The Professor Oak Personality Index

wandrewhughes

Aug 9, 2012

The path to enlightenment begins with Pokemon.

Read Full Article

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Andy Hughes said:

The path to enlightenment begins with Pokemon.

Read Full Article
Cute concept, and a nice change of pace. Not everything has to be hard-hitting game journalism or deep explorations of the social impact of gaming. And wow... Pokemon really has kind of drifted out of the social consciousness for awhile, hasn't it?

Maybe we could also arrange these into a sort of horoscope. It has that ring to it...

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Rock/Bug and I do find grass types the hardest to deal with, antagonism is fun apathy is ... bleh.

So that makes me... shuckle?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shuckle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

"It stores berries in it's shell. The berries eventually ferment to become delicious juices"
That's a moonshine operation I've ever heard of one. In real life Al-Capone is a shuckle

but maybe not me so much, so that means:
Dwebble!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dwebble

"After finding a suitable rock, Dwebble digs a hole in the rock's bottom, to use as a protective shell. Dwebble can make rock easier to carve by producing a liquid from its mouth. "

Eh not much better :(

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Very entertaining and funny article, some of it really court me of guard and had me laughing pretty hard. It's easily in my top 3 Pokemon personality tests... don't ask.

Anyway I'd say I'm Bug/Grass. 4x weakness to Fire and Flying fits me pretty well, I don't get along with those types of people.

Paras, Parasect, Wormadam, Sewaddle, Swadloon or Leavanny

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
ThunderCavalier said:
Andy Hughes said:
Ghost types are dead.
I don't know why, but that line really killed me... no pun intended.

Seriously, I was laughing for a good fifteen seconds.
I had a good laugh at that too, that, and the Legendary one.

OT: In the beginning I was expecting some psychanalytic article, but a light-hearted one is just as good. I laughed pretty damn hard at some of those and I was thoroughly entertained, and I wouldn't mind see more of these.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Please, please make a quiz with badges out of this! You just know everybody wants that, it's true.

RejectWoW

Sep 28, 2009
Skeleon said:
Please, please make a quiz with badges out of this! You just know everybody wants that, it's true.
Seconded. ^^

Very funny article, always love reading stuff like this, plus Pokemon is awesome so win/win.

Also, I'm apparently an water/electric type, either a Chinchou or a Rotum. (With some Steel on the side. Oh what the heck, just make me an Empoleon!) :p

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Hmmm, difficult to pin down steel is definitely my second type but first type is a toss up between rock and grass...

Ferroseed sounds accurate, I do live in what my family and friends call a cave, and I have a large collection of objects than can be refereed to as steel spikes that I have been known to throw quite accurately.

CultistRat

Sep 18, 2009
I figure I'm Water/Rock, so that means my possibilities for pokemon are... Tirtouga, Carracosta, Corsola, or Relicanth. Huh.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ThunderCavalier said:
Andy Hughes said:
Ghost types are dead.

Killed me, too. I seriously had to laugh for a bit before going back to finish editing.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I am very much Psychic/Rock, hence Lunatone fits me perfectly. Especially considering my connection with the Moon.

The Gentleman said:
Looks like I'm Psychic and Rock, so a Lunatone am I.
Curses, you read my mind!

Also, this should definitely be turned into a quiz.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
ThunderCavalier said:
Andy Hughes said:
Ghost types are dead.

Really? I felt like the guy didn't try hard enough to give us something there.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Somewhere around ground, bug, or rock. Maybe a little psychic.

Sakeretsu

Aug 15, 2010
Bow to this magnificient Electric Dragon .That makes me a Zekrom ,guess i can add Legendary than :p !

My other one was Electric Ground ,extremely powerfull but Stunfisk ... come on !