The Road to Indigo (Pokemon RP (Closed): Chapter 7: Dead Living On The Radio...)

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Callum was forced to climb around the mountain after the tunnel through it had been closed off by an explosion. The trip itself was more inconvenient than he had hoped and he had ended up entering Cerulean late at night. He had decided to stop by the Pokémon Center long enough to transfer his newly caught Caterpie to the Pokémon researchers, to have his own Pokémon healed, and to talk to the on duty Nurse Joy about the local gym. Preferring to sleep under the stars and being filthy from head to toe; Callum left the Pokémon Center as soon as his Pokémon were healed. After choosing two nicely sized trees to hand his hammock from, Callum spent the night in the northwest corner of Route 25.

As the pre sunrise glow slowly lit the sky, Callum awoke. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he took down his hammock, and headed to the river?s edge at the top of Nugget Bridge. After washing his t-shirt, jacket, and bandana in the water he laid them out to dry on his tarp. Releasing his Nincada and Ledyba, Callum ordered them to guard his possessions as he removed his shoes and belt, before jumping into the river to swim and wash the dirt off his body.

Not long after he started swimming, Callum could hear footsteps coming across the bridge and decided to get out of the river. After quickly putting his half dry t-shirt and shoes on, Callum walked over to the end of the bridge and spotted a fairly tall, brown haired girl jogging across the bridge. It took him a second before he noticed the Pokémon jogging with her. So it?s another trainer? No reason for me not to say hello.

After waiting a bit for the girl to get closer Callum called out, ?hello. How?s it going??

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Mika did not receive an immediate response from Rochelle. Her thoughts were scattered, not really focusing onto one particular subject. The younger Trainer's voice made an attempt to cut through the haze clouding her mind. It succeeded, at least in part, as she looked over at Mika and gave him a small wave in response to his greeting. She didn't exactly trust herself to speak, instead turning her attention to the partially sweat-soaked bedsheets and the mess she had made of them in the night.

Rochelle made an attempt to straighten up the sheets as she usually did... but her efforts were half-hearted. She wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep... but she couldn't. Not while she had those terrors in the back of her mind, just waiting to resurface. She needed something to get rid of them, to lock them away or shut them down. And she had no idea of what she could do.

Perhaps waiting for other people to surface wasn't such a good idea. Rochelle's stomach told her she needed food. Uncaring for her appearance, she got up and slowly made her way out to the central hall of the Pokémon Center, intending to pass through it on her way to the kitchen and dining area.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Aeris woke up from a nice dream she'd been having. She stretched as she got out of her bed and headed towards the showers. She grabbed a towel and went for the showers after getting undressed. She took a bit of time to wash herself, then got out, dried herself and got dressed again. It was a refreshing shower, but now she needed something to eat. She headed towards where food could be found and got herself something good. A piece of toast, orange juice and couple of eggs.

Holding the dish and glass that contained her breakfast, she took a seat on a nearby chair and put the dish and glass down. Perhaps she'd been too tired to notice, but she wasn't sure where Mika was. He'd be able to find her. Or vice versa. Aeris let her team out of their Pokeballs and gave each of them treats, which they all happily ate. They seemed to have slept well like their trainer, which made her happy.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika walked into the dining area, seeing Aeris with a glass of orange juice and some food on her plate. "Good morning, Aeris." He smiles at her and gives her a small, sweet kiss on the cheek, before going and making himself some breakfast; a tall glass of milk, two pieces of toast with peanut-butter, and a banana as well. He sits down next to his girlfriend - the thought of him having a girlfriend still made him warm inside and want to giggle - and ate his breakfast.

"How did you sleep?" He asks her, thinking back to the previous night. He had slept fairly well, save for an odd dream regarding himself and a Tentacruel... Very strange. His dreams also brought him back to that cruel, fateful night two years prior... He didn't let his face show it, too focused on breakfast... "Mmm... peanut butter." He said after taking a bite of his toast, his words mangled by the delicious food.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
"See Ari, this isn't so bad. It'll be easier when you become used to it; which shouldn't take too long. Another week and a half and we'll see an improvement in you," Eileen told her Pokemon, the small group making their way over the Nugget Bridge towards Route 25.

"We'll get to the top and then turn around. We can do some training later after breakfa- Hughes where are you going?" she asked her Growlithe after he ran up ahead and started to bark. Eileen and Ari quickened their pace to catch up to the much faster Pokemon, the two slowing down once they saw that it was a human that Hughes was barking at. "Hughes stop it. They're not doing anything," Eileen said after catching her breath, looking at the young man in front of them. From what she could tell he had just gotten out of the water next to them, the idea of letting her own Pokemon go in for some training crossing her mind briefly. Behind him she saw some Pokemon, including one that wasn't common to the area. 'Interesting,' she thought before the other Trainer spoke up.

"Hello. How's it going?"

"It is going pretty well. Just doing a morning jog with my Pokemon," Eileen replied, gesturing towards the two Pokemon. Ari rolled over to this other Trainer to get a good look at him, while Hughes stared at him disapprovingly. "Ignore the Growlithe. He's not the most friendly at the beginning. My name is Eileen by the way. Are those Pokemon over there yours?" she asked curiously, eying the foreign Nincada next to the Ledyba.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
"My name's Callum and yes those two are my Pokémon. The one on the ground's my Nincada and the flying one is my Ledyba." Callum replied to Eileen, before whistling to his Pokémon in order to call them over. As his Nincada and Ledyba made their way over to him, Callum knelt down to get a better look at the Exeggcute, while ignoring the Growlithe?s stare. Those different emotional faces are a strange but this guy?s friendly enough so it?s cool.

Callum wasn?t paying any attention to his Nincada, as walked up behind him and clamped its mouth through the back loop on Callum?s pants. When Callum noticed his Ledyba fly past him he tried to stand up. Halfway up, to Callum?s complete surprise, his pants weren?t moving at all. He immediately realized that he was now standing in front of Eileen in his boxers and immediately panicked. Struggling to get his pants back up in a hurry, Callum on succeeded in snaring his legs in his pants and subsequently falling down to the group.

[color=FF3377]?Ledy ba ba ledyba.?[/color] Stop being mean to Callum.

[color=66EE11]?Nin nincada.?[/color] Why? It?s funny.

The two Pokémon were getting into each other?s faces as Callum pulled up his pants. Standing up quickly, Callum turned to his two Pokémon; his face was pure red in embarrassment. ?Can you two back off a little and Nincada stopping doing embarrassing things to me,? Callum tried to order but lacked the authority in his voice. ?I?m sorry. My Nincada has a cruel sense of humor. If that wasn?t too embarrassing, I?d like to continue talking. Maybe if I grab my belt and other things we could do so while you finish you jog, so I?m not holding you up from it.?

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
There was a pause of awkward silence between the trio as Callum's Nincada pulled a dirty prank on it's owner. It was broken by Hughes' barks as he stood between his Trainer and the teenager. Ari (who was right next to Callum and didn't think anything weird had happened but was silent because everyone else was) seemed to think Hughes was barking at him instead of Callum, and a small scuffle ensued before Eileen broke the two up with a quick shout. She then brought out a small notepad and pen, reciting what she was jotting down.

"Teen Trainer Callum, equal sign flasher. Potential pervert. Proceed with caution," she stated before putting the notepad back into her pocket. "I shall wait for you here then while you grab your things," she told him after adjusting her glasses, ignoring the fact that she just told him that she believed him to be a potential creep.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Jordan finished straightening up his Sharks hat, making sure it was perfectly placed over his tousled mess of a hairstyle. Looking over his back, he asked, "Are you ready then?"

"I've been ready for five minutes," Misty informed him. "You're the one hogging up my mirror."

"Scha, whatever. Fine then, let's get on it."

"Fine."

The two departed from the gym, making the short trip over to the Pokemon Center in no time at all. Misty kept a hold of Jordan's hand, it was a little awkward. Wow, she's like, fallen. Hope Fary's not like pissed or nothing.

As the two entered the doors, Jordan could smell the aroma of food wafting from the cafeteria. It immediately attracted him, pulling into the large room. Rochelle, Stick and Red were in there, so they might as well be the first ones to hear the news.

"Bros! Yo bros, aw guess what I got last night! Never guess bros!"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"I slept well, thank you." Aeris replied to Mika and kissed his cheek in return for the kiss he gave her. She took a bite out of one of the eggs she had and drank a bit of her orange juice. This seemed like a nice, quiet morning.

That is, until Jordan came in, talking loudly because he was excited over something, it seemed. "What is it, Jordan?" she asked him, more focused on her breakfast than what Jordan had to say. And she was trying her hardest not to notice Misty, who she didn't trust to be near her.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Rochelle winced at Jordan's loud entrance, having stopped picking at her breakfast to partially cover her ears with her hands. Did he have to be so noisy? And who was that with him? She didn't recognise Jordan's female friend... then the figure's hair colour became apparent to her, and she let her head fall to the table top with a somewhat loud clunk. Thankfully, she missed her plate, otherwise it would have been something one would see in a comedy show on TV.

Even in her sleep-deprived state, she could tell what had happened the night before. It explained why Jordan was so bouncy and excited. Really, Jordan? Rochelle thought. He had evidently spent the night with the Cerulean Gym Leader... and he had to drag her along to join the group? Why would someone do that? For one thing, Fary was probably going to kill Jordan, since she was already annoyed with him. For another, there were a few people who had lost to Misty the day before... and that put the losers on ill terms with Misty. Except Jordan, apparently. That thought alone made Rochelle highly uncomfortable, much like after learning what happened between Fary and Brock back in Pewter.

Rochelle remembered the spectacular display of one-sidedness that she had exhibited in the Cerulean Gym. Her facial expression twisted into a grimace, though her long hair covered it up.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Ah it's so messed up, but so awesome! So yeah, we were out at the Cape last night, and we ran into this dude, but this dude was fucked up, like he was part Pokemon and stuff! It was freaky bros! But yeah, we fixed him, and as thanks he gave me this pass! It's for this cruise in...Vermillion, and yeah, it's for ten people! So we can like all go to Vermillion and get a free party tonight! It's sweet!"

Misty just stood behind him shaking her head. Wow, really succinct Jordan. She looked over the people there. Two of them who managed to beat her while using Fire Pokemon, and the other faired only slightly better than Jordan. Can't believe I'm helping these guys.

"But yeah, it's like tonight, and Misty said she knows a shortcut that will get us to Vermillion really quick!"

"I'd go with you guys, but you know. Gym Leader duties. If I left, my sisters would just give badges away like candy, and if that happened again, we'd lose gym rights. So yeah, kinda stuck here."

"So yeah, where is everyone else? We need to like get going to Vermillion so we can like totally party it up right!"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
What it was that got Jordan so excited did make Aeris look at him rather than her breakfast, but it still didn't catch all that much attention or interest from her. Though, this sounded like an opportunity to meet more trainers, and perhaps learn about where she could find more Fire Pokemon and possibly Ghost ones as well.

"I don't know where everyone else is. I just woke up not that long ago. Hence the breakfast in front of me." she said as she pointed at her plate and glass. "I'm sure we can find them either in the beds or outside." Blaze nodded in agreement with her. Tristan hovered over Misty in curiosity, seeing the gym leader out of her gym.

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
By the time Tyler stirred from his slumber, pretty much everyone else was out and about. In order to make up for time lost by his oversleeping, he took a very brief shower. Once clean and redressed, he made his way to the cafeteria in hopes of a quick breakfast. Already there were Rochelle, Aeris, Mika, Jordan, and...Misty? What was she doing here? And what was this about a party? On a cruise? Too many questions for a groggy Tyler to consider.

"Uh...wait...we're going to a party?" Tyler inquired after suppressing a yawn.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Yeah dude!" Jordan said, pulling out the pass to show Tyler. "See! You and nine other people are cordially invited on the S.S. Anne for a 10th anniversary party! And there's people having a good time on the pass! So it's gotta be a good time!"

"So is this it then?" Misty asked. "Cause I can just show you guys to the Underground Path and get out of your hair."

"No, there should be more people here. Like New Girl, and New Guy, and..." Fary. Right. Dang. She might not like Misty right now...ah well. She was with Brock, so whatever. Even now. "...and yeah, so should be more people."

"All right, but can we move this along? I don't trust Lily for a second."

"OK, OK, don't worry, Misty."

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
"That's great! We get to go on..." He paused for a second. "Did you say a cruise? As in the S.S. Anne's 10th Anniversary Party Cruise? That's incredible... Do you have any idea how hard it is to get on the Guest List for events like this? Whoever gave you that pass must really not have wanted to go... or something important must've come up."

Mika gave his comments on the situation, not making any remark about the fact that Jordan obviously did horrible, dirty, naughty things with Misty... At least in Mika's mind, according to a rumor he'd heard about red-heads.

"I need to have my sister send me some nice clothes when we get to Vermillion. Don't wanna look underdressed." He said before taking another bite of his toast. He also mentally reminded himself that he needed to see if she had any of his medication lying around the cabinets, or if he'd have to get the refill on his own. Not a big deal, he'd done it before, it was just that it seemed like he'd have to wait until Vermillion to get them... if they got there before the shops closed.

"What day is it today?" He asked, not bothering to check his phone.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Croc was the first to wake up before Alan, and began to nudge the trainer's hand with it's jaw. It felt different somehow, but couldn't exactly place what had changed yet. It was also more interested in finally waking Alan up as it had heard movement outside the door for some time now.

Alan slowly woke up with the usual nudging at his hand. He opened his eyes and looked down expecting to see Croc there before letting out a shout and falling from the bed. Croc inquisitively turned its head at Alan as he pulled out his pokedex.

Croconaw: The Big Jaw Pokemon, and the evolved form of Totodile
HT: 3'07"
WT: 55.1lbs
Desc: Once it bites down on something, it won't let go until it loses its fangs. But new fangs grow back quickly.

"Sorry buddy, just wasn't expecting to see your evolved form as soon as I woke up. Scared me a bit." Alan said as he stood up. Croc looked down before running around excitedly.

"Alright alright calm down. Let's go out and get you some food." Alan said, walking out to a few people outside his door looking at him as he walked out. Once they saw what was going on they went back to what they had been doing previously.

RBMidknight

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2009
Simon awoke to silence. Having spent the past few years with a living, and usually insistent, alarm clock it was a bit of an surprise. But, since he had nothing forcing him out of bed Simon spent a few minutes being still. He ran through the previous night's activities in his head. Dinner had been simple, with the whole team getting their fill plus special Pokémon desserts for his two female Pokémon.

After locating an unoccupied room in the Pokémon Center Simon attempted to have a discussion with Drowzee. But even with the Pokémon's cooperation Simon was unable to properly talk about Team Rocket and Drowzee's history. Shadow had been a slight distraction, having been told to lie down while Simon talked. But Shadow was restless and pawed at the door. To prevent other trainers from getting upset Simon returned Shadow to his Pokéball.

'Which is why he didn't wake me up.' Simon concluded. He sat up, yawning as he kicked his blanket aside. After the unproductive talk with Drowzee he'd changed the subject to names. Or rather, a single name. Instead of giving Drowzee a name he offered the Pokémon the chance to chose. For a good half-hour Simon rattled off potential names. But Drowzee had rejected them all. Simon tried to gently explain that having a name was important, it was a good thing. But Drowzee appeared content to wait for...something. 'The right name, maybe?'. Simon wondered.

The room he'd chosen to sleep in was smaller than the rest, with only a single bunk and two chairs lined up against the far wall. It was the farthest from the main lobby, but he'd been okay with that at the time. A quiet rumble let Simon know that it was past time for breakfast. Gathering his belongings he left the room, heading to the nearest shower.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Callum missed Eileen?s note as he saw a Beedrill flying into the forest off in the background. I still need that one. Wait focus on what she?s saying. You?re talking to someone right now. Callum went back to paying attention to Eileen just as she started to say, ?I shall wait for you here then while you grab your things.?

?Okay thanks. I?ll be back in a second,? Callum replied before running back to his stuff. After quickly putting on his belt, he pulled out a netball labeled with a Nincada sticker. ?Nincada return,? Callum commanded as a red light shot out of the ball and made contact with his Nincada. After the Pokémon was returned, Callum placed the pokéball back in his pouch. Callum put his bandana on, the Boulder Badge from Pewter City attached to it, and loaded his jacket and tarp into his backpack before putting the backpack on.

Callum ran back to Eileen as fast as he could. ?Sorry for making you wait. Shall we continue with your jog?? Callum asked.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
Eileen watched Callum run back towards his things to pick them up, contemplating if she should try to make a break for it to get away from him. 'Though that would seem rude...then again do perverts care about rudeness? Perhaps he isn't even one; do teens normally act like that? The tend to do odd things on those shows I used to watch, but those were simply fiction. I'll just need to keep a close eye on him,' Eileen concluded, noticing Callum had rejoined them and was asking about continuing the jog.

"Yes, that would be a good idea. I think I'll cut it short this morning and just start heading back," she replied to the teen, heading back towards Cerulean.

There was a silence as the group crossed over the Nugget Bridge, only being broken when Eileen couldn't take the silence anymore. "So, uh Callum...are you from here? The Nincada implies that you are not, or that simply you've traveled around. I'm leaning to the former."

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
Tyler examined the pass Jordan waved in front of him. Invites to the S.S. Anne's 10th anniversary? This was almost unbelievable! He faintly recalled the news coverage of the upcoming celebration, as well as speculation as to which Gym Leader or celebrity would be attending. This was definitely the chance of a lifetime. "Hey, we sure hit it lucky!" he said excitedly as Jordan pulled the pass away. Suddenly his early morning lethargy had vanished, replaced by a sense of excitement. "So, when are we going?"