The Pub (an open RP/ Character Workshop for any and all.)

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Knife-28 said:
With no time to plan, the mall fighter threw his arms up, hoping to block another attack to the face.
Knife had kept her foot out of his face, but the force of the kick was still enough to throw him off balance. Without missing a beat, Youmu delivered another kick to his sternum, then reached for where she assumed his neck would be to throw him to the ground, this time with the intention of pinning him.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
leet_x1337 said:
Without missing a beat, Youmu delivered another kick to his sternum.
Though off balance, Knife moved with the force of the blow and out of the way of Youmu's attempted grab. Going back on the attack, Knife grabbed the girls outstretched arm with his robotic appendage, clamping down as tight as the servos would allow. With a strong tug he pulled Youmu closer and delivered an uppercut to the bottom of her jaw with his free hand. Releasing her arm Knife swings his backwards, intent on using the momentum to give some extra unf to a punch to her stomach.

Hussmann54 said:
DotSlash said:
The flash of light from the lower windows of the apartment cast deep, if brief, shadows on the rapidly darkening streets. Spurred on by this and the sounds of a struggle their speed, the cloaked figure leapt at the building's fire escape, grabbing onto it and swinging their legs forward through the window ahead. With the sound of shattering glass, the figure landed in the apartment with a crouch and drew a deadly looking knife, scanning the room for any more bandits.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Knife-28 said:
Releasing her arm Knife swings his backwards, intent on using the momentum to give some extra unf to a punch to her stomach.
Youmu hadn't been expecting him to step back out of her range, and she didn't manage to react in time to the uppercut, nor pull herself back together before Knife threw a second punch to her stomach. She'd been forced back far enough by the first that her back was to the rope at the edge, and recoiling from the one-two punch, combined with her inebriation no longer being blocked out by adrenaline, knocked her out of the ring.

She landed face-first on the ground, and it was almost half a minute before she was together enough to tap out. "I really need to work on hand-to-hand combat..." she mumbled. "Don't get enough of it where I'm from." She pulled a hand up to her temple and turned towards the stairs. "Anywhere around here a girl can sleep?"

"What do you associate with San Diego, California?"

Ron Burgundy.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
leet_x1337 said:
"Anywhere around here a girl can sleep?"
"Woah, you alright?" Knife says, hoping over the edge of the ring and walking over to Youmu. "Here, get some of this into you." He says, holding out a flask of red liquid, "It'll make you feel better, promise."

world_of_dragons

Mar 20, 2009
Name: Gladius Ardoris, goes by 'Ardoris'
Species/Nationality: Dire Wolf/Native American
Age: Biological age is 44, actual age is about 400 years old.
Profession: Is officially unemployed

[http://s825.photobucket.com/user/heilong188/media/ModernOutfitRP_zps5825c826.jpg.html]

Ardoris is about as tall as a full grown wolf would be if standing upright on two legs. He has many scars over his body, most notibly over his left eye, right cheek, chest, stomach and tail. The back of his paws also sport a red emblem.

[http://s825.photobucket.com/user/heilong188/media/InfernoSabers_zpsfefdb60f.jpg.html]
Ardoris' main weapon. They are a pair of sabers made of magical flames contained within an ethereal barrier, to allow blocking, parrying and so on. When active, the sabers give Ardoris the ability to project flaming arcs by swinging them as well as manipulate nearby bodies of flame, heat and even magma. They also provide protection from flames and heat of any sort. However, the sabers run on a limited charge and will disappear when its depleted. Ardoris can recharge them by absorbing flames or bodies of heat.

Collapsible kick axe
[http://s825.photobucket.com/user/heilong188/media/kick-axe_zps65c363af.jpg.html]

Vibro knife
[http://s825.photobucket.com/user/heilong188/media/Nove_Knife_zpsc5d24344.jpg.html]

Combat Rifle
[http://s825.photobucket.com/user/heilong188/media/red_rifle_lg_zps764a16c3.png.html]

Ardoris is a trained ranger and a well experienced mercenary. He is adept at combat, stealth, survival-both on land and at sea, tracking and trapping.

The only supernatural powers Ardoris exhibits comes from his Inferno Sabers. When active they give him the aforementioned powers of fire as well as the passive resistance to heat and flames. Being a wolf, Ardoris also possesses as heightened sense of smell and hearing, as well as speed and agility. He can achieve full speed by running on all fours. This is referred to as 'full running'

The inferno sabers can be dispersed if enough water hit them. Ardoris is also getting old. While he's still spry for his age, he's not quite as athletic as he used to be in his youth.

Ardoris is the sole surviving member of a fledling order of swordsmen calling themselves 'Octo Gladii Elementorum'; Eight Swords of The Elements. They were an order of swordsmen whose mystical weapons would watch over the world and weed out corruption and evil in all its forms; from tyrannical rulers to power demons. However, the order was all wiped out save Ardoris; who was kept in a state of petrification for nearly 400 years. When he was found and awakened by archiologist, he managed to gain their aid in searching for the other seven swords of his order.

During this time, a mad man calling himself 'Miyamoto Sasori Jin' and his collection of hedious creatures the modern folk call 'Recolors' have been rampaging across the United States. Ardoris had been caught between fighting Jin's creations and searching for the other swords. A fight with one such 'recolor' had seen him banished to this strange world.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Knife-28 said:
"It'll make you feel better, promise."
Drinking some of the liquid, believing it to be the man's hip flask, Youmu was surprised to find herself becoming a lot more energetic. Her pain didn't so much dull as completely disappear, and some of the drunkenness with it. She was still tired, though. "Thanks for that," she said. "Both for that, and for the fight. I know I need to work on a few things now... but that's something I can worry about back home."

She gestured to the stairs back to the main pub and asked, "Do you know if there's any beds here or anything like that?"

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
leet_x1337 said:
She gestured to the stairs back to the main pub and asked, "Do you know if there's any beds here or anything like that?"
"I think so, at least, there was when I ran the place." Knife says with a shrug before waving an arm to the entrance. "Come on, let's go see." Walking with her up the stairs back to the bar proper, Knife notes the congregation at one of the booths before guiding Youmu to another set of stairs, this time leading upwards. "This should be it, and hey for what it's worth, you fought pretty well short-stuff."

world_of_dragons

Mar 20, 2009
The main door to the pub burst open as Ardoris dove into the room. With a knife and tomahawk in hand, he slammed the door behind him with his tail. Ardoris looked visibly surprised at his current surroundings. He sad nothing, glancing around the room as he walked about. He picked voice come from down a flight of stairs and moved to the perpendicular wall. He kept his back to it, keeping his weapons at the ready and waited.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
world_of_dragons said:
Welcome to the Pub! My Character Nic is at the bar and taking drink orders. There is a quasi-fight club going down in the basement. And of course, secrets are hidden in many places. MY computer is having trouble reading spoilers right now. Could you possibly message me the bio for my own reading?
Nic smiled and nodded at the newcomer as he rinsed out a used glass and washed it. "Evening!"

DotSlash said:
BLEERRRGGGG
The Bandit gave a yell, covering his eyes. "GOOODDDDDAMMMMIITTTT!"
Two others heard and began to run towards her position, attempting to cut off her escape from the building.

Knife-28 said:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTSS ADVENTURE TIME! (no, really... love that show...
Ana struggled to get on her hands and knees, still clutching her throat with a bloody hand. She coughed and sputtered. A bit of Masquera ran down her cheek. She rolled herself over and sat down. One hand wiping sweat and makeup off her face. She slowly lifted the other away from her neck and then gently felt around it. The bleeding had stopped.

world_of_dragons

Mar 20, 2009
"It would seem my age has been catching up to me faster than I thought." Ardoris muttered. The barkeep didn't seem threatening, so the weapons were put away. However he approached the bar with some notable caution. "And how is there a tavern in this place? Isn't this a warehouse?"

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
Knife-28 said:
Hussmann54 said:
With something suddenly crashing into the room behind her, Vanessa looked back before seeing the gleam off the figure's knife and her eyes widening immensely. [color=666666] Oh god.... So some of them are well armed...?! I have to... [/color] Hearing the sound of stomping feet coming toward her in both directions, the woman gritted her teeth before looking back to the figure.

But wait... why wasn't this one attacking her? Maybe he wasn't into the science-y type of girl? Still, you'd think they'd at least assist in her capture, not just look around... Not really wanting to ask the figure about its sexual preferences at the moment, she backed up and kept her revolver aimed toward the apartment's doorway, her eyes darting between the doorway and the figure's form near the window. Seeing the shattered glass, she considered leaping out the window and taking off, but kept from doing so for the moment.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Knife-28 said:
"This should be it, and hey for what it's worth, you fought pretty well short-stuff."
"Thanks..." Youmu said, quietly. "I probably shouldn't have stepped up for hand-to-hand. I'm mostly used to magical combat. Honestly, the swords are really for show more than anything. I don't get many opportunities to use them, and less to use my fists." She shook her head and pulled herself out from under his assistance. "I think I can manage from here. Thanks for taking me seriously."

As soon as she found a room, she dropped onto the bed, but didn't fall asleep right away. The red liquid must have had something in it, because she found that she couldn't sleep at all. Still, it felt nice to just lie down and do nothing.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
world_of_dragons said:
I GOT SNIP AND I AM SUPER BAD!
"You. my friend, have just tripped the rift. This place doesn't exist in any one local space. So you kinda are and are not in the warehouse at the same time.... It's complicated, I know." Kin laughed. "Let me guess, thought you were walking through a normal door?"

world_of_dragons

Mar 20, 2009
"Heh, it's quite a tale to tell, honestly. Besides, this isn't my first time traveling between the 'planes of existence' as they call it these days. I'm Ardoris, might I know your name?"The wolf chuckled and took a seat, putting his weapons away.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
world_of_dragons said:
SNIPS ARE MY TRIGGER!
"Nicolaus Kin, I am the owner and proprietor of this establishment." He set a glass away on its shelf.
"Can I get you anything?"

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
leet_x1337 said:
"I think I can manage from here. Thanks for taking me seriously."
"No prob." Knife says before walking over and taking a seat at the bar. Lifting the vial, he swirls around the small amount of liquid remaining inside before gulping it down, wincing as the healing potion does it's work and starts knitting his broken ribs back together.

"Oi Nic, you got any Doctor's Delight stashed away back there?"

Hussmann54 said:
DotSlash said:
The figure stood slowly, and backed away from the window. "Your friend is bleeding out infront of the store down the street." The figure, a man judging from his thick eastern European accent, started, before a crash from the other room drew his attention to the door. Looking back at Vanessa, he nodded his head towards the window. "Go while you still can." He said, stepping back against the wall next to the door, "I will take care of the stragglers."

One of the bandits ran through the doorway, only to fall back with a new breathing hole, courtesy of the the figure's knife. "GO!"

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
Knife-28 said:
Hussmann54 said:
and minus
Vanessa shuffled back, a little bewildered by this sudden stroke of luck, coupled with the bad news. [color=666666] (Bleeding out... Damn it.... I...) [/color] Her thoughts were rattled a small bit by the man's more authoritative yell and she gave him a quick nod. [color=666666] "...Thank you, sir." [/color] was her reply before she hopped out of the window, shoving a few pieces of glass still standing to the street below as she vaulted over the fire escape railing and landed on the ground. The landing cause a small shock of pain to shoot up her legs into her body, but this was minuscule compared to whatever Ana must be going through.

[color=666666] (Alright... hold on, Ana!) [/color] Slowly rising back to her feet, and breaking out into a run, Vanessa ran full speed, her hat flying off her head and her labcoat billowing behind her.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
world_of_dragons said:
IMMA TELL YOUR MOM WAT YOU DID TO ME
Nic smiled an poured a a glass for him before another voice rang out.

Knife-28 said:
IMMA GRAPE YA
"I'll see what I can find" Nic bent down and looked around the bar shelf. Eventually he pulled out a small silver flask with a deep red winged snake and cross. "Ah, right... thought some was hidden down here." He slid it across the bar.

DotSlash said:
HEPH HEPH HEPH HEPH
In another dimension, Ana was slowly coming back to her senses. She shook her head and ran a finger across her throat. The wound was now a scar. She saw Vanessa. "Hey...." Her throat was sore. " You.. okay?"

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
Hussmann54 said:
As she arrived, Vanessa slowed to a stop and doubled over, placing her hands on her knees and panting for a bit. [color=666666] (...All the more reason for me to get out of the lab...) [/color] After a while, she looked back up to Ana and looked at the running makeup along with the blood that had spilled around her. Her expression was a mix of confusion and relief to see that the woman was still alive, but as her eyes drifted to the small puddles of red, Vanessa froze up for a moment and shuddered.

While her discomfort with the situation was obvious, she took a deep breath and knelt down beside Ana, noticing the scar on her neck. [color=666666] "I-I'm fine... A man in a cloak helped me escape the one's chasing me. ...We should be more worried about you. C-Can you stand?" [/color] She asked, offering the woman a hand up. [color=666666] (...He said she was bleeding, but how did it stop... especially when the cut was in someplace so vital... Wait...didn't she say she controlled blood...?) [/color]