The PSVita: Is there anything good to play on it?

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
So I just came into a PSVita, and now I need to know what the hell to play on it.

As a filthy Canadian, I have a narrow frame of reference as to what to play on this particular system.

Any recommendations? I'm pretty much open to anything, sans puzzle and hidden object games (They bother me to much)

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Persona 4 Golden is a must!
Also Uncharted is pretty good, there's also Muramasa, Y's Memories of Celceta, Odin Sphere, God Eater Burst Resurrection, and Dragon's Crown

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
The catalog of Psone titles is amazing. Xenogears, Parasite Eve, and much much more. Plus there are some solid legit Vita titles too. Dragon's Crown, God of War collections (if you havent tried God of war yet), people tell me Persona is good but ive never personally played it. There is a also more stuff to do on the Vita than people give it credit for.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Soul sacrifice deluxe version if you like monster hunter but wish it had more magic and a good(?) story.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Toukiden kiwami
God eater
Makaishin trillion
Shinobido 2
Oreshika tainted bloodlines
Dungeon Travelers 2
Odin Sphere
Grand Kingdom
Ray Gigant
Demon Gaze
Bunch of Netunia games
Senran kagura
Curry Quest (I forget the name, its a roguelike rpg about making the ultimate curry)
Danganronpa series
Atelier series

Get to it bro. :D

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
God Eater for sure
Suikoden 2 is on its PSN and it's AMAZING
Ys 1&2, Oath in Felghana, Seven, and Memories in Celceta are all on PSN. Hopefully Ys 8 will be localized, as it's on the Vita as well
Persona 4 Golden, obviously
Soul Sacrifice
Metal Gear HD Collection
Gravity Rush
I'll post more if I can remember what I have on my second memory card

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Dreiko said:
Toukiden kiwami

Curry Quest (I forget the name, its a roguelike rpg about making the ultimate curry)
That's be Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God :)

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
LegoDudeGuy said:
So I just came into a PSVita, and now I need to know what the hell to play on it.

As a filthy Canadian, I have a narrow frame of reference as to what to play on this particular system.

Any recommendations? I'm pretty much open to anything, sans puzzle and hidden object games (They bother me to much)
I like metal slug, I have resident evil nemesis but haven't started it yet. Binding of Isaac is good if you like bullet hell rogue likes.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Dreiko said:
Haha yes! Aksys release the coolest oddball games sometimes. Almost as oddball as Hakuoki, that one.
Hakuoki already had a bit of a following. Now, something like Sweet Fuse [http://aksysgames.com/sweet-fuse/], that's what I call oddball. (I love Sweet Fuse.)

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm glad you asked! This is just stuff that I have played/looked into.
JRPG's:
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 3 Portable
Trails in the Sky
Trails in Cold Steel
Tales of Hearts R
Oreshika
Stranger of Sword Valley
Final Fantasy X
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Visual Novels
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Steins; Gate

Action
Freedom Wars
God Eater Ressurection
God Eater 2
Soul Sacrfice
Muramasa Rebirth
Odin Sphere

Indie
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Spelunky
Darkest Dungeon

PSX
Wild Arms Series
Final Fantasy 1 - 9
Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics
Parastite Eve

So yes, I think the answer is that there is plenty of good stuff to play on the PSVita if you look for it. Just don't go expecting a huge number of AAA western titles because those don't come to handhelds any more.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Danganronpa, and Tearaway are all good. Also, loads of PSP games were ported to it and put on the PS Store.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
NPC009 said:
Dreiko said:
Haha yes! Aksys release the coolest oddball games sometimes. Almost as oddball as Hakuoki, that one.
Hakuoki already had a bit of a following. Now, something like Sweet Fuse [http://aksysgames.com/sweet-fuse/], that's what I call oddball. (I love Sweet Fuse.)
I guess that makes sense since it was actually really good. I never followed otomege before that but it definitely expanded my horizons.

Sweet Fuse gives me danganronpa vibes, which is to say looks great. IF bein her chuuni self still it seems too lol.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
I personally love playing Vanillaware games on my Vita. Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth (which is much better than the original Wii version, even before adding in the DLC characters), and just recently Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir have been my go-to Vita games. I also recently bought the Metal Slug Anthology, Megaman Legends 1 & 2, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Being able to play that last one on the go is reason enough to have a Vita in my opinion.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Let me toss in the Metal Gear Solid HD games (though sadly they didn't port the remaster of Peace Walker), but pretty much all the other suggestions are my go-to games on Vita as well. I really wish more 3rd party devs had made things for Vita because its a lovely system only harmed by the insane pricing on memory cards. Always be on the lookout for clearance sales on the memory cards, its how I've got most of mine (2x16GB, 2x8gb and 2x4gb for 1/2-3/4 discount).

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Persona 4 Golden, both Danganronpas (if your PC is meh), Soul Sacrifice, and the huge backlog of possible PSP/PS1 games you can play on it. I ended up using it solely as an emulation machine after a while, and I don't have it anymore, but you can get some good times out of it.

mardocOz

The Doc is in...
Oct 22, 2014
I'll be honest... whilst there are a number of good games on the Vita, for me it's very much my Persona machine. P4 Golden is the most expensive video game I've ever purchased, but when I say it was easily worth the cost of purchasing the game itself AND the console to play it on (and then a PSTV so I can play it on a bigger screen) then you know it must be good.