The Powerpuff Girls Returns in 2016 as a Reboot

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I just hope they retain the wit and humor of the original series, that was always its biggest selling point to me.

As for peoples concerns over cgi, ffs the animation style LOOKED like cgi back then. Very simple flat shapes are what 2d cgi is best at and PPG could be made on today's animation programs for dirt cheap and still look fantastic.

Adventure Time and South Park are both cgi made shows and its never detracted from their ability to be awesome.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Excuse my French but... Dance Pantsed was fucking terrible. I seriously hope they consider an art style similar to the original for the reboot. The DP look was just plain ugly.

Fappy said:
Without the original creator I have a feeling it won't be the same. Remember what happened to Dexter's Lab when they brought it back temporarily? That shit was awful.
They brought back Dexter's Lab? There's a faint glimmer of hope in me that it was at least watchable but... yeah, nah. Not gonna even bother.

gittonsxv

Mar 29, 2011
i am both excited and dreading this,
we have had many reboots come along that was nothing like the original and could not hold up for a second as well,
i hope this will be different.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Neronium said:
I don't mind the reboot, as long as it is hand drawn animation. Nowadays many cartoons try going just plain CGI, and I don't like it. The CGI for the Powerpuff Girls especially, as the CGI didn't look good at all.
Absolutely! Especially because Tartakovsky's animation team are amazing.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
MCerberus said:
Mr. Q said:
MCerberus said:
Mr. Q said:
*puts head on desk and sighs* I miss the old Cartoon Network.
You mean the Cartoon Network whose best shows are absurdist parodies of characters and genres, where it's generally accepted that the best block of shows comes on at night? The same Cartoon Network that's always been filled with cheaply made garbage and retreads in order to get a solid 24 hours a day of programming?

CN's got 4 really good shows running with weakly prime-time releases right now. And even Johnny Test isn't as bad as... ugh... dark age of animation vintage Hannah-Barbara. You could say that the action block is MIA right now, and it's true. They seriously need something there. However, the CN ship has been righting ever since CNReal was nuked out of existence.

The reboots though, I have only seen one good reboot from the network, the Looney Toons Show
Have you ever watched Samurai Jack or Dexter's Lab or Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends? Hell, DC Animated's golden age came from Cartoon Network.

Granted, not everything that came out was golden (you will never convince me that Ed, Edd, and Eddy was good). What I'm talking about, in regards to old CN, is channel that it didn't have live action TV shows or shoved good shows into God awful time slots because it had no fucking idea what to do with it. It didn't straight up cancel a series because it didn't turn in ratings that could squash Spongebob. And it had the testicular fortitude to try something experimental without acting like it was a bastard child it didn't want (starting to think Steven Universe is currently on that boat).

It might not have been perfect, but at least the old Cartoon Network wasn't trying to get into a pissing contest with Nick or Disney just to reach the white male demo that has enough attention already.
1. DC's golden age came from Fox, made the jump to Kids!WB, and ended with JL:U on CN... after Toonami died
2. Fosters actually came when Cartoon Cartoons were dying, and it's outside of the original H-B contract that gave us the first set
3. Nostalgia's a ****, you don't remember the misses like Robot Jones
4. Clarence, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Flapjack, Chowder, and most of the good shows that came from Williams Street came "after the fall" (Sealab, Brak, et al were funny, but not what you'd really consider good)
5. Nick is a trash bin right now that's essentially the Family Guy of the 12 and under crowd, while Disney really only has two showponies right now (Wander and Gravity Falls). If we're looking at the Gen X/millenial nostalgia pandering, CN is really only competing with The Hub, which has an ample classic animation vault and the Pony juggernaut.
6. They fired the guy who wanted to compete directly with the networks in question, finally.

But really, there are some massive missteps from the network *looks longingly at Megas XLR* you were before your time *cries*
This is an awesome post!