The "R" Word

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
[HEADING=3]! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMhFVAUkL4][/HEADING]

Ohhhh, I get it. He's wearing a helmet to protect himself from angry people!
Wait, no. Errr...let me backpedal a bit here...

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
Context. Don't read if you don't want the joke spelled out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-29-controversial-tomb-raider-scene-is-close-physical-intimidation-not-rape

You're welcome.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Maybe I'm just obtuse, but what are we supposed to take away from this?

That even when going backwards, Chrystal Dynamics is still the first across the finish line?

Is this a reference to a comment by someone at Chrystal Dynamics, or a some newsworthy fact that involved them?

EDIT: having read the title of the article posted above, the comic makes perfect sense. Ah, the importance of knowing the context.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
See I might have got the joke if I had any ability to remember development studios (and if I had gotten any sleep last night). In other words: clever comic, I are teh dumbz.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I didn't get it at first, but then I didn't bother to remember the Tomb Raider Dev, much less knew about either the original statement or the response.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
unacomn said:
I actually got that. Now I know how Captain America felt.
I bet Cap would hate that new Oz movie coming out soon.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
azukar said:
Context. Don't read if you don't want the joke spelled out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-29-controversial-tomb-raider-scene-is-close-physical-intimidation-not-rape

You're welcome.
it probably would be better not to say anything

but I agree...there was no "rape" and the whole thing was an over reaction

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Now this is how I like my jokes: with the punchline left to the imagination, and with the assumption that I'm in the know. SMUG!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Inane zero tolerance rant'o'babble at least the whole controversy is. Half the ones bitching are whack ass crazy.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Having had my fill with game 'controversy' im doing my best to just avoid this mess...

... F IT!

It looked like Lara was about to be raped so why wouldn't I want to protect? Oh wait, I don't have to, SHE OWNED THE SCUMBAG REGARDLESS, AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

I don't even underst... I don't... *sigh* its completey right to be annoyed at Crystal Dynamics for being wimps but why is this an argument at all? I can see how people might be uneasy but... a situation like the one Lara went through in the vid sets her up as a far stronger character then most protagonists. And as it being used souly for the purpose of fetish fluff, I don't think so but thats just me I suppose.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
]You really don't see how watching a girl get the shit beat out of her for five minutes might upset some people? And there may not have been rape, but don't pretend that guy's true intentions weren't ABUNDANTLY clear.

Crystal Dynamics just pussied out by pretending it wasn't.
"Gah RAPE? How did you every come to THAT conclusion?" Just showing that THEY'RE the ones who aren't mature enough to address the subject.
nope...she was going through a difficult situation...male protagonits get the same amount of crpa thrown at them

and yeah his intentions were clear...but in that situation its not surprising, makes sen sense in context

plus she bit his ear off...

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Thankfully azukar gave some context. Now it makes sense to me.
Of course, I neither knew that Crystal Dynamics is developing that game, nor did I know that they changed/corrected their official position on that... issue.