:
Mansur said:
I have been playing it for a few weeks now. But I still can not consider it a game, since there is still no real objective.

(And Cameron Carmen is my favorite 'character' by the way)
What was that other game, where a woman just walked towards another bench while some Eastern European music played?
Where you are an old lady, Is that the one you are talking about?
If so it is called 'The Graveyard'.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
I've never heard of it.........what is it about exactly?
Little Red Riding Hood. It looks really good, I've been meaning to buy it for ages. I just sort of haven't.
I recommend American McGee's Alice if you can get hold of it.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Never heard of it, but my interest is defintely piqued, I'll have to look into it when my computer decides to play nice with my internet.

Baron Pedro

Sep 16, 2008
Having bought this game a few days after it came out, I can confirm to everyone that it's utterly dreadful.

It's so slow, so dull, so utterly mundane that I'd have difficulty recommending it to anyone. It was hardly worth the seven quid I spend on it. I'd talk more about it, but practically anything that the game description doesn't tell you would probably count as a spoiler. (PM me if you'd like to know more, though!)

As I understand it though, it's one of those games that everyone has a different experience with - I believe there's a demo available on Steam, which was made available a few months after release - check that out, see what you think of it, and make your purchase based on that - but I've not spoken to a single person with an opinion I trust wholeheartedly that didn't think the same as me.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I loved it, though i raged after i talked to my friend who showed me about it, figuring out there was a run key and i had walked all the way to grandmas home instead of running, but oh well, the atmosphere was excellent

lyfeindeyth

Jan 3, 2010
Baron Pedro said:
Having bought this game a few days after it came out, I can confirm to everyone that it's utterly dreadful.
As I understand it though, it's one of those games that everyone has a different experience with - I believe there's a demo available on Steam, which was made available a few months after release - check that out, see what you think of it, and make your purchase based on that - but I've not spoken to a single person with an opinion I trust wholeheartedly that didn't think the same as me.
Maybe try 'The Graveyard'? :D

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I have read a review about it and got interested and confused at the same time. Haven't tried it yet.