The point of it all.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Recently, i was asked what the point to life was. After some thought, i figured that:

"The point in life, is to not look for the point to life. To live and prosper in the future and the present that matter to you."

What special phrases and saying get you guys through the day? What do you live for? What future matters to you? What little rules and mantras do you have that you follow? Is there a point to life, or do we simply exist because we beat some really mean odds?

Go Bananas \m/_ (-_-) _\m/

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
My special phrase?

"System of a down will return, and it will be awsome". That's all the motivation I need to get through the days.

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
Dark Knifer said:
My special phrase?

"System of a down will return, and it will be awesome". That's all the motivation I need to get through the days.

That's so funny, because "System of a Down will return" is the phrase i'll be repeating when i need to gear myself up for suicide.

Until that day, though, I just need to remind myself that someday, there WILL BE bacon-flavored cigarettes.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
A lot of fortune cookie sayings really fit the bill nicely sometimes. I got one that told me something along the lines of taking it one day at a time and in the end it will all work itself out.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
The point of life is not to ask why, just live.

when you start asking why then you have lost the point.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
One that lets me deal with the weird people out there is just "people man, people". It reminds me that there are 7 billion of us, anything is bound to happen.

As for the point of life, "life is about saddling the tornado". The human body is a storm of chemicals, and weird thoughts. Most people just let it take them wherever it takes them. The trick is to learn to control the tornado. No easy task.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Dark Knifer said:
My special phrase?

"System of a down will return, and it will be awsome". That's all the motivation I need to get through the days.
WIN

Anyway my ultimate motto is "Live to enjoy, for what other purpose is there?". I think that pretty well explains it.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
The point in life is to live a good, enjoyable life... and hopefuly leave something worthwhile for future generations.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
The point of life is to breed and extend the human race.
It always has been and it always will be.
The point of life is life itself.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
what gets me through the day is
"do what you like and thoughs that care dont matter and thoughs that dont care matter the most"

its good and its pretty much my life in a pharse (kinda sad when i think about it)

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Fluffles said:
The point of life is to breed and extend the human race.
It always has been and it always will be.
The point of life is life itself.
I'd rather say "The life is a mean and an end unto itself" or something.

DazWolf

Jan 15, 2010
Is there really a point to it? I think it's just living the best way you know how, and maybe making a difference on the way. Maybe in the end there really isn't a point, we just want to think there is so we have a reason to keep going.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
see, you don't have to be down all the time.
"the things I have gone through are what keep me going for the things I have yet to come." is what keeps me enjoying life. just 5 more years, then I can see the world.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
I think that "following my dreams" (or "attaining my goals" for all you business school graduates) while living life as best I can is the best way to live.

Of course there are heaps of other sub-philosophies that I still have to figure out as I go along, but life is for living.

How does it go? Cest la vi?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
My motto? "A man who hate himself can not find love in others."

WHOOPS...sorry, I was watching Neon Gensis Evangelion last night...damn you sexy Rei....

"Be who you are and be that well."

Damnit, the patron saint of my school. >.>

"Love yourself, honor yourself and kick some ass by yourself!" ...Meh, I give up.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
What keeps me going?

I've been trying to put it into words for a while, and I think I'm close.

"I'm not going to die and let that bastard of a world have the satisfaction of killing me."

In other words, I keep living in the hopes that I am pissing someone off, or am in someones way.

OT though......Why does everything have to have a point? The meaning of life? Why does it need a meaning in the first place. Can't people just accept that some things keep happening just because, and there is no rhyme or reason behind it?

I don't need a point, I exist, and that is good enough for me.