The Road to Indigo (Pokemon RP (Closed): Chapter 7: Dead Living On The Radio...)

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
?Yes I?m from Hoenn; specifically Rustboro City. I?m here because I got a job at the Devon Corporation. A couple of researchers needed someone to catch all of the species of bug Pokémon for their project. I got the job and they had me start here because a bunch of trainers, which I?m assuming is your group, started here and it allowed for a faster trainer registration and equipment set up. It works out pretty good since I always wanted to travel the world, and since I want to go everywhere; I?m the challenge here because some places require the region?s badges in order to enter them,? Callum explained while continuing walking.

In the meantime his Ledyba had returned to him and was resting on his bag again. His Spinarak left his should and was battling it out with a Drowzee. The String Spit Pokémon was on top of its head sucking its blood with Leech Life. The Drowzee tried to get it off by using Headbutt on a nearby tree. The Spinarak jumped off before it connected and finished the Drowzee off with a Night Shade. The early Headbutt caused a Spearow to fall from the tree, and the Bug Pokémon quickly retreated to his trainer.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Fary nodded. "It's fine. I'd rather have it cleaned out at this point then suffer any longer." Fary said holding her hand out trying to avoid how she hurt her hand and focus on fixing it. "I'm sorry about earlier with Misty. Things haven't been going well for me it seems. Man, maybe I should of never left Black City." she sighed thinking about everything that's been happening.

"Though I also have a reason to be here as well. Damn Family traditions." she looked at the ground at that point thinking of the task her father gave her.

I want you to breed and train a Dragonite better then mine. Then I will consider your training finished Fary and you will take over the family breeding.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
At Fary's acceptance, Rochelle nodded to Kirsten and the Water-type carefully sprayed Fary's hand with water, washing away the blood and leaving the cuts bare. Rochelle set Kirsten down on the ground again, and Kirsten stuck around to observe the proceedings, though she was looking a little tired from being out of the water. Rochelle then collected the supplies she planned to use, drying off Fary's hand before she applied disinfectant and gauze, and wound a bandage fairly tightly over it, securing the end with the small clip as she had been taught.

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to, I think," she said quietly in answer to Fary's mention of the episode with Misty. "You and Jordan need to figure out what's going on between the two of you... I hope you've both learned something from your choices," she added. Even someone with no experience of being in a relationship, such as Rochelle, could tell that things had started to go downhill from the night in Pewter City.

"Now, before I let you go, one last thing. Don't take the bandages off, no matter how tempting it gets," she instructed. "Your hand will heal faster if you leave it alone... also, I'm gonna need the clip back eventually, since I don't have much in this kit," she said. Her supplies were indeed finite.

Rochelle punctuated her last sentence with a yawn, a small one so as not to offend. "Um, sorry. Didn't get much sleep last night," she explained.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
The selective hearing that Eileen seemed to have ignored almost everything Callum said until he mentioned that he might join the group on the way to Vermillion. "Excellent that you're joining us on the trip, Callum. It'll be nice to not be considered the 'new person' anymore, even though there was not that much time difference between when I joined and when you did," Eileen told him as a few of the other Trainer's in the group could be seen close by, "Seems like they didn't move too far a head of us."

Her attention turned to her Exeggcute who seemed to be having difficulty taking on his opponents now that he had been battling for a while. Ari was not used to the constant battling that she normally had Hughes do, and it was evident that he was about to be too tired to even continue his battle with a Drowzee. "Ari, return!" Eileen called out, raising his Pokeball to return her tired Pokemon back, "You'll get used to this soon enough. Hughes!"

Her fire Pokemon took Ari's place in the battle with the Drowzee, and the foe quickly fell to Hughes' bite attack. Compared to Ari, Hughes looked no worse for wear and seemed eager to continue his win streak by taking on the next closest Pokemon: a Mankey. "Good boy Hughes. Are you even tired yet?" she asked her Pokemon, getting an energetic bark that certainly sounded like a 'no'. "Good, just keep up with us okay?" she asked, getting another bark as a reply.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika's Pokemon were busy as well, training heartily against the local population of wild ones, and the occasional trainer passing through the area. Especially Toxina, as her Double-Kick made short work of the Meowth, Rattata, and other Normal-Types in the area. Bones was making short work of a few Drowzee, his Dark attacks making them fall easily, and the Bugs in the trees and Grass-Types around were no match for his Ember. Gruumsh, which is what Mika had named his new Mankey upon noticing it was missing an eye, was quite the battler. The Pig-Monkey Pokemon battled with speed and ferocity, and Mica was quite impressed with him.

Toxina took down a Snubbul with a well placed Poison Sting to the chest, watching the pink Pokemon fall to the ground. She looked awfully proud of herself, and suddenly started to glow with an ethereal light... Mica had seen this many times before, but it was always a reward to see. Toxina's form grew bigger, larger, and stronger. When the light faded, she was twice as large as her previous form, and her body was coated with larger spikes than before. She looked over at Mika and let out a happy cry.

[color=445599]Mika, I evolved! I feel much stronger, now.[/color]

Mica smiled and patted her gently, rubbing her ears affectionately. "Great job! You look great, Toxina." He smiled and looked back to the rest of the group.

"Hey... did anyone happen to find a Moon Stone while we were in Mt. Moon?" He asked the group curiously, just in case he wanted to evolve her into a Nidoqueen.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"Congratulations!" Aeris said when she walked over to Mika, noticing that his Nidoran evolved into Nidorina. "I didn't find a Moon Stone, though I did find a fossil. I know that won't help, though." She gave Mika a nuzzle on his nose, smiling. Then she remembered her scratches.

"I got a new addition to my team who did this to me." she said, pointing towards her scratched face. "I'm not too happy about it, but she might be a decent team member." Felina was taking care of a couple of Oddishes before coming over to Aeris, purring and smiling. "You're a little trouble maker, but you will do alright." She patted Felina's head and scratched between her ears.

Blaze, Ekans and Xal decided a break was in order and went over to Aeris. "Good work, everyone. And let me introduce the newest member of the team." She picked up Felina and held her in her arms. "This is Felina." she said to her team. "She seems to be quite capable of handling herself." "Meowth!" Nice to meet you all. The team welcomed her, each with their own unique cry.

Aeris let Felina down when she heard her Pokedex ding a few times. "Huh?" She fetched it out of her pocket and opened it. It seemed to be providing her with new information, or at least something she hadn't noticed before. Abilities.

Code:
Blaze/Charmeleon: Blaze
Powers up Fire-type moves in a pinch.

Tristan/Butterfree: Compoundeyes
The Pokémon's accuracy is boosted.

Ekans: Shed Skin
The Pokémon may heal its own status problems.

Xal/Geodude: Sturdy
The Pokémon is protected against 1-hit KO attacks.

Sonya/Venonat: Tinted Lens
Powers up "not very effective" moves.

Felina/Meowth: Pickup
The Pokémon may pick up items.
"Ooo, all sound like useful abilities. Good to know that." Aeris put her Pokedex back in her pocket, watching as Felina was getting along with her other Pokemon. She smiled at it.

RBMidknight

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2009
Simon let Shadow wander for a bit, following the Pokémon as he moved through some high grass. After the grass was a field filled with groups of large leaved plants that looked vaguely familiar. And after the field was another section of grass. The changes in scenery were lost on Shadow as the Pokémon had his head to the ground and appeared to be following a scent. Simon brushed stray leaves from the bottom of his pants leg. "What are you doing, bud?" the trainer asked. They cleared the grass and still Shadow was focused on something. At least he's easier to track. Simon thought. The reversal in color and change in stature post-evolution was nice.

At the sound of his trainer's voice Shadow looked up and gave an anxious whine. They were getting closer to whatever it was. Good Simon thought. Shadow broke into a slow run.

"Hey!" and Simon followed.

Past some more grass and towards the edge of a man-made dirt barrier Shadow skidded to a halt. They'd reached an area of trees. Forepaws raking against bark, Shadow attempted to climb the nearest one. More trees. Crossing his fingers against Pidgeys Simon looked up. The tree was full of branches all of which had healthy leaves. There was nothing but green to see. Light green, some dark green, and lots of leaves in between.

"I don't see anything here. Calm down, you're making a mess." Simon backed up a few steps and detached a Pokéball from his bandolier. "Let's try something."

Shadow's whining ceased and he moved toward the arriving Pokémon.

"Drow?" Drowzee yawned as he emerged. The Pokémon looked around. "Zee?"

"Good morning," Simon knelt down to talk to the sleepy Pokémon, "Could you Headbutt that tree please? Shadow move out of the way."

"Yen!" Seeing his teammate Shadow happily obliged. "Migh. Te. Mi."

"Zee..." Drowzee gave another yawn but did turn to look at the tree Shadow had scratched up.

Simon and Shadow cleared a path for the psychic Pokémon. "ZEE!" the Pokémon dashed forward, its form actually blurring to Simon's eyes just before the headbutt struck. There was the sound of angry flapping. Please don't be Pidgeys. Or Spearow. Simon silently pleaded. Beedrill would be bad as well. Be something small Simon decided. The lowest branches began to shake. Then two rocks fell to the ground.

At least, that's what it looked like to Simon. Dark green, the same color as the leaves, the two large objects were unmoving. They also seemed to be hovering a few inches above the ground.

"What is that?" the trainer wondered out loud. He moved forward to get a better look closely followed by Shadow.

They looked sort of like a pine cone. If a pine cone had undergone massive doses of radiation and somehow mutated to giant-size. Simon leaned closer. Suddenly the closest pine cone's eyes snapped open.

"Pine!"

Uh-oh Those eyes were not friendly. Simon scrambled backwards. He retrieved his Pokédex as he moved and pointed the device at the leftmost Pokémon. "Shadow, Drowzee?" the trainer called. The Pokémon answered from a short distance away. The second pine cone began to open its eyes just as the Pokédex beeped.

No. 204 Pineco

Bagworm Pokémon

HT 2' 00"

WT 15.9 lbs.

It looks just like a pinecone. Its shell protects it from bird Pokémon that peck it by mistake.

"PINE!" The first angry Pineco dropped to the ground and began hopping towards Simon. Woah!

"Shadow use tackle on the angry one. Drowzee, use Confusion on the one behind." Simon ordered. The trainer continued to walk backwards.

The Pokémon gave their affirmative cries. Shadow dashed forward quickly. He launched into the air and then lunged towards his target. Drowzee remained closer to the trainer but was equally as focused on his own attack.

"Piiiine. Co." Drowzee's target began to spin in place as the Confusion attack took effect. Simon himself became a little confused as he watched the Pokémon raise itself into the air while still spinning. He sidestepped a bit and caught a glimpse of something anchoring the Pokémon to the tree above. Ah. Now things made more sense.

"Well done." Simon complimented Drowzee. He looked towards the Pineco that had been tackled. It had been moved several yards in the attack. Unfortunately the Pineco didn't have any visible damage. There was a strange fog or mist surrounding it. "Shadow try a bite attack." Simon called. The trainer glanced back at the confused Pineco. It was still spinning in place.
"Might!" Sharp teeth latched onto the angry Pineco.

"Drowzee-" Simon turned but his words stalled when he saw the Pokémon was already starting an attack. "...use disable." Simon finished quietly. A dark glow, the signature of the Disable attack, started around Drowzee and was echoed around the Pineco. "Pine!" Completely ignoring Shadow and the sharp teeth still embedded in its side the Pineco's eyes focused on Drowzee. "Co..." Another glow began to form. But this glow wasn't dark. This glow was...blue. And it was getting brighter.

"Shadow move!" Simon called out. He hit the button on Drowzee's Pokéball and aimed while dropping to the ground.

*Piiiiiine* There was a bright flash, a roar, and then silence.

"Pah." Simon spat out bits of grass that had blown into his face. He slowly sat up, blinking several times to try and clear his vision. "Shadow?" he called.

"Yen!" Shadow answered. Free of debris the Pokémon was a few feet away from some Pineco-sized drag marks. At the end of the drag marked trail was a crater.

Self-destruct Simon realized. How unpleasant. The trainer picked up his pack and walked towards the battleground.

"[small]co....[/small]" At the bottom of the crater a blackened Pineco was unconscious. "I guess that's one way to end a fight." Simon noted. "Migh." Shadow seemed to agree. The Pokémon pawed at the ground, causing bits of dirt to drop onto the downed Pokémon.

"Yes, you win." Simon laughed quietly. The words sounded a bit odd, prompting Simon to place a hand over his ears. After effects of the explosion, he reasoned. Where's the other one? Simon spun around.

"Pi." The remaining Pokémon still looked a bit confused but not angry. It had a shimmering mist around it, the same kind its partner had earlier. Simon checked the Pokédex entry. Protect. "I think you are smarter than your friend." Simon informed the Pineco.

"Pine. Pi. Co. Pine." the Pineco answered.

"Migh. Te. Yen. Mi." Shadow picked up the apparent conversation, adding comments of his own.

"Pine.....pine" The Pineco looked up at the tree it had fallen from. Oddly Simon began to feel a bit guilty. "Sorry for disturbing you?" he offered. The trainer also didn't want another explosion to occur.

"Pine...." The Pineco moved its body back and forth. Then it slowly began to move upwards. Simon watched until it disappeared into the leaves.

"Might?" Now that the fight was over Shadow decided he was hungry. He pushed against Simon's pack and gave his trainer a pleading look. "No more snacks. You already had half of my sandwich." Simon told Shadow sternly.

"Yen..." Shadow's ears and tail drooped momentarily. "Migh?" Then something else caught his attention.

Another scent? Simon guessed. "We don't need any more explosions." he warned.

"Yen." Shadow began moving along a nearby path at a deliberately slow pace. His head was up and his ears twitched every few seconds. Not a scent, Simon decided, but a sound. As they rounded a group of hedges a building came into view. Simon stopped to inspect the building while Shadow continued moving until he was on the front porch. Made of what looked like stone or brick the majority of the building was sort of a pinkish hue. Dark wood shutters matched the door and the roof was a vibrant red color. A bit like the Pokémon center. A simple mailbox was situated in front of the building. A large mailbox not unlike those in front of Simon's office building. A business, maybe?

"Why did you-oh." As he walked up the steps Simon could hear the sound of an argument. He stepped back to take a closer look at the sign above the door.

Code:
Pokémon Day Care - 'Let us raise your Pokémon!'
A daycare center for Pokémon? He had heard of such a place but never actually seen one. It this spot seemed like an odd place for a daycare. Simon looked up the path and then turned to see the other direction. There was no one in sight. "It's kind of hidden." Simon noted. Ignoring his trainer Shadow pushed against the door. It opened it slightly. The muffled argument became became clear.

"We're sorry but the Pokémon you gave us did not get along." An elderly female voice was apologetic but firm.

"I don't care if they get along or not your job is to make me an egg from what I give you. My buyer is already upset and let me tell you you do not want-" Simon shook his head. That voice had to belong to a man in a suit. That arrogance and tone would produce nothing less than a designer outfit and probably a phone or laptop. Expensive things, for showing off and looking like you were important. There was a list of standard phrases entry-level delivery boys were supposed to use when dealing with someone so pompous. They were the type most likely to file unwarranted complaints. The list had a lot of apologies and soothing assurances.

"We're sorry." Another voice joined in the conversation Simon was eavesdropping on. A male voice that sounded just as old as the woman's. "We can care for the Pokémon but they won't be providing any eggs." There was a slight pause. "No matter what we do."

"Oh really? Because I've got a nice negligence report here that I can just-"

Simon sighed and took a step back. He really had no place here. He had no authority. It wasn't like he could just...

"-and let me tell you, Vulferam Hart never takes no for an-."

Wait a minute. Simon quickly pulled his pack around and undid the top. Pushing past his latest purchases he withdrew the package he'd gotten from his office.

Code:
Vulferam Hart, Attorney at Law
c/o White Room Industries
Oh no. There was a non-too-gentle shove to the trainer's back. Simon found himself falling forward against the door, stumbling into the lobby, and instantly attracting the attention of the occupants. The trainer glanced backwards to see Shadow just behind him.

"As I was saying, are you prepared for the full attention of my department to come barreling at full steam against-"

"Sir? Excuse me, sir?" Simon rose to his feet and stepped forward. The older couple behind the counter looked at the trainer while the lawyer paid him no attention. Instead the man continued to rant for a few seconds.

"Sir!" Simon braced himself as the man, who actually was in a suit, finally turned in his direction.

"How dare you? Can't you see I'm busy. Do you even know. Who. I. Am?" Which each word the man's voice rose in volume. His face turned red and Simon was briefly reminded of how Pineco looked before it self-destructed.

Shadow didn't care for the man's attitude. "Migh." He walked in between his trainer and the man, forcing both to take a step backwards.

Simon held out the package along with the electronic signature device he'd hastily removed from his pack. "Yes sir," he replied, "and I'm supposed to deliver this to you."

The Suit yanked the package out of Simon's grasp. He mumbled a bit as he read over the shipping label.

"There are the parts we ordered last month. Why'd it take so long, boy?" the man sneered.

Because you refused to pay for the delivery. Simon thought.

"I'm sorry sir, the item was marked for pick-up only."

"I don't want to hear it just give me that-" The man took the signature device from Simon and used the attached pen to scribble on the receipt. "Here." Simon was forced to drop his pack to catch the device. He winced as the pack landed on his foot and something fell to the floor.

The Suit turned to the elderly couple. "I've got to get this back to the office. But I'll be back to finish this conversation." Completely ignoring the mess he'd created the man walked out of the building.

*Whew* Simon sighed quietly in relief. He knelt down and began to pick up the Potions that had fallen out of his pack.

"Thank you." Simon's head jerked up and he saw the couple had stepped out from behind the counter.

"It's...it was no problem." The trainer replied. He finished putting stuff back in order and stood up, holding the pack by one of its straps. "I'm glad I could help." And glad he could get rid of the package. A good deal in the end. "Sorry for barging in like that." Simon added though he made no mention of the eavesdropping.

"It's quite alright." The older woman turned to look at the man, who looked back. There was a moment of silent communication. It was something Simon had seen his parents do often. Something he didn't really understand. So he waited patiently for some sort of cue. While he waited he observed the couple. They were dressed in plain clothes. Both had greying hair but somehow they didn't seem as old as his own grandparents. They both moved without any sort of assistance and didn't have the gaze of the absentminded.

Abruptly the man gave a quick nod and headed toward the back of the room. "Would you mind waiting here for a minute? My husband won't be long." The daycare woman smiled. A normal looking door was opened and the man disappeared. Strange sounds, and the sound of several Pokémon, were heard until the door swung closed. Shadow's head tilted in confusion.

Simon nodded as he shouldered his pack. "Okay."

Exciting by the sounds that he could no longer hear Shadow bounded forward. He leaned against the counter in an attempt to reach the door.

"Shadow, be careful." Simon warned. The Pokémon whined and dropped back down to the ground.

"Oh he's not hurting anything. So are you a Pokémon trainer?" The woman asked. She gestured to Simon's chest where his bandolier was on clear display.

"Yes ma'am. And a courier." Simon detached his ID from a sleeve on his pack and held it up for a few seconds. When the woman made no move to step forward he put the card away. Shadow walked closer, brushing against Simon's side. Simon dropped his hand down gently on Shadow's head, scratching behind his ears until the Pokémon made a happy sound.

"Well. Perhaps you could do us a favor." There was the sound of a soft click and Simon looked up to the man returning. He had a small plastic container in one hand and something held carefully against his side.

Both trainer and Pokémon leaned forward. A Pokémon egg! Simon recognized the spherical object. He'd never seen one before. Well, not a real one.

"I...it'd. *ahem* A favor?" Simon stumbled over his response as the man neared. The egg was mostly white but had some blue and red accents.

The daycare woman continued, "One of the other centers sent us this egg. But we're a bit overbooked you see. We want someone who will appreciate the Pokémon to take care of it. A Pokémon ranger or breeder. Or a trainer. Like you."

"What do you say?" The daycare man gave a broad grin and placed the egg in Simon's hands.

"Me? But...Thank you." Simon remained still, not wanting to move, not wanting to do anything to disturb what he'd been given. "Are you sure?" He asked nervously.

"Relax, boy. It's a tough one." The daycare man laughed at Simon's expression. "You're not going to break it just by holding it."

"What is it?" Simon asked. Despite the man's assurances he cautiously tilted the egg on its side. He found that the red and blue accents covered the entire egg.

The old man hesitated before replying. "We have our suspicions. I hope you don't mind but we'd like to keep it a surprise. Just in case we're wrong."

Simon nodded. "Okay." In his current mood he felt like agreeing to anything. He had a Pokémon egg. A real Pokémon egg.

"Let me see that pack of yours." the daycare man requested. Wordlessly Simon handed it over. The man took the bag to the counter and set it down. He held up the container he'd brought along with the egg. "This is Pokémon food," Shadow's ears twitched at the familiar word, "but it's designed for baby Pokémon. It's made to last. So this ought to keep you until you can buy some more at a Pokémart. Be sure to specify that you want food for a young or baby Pokémon. There is a difference." Simon nodded again and let the man put the container of food in his pack. There was a brief shuffling sound "You have a bike that you're not using?" The man looked curiously at Simon.

The trainer shrugged. Is that a bad thing? Simon wondered.

"Do call us when it hatches?" The daycare woman stepped closer and gave Simon's arm a friendly pat.

"Yes ma'am." Simon replied.

"Great! Let me just get you our number." The woman turned and disappeared behind the counter. "We had cards made just the other day..." There was the sound of drawers being opened and closed rapidly.

The daycare man handed Simon his pack and traded for the egg while Simon put the pack back on.

"Unfortunately we can't tell you when it'll hatch." The man apologized, "But when it's ready, it's ready. Don't be alarmed if there is glowing either. That's normal."

"O...kay." Simon took the egg back and hefted it up a few times. It wasn't that heavy. But maybe he should use the bike. That way he wouldn't have to carry the egg around all day. Plus he'd cover more ground.

"Here you go, dear." The daycare woman returned, triumphantly waved a small card, "What did you say your name was?" She handed Simon the card. It had the daycare's logo, address, and phone number on it. Scribbled on the backside was another number and the couple's full names.

"Simon. Simon Braddock ma'am." He shifted the egg so he could hold out his hand.

"Simon! That's a good name." The daycare woman's handshake was gentle but the man's was solid. Simon was surprised to notice that both couple's hands were calloused. They work for a living. He reasoned. Caring for Pokémon had to be a tough job.

"Indeed it is, " Simon was startled until he realized the daycare man was referring to his 'good' name. "If you ever have Pokémon in need of care feel free to stop by. Or mention us to one of the other couples. We're networked!" The man happily reached over to pat a large bulky machine that Simon identified as a very very old computer.

"I'll do that." Simon assured the couple. "And thank you." Cradling the egg against his chest Simon waved as he left the building. The couple's own farewells were mirror images of each other. Though, just as the door closed, Simon heard the man mutter something about his bike.

"I wonder what that was about." Simon commented to Shadow.

"Migh." Shadow's response was to yawn.

Once he was on the porch Simon paused. Out of curiousity he scanned the egg with his Pokédex.

Egg

?????

HT ??

WT ??

?????

"Well it was worth a shot. So what do you think, bud, what is it?" Simon leaned down and held the egg out. Shadow sniffed at the offering. And appeared to lose all interest. Instead Shadow diverted his attention to Simon's pack.

"Yeennn?" The Pokémon asked hopefully.

Simon laughed as he stood up straight. "You can't be hungry already." Shadow whined, dropping to lay on his back as though he was starving. Simon laughed again at his Pokémon's antics. "Alright. Okay. We'll stop to eat in Vermillion, I promise. First thing."

"Might!"

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
"Well, she's a cutie, at least." Mika said with a smile as he was kissed by Aeris. He managed to find a spot on her face that wasn't scratched, and gave her a soft kiss back. "I've got my own new team-member... and he's quite the fighter."

Mika watched Aeris scan each of her Pokemon and discover their special abilities, something he didn't know the Pokedexes could do. "Hmm... Let me try that."

The young, blonde boy let out each of his Pokemon from their Pokeballs, calling them all over to him from their battles. He fished the Pokedex from his pocket, and pointed it at each of them.

Code:
Bones/Houndour: Flash Fire
Strengthens Fire-Type moves when hit with Fire.

Toxina/Nidorina: Poison Point
Induces Poison status to foes upon physical contact.

Artemis/HootHoot: Keen Eye
Accuracy can not be lowered by Opponent moves.

Claw/Sandshrew: Sand Veil
Boosts evasion in a Sandstorm

Take/Paras: Effect Spore
Chance of status problems upon Physical contact.

Gruumsh/Mankey: Anger Point
Attack is boosted to maximum upon Critical Hit
"Huh.. not bad, I suppose." Mica said aloud, putting back the Pokedex and letting his Pokemon mingle with Aeris' for a few moments. He smiled as Toxina stumbled a few times, getting used to her new body. "Hehe, looks like Bones might not be too keen on Felina..." He pointed out to Aeris, that Bones was playfully growling at the Scratch-Cat Pokemon... Obviously not meaning it.

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
"Huh. Catching Bug Pokemon for Devon Corp? I'm guessing that's easier said than done," replied Tyler.

Off to the side, a Rattata was flung backwards out of the grass by a well-placed Double Kick. It rolled along the ground before coming to a stop along the trail. In pursuit followed Tank, who speared the Mouse Pokemon in the side with a Peck attack before it could stand up. The Nidoran gave a victorious grunt and returned to Tyler's side.

"Tank..." he said. "What did I say about the tall grass?"

Tank giggled mischievously. "Ran ran!"

Tyler grinned and looked at Callum. "By the way, this is Tank, my Nidoran." He then pointed to Geist, who had been silently following the three trainers. "And that's Geist. Just evolved into a Kadabra."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
As Vince slashed through the resident flora and fauna of Route Five and Spike came out to join his team mate for a bit, Jordan surveyed the landscape. The tiny building down the way had to be the entrance to the trail that Misty was referring to. "Hey bros!" he called out. "I think the thing is like this way to go to the next place!"

Vince led the way cutting through the grass leading up to what looked to be no bigger than Jordan's bedroom at home. Jordan pushed the door open, it creaked loudly. The lights above it didn't appear to work. A quick flick of the switch confirmed that. "Here Vicky," he said releasing his final Pokemon. "You can like lead the way and stuff."

Zubitbit! "Hurray dark!"

The group eventually reunited at the building and made the quick trek through the darkened pass. Vicky and Jordan led the way. Jordan tripped over something in the dark, nearly wiping out before retaining his balance. He picked it up, about to chuck it on the wall when it felt heavy, and like a bottle. The rest of the walk was uneventful, as dark dank underground alleyways tend to be. Emerging into another poorly lit shack, it looked like they had just went around in a circle, but there was a fair bit of sunlight coming through, highlighting the other door. It allowed Jordan to see that the bottle he had been holding was labelled "Full Restore", a lucky find.

Walking through out onto the tail end of Route 6, the group was immediately blasted with the scent of the ocean, a scent Jordan had been longing for since he had left on this forced journey. Beckoning in the distance, a large metal frame, looking like it could belong to a house towered over a relatively small port city ahead. A few buildings clustered around the only other thing battling the skeletal home for dominance; the large cruise ship located on the edge of the water. A sign on the road ahead read "Welcome to Vermillion City: The Port of Exquisite Sunsets".

"All right bros!" Jordan exclaimed as he returned Vicky to her ball. "We totally made it! Aw this is going to be awesome! And we still got like a bunch of time until the party starts too! Killer score!" Jordan wasted little time heading down towards Vermillion, eager to get back to his familiar element.

Jordan: Vince (Scyther) - Lvl 19 - (Quick Attack, Leer, False Swipe, Pursuit)
Spike (Mankey) - Lvl 17 - Learned Seismic Toss, Forgot Low Kick (Karate Chop, Leer, Fury Swipes, Seismic Toss)
Vicky (Zubat) - Lvl 17 - Learned Wing Attack, Forgot Astonish (Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Wing Attack)

Mika: Bones (Houndour) - Lvl 20 - Learned Odor Sleuth, Forgot Smog (Ember, Snarl, Bite, Odor Sleuth)
Toxina (Nidorina) - Lvl 17 - Evolved from Nidoran F (Poison Sting, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick)
Artemis (Hoothoot) - Lvl 15 - (Uproar, Foresight, Hypnosis, Peck)
Claw (Sandshrew) - Lvl 14 - Learned Rapid Spin, Forgot Defence Curl (Scratch, Sand Attack, Poison Sting, Rapid Spin)
Take (Paras) - Lvl 14 - (Stun Spore, PoisonPowder, Leech Life, Bullet Seed)
Gruumsh (Mankey) - Lvl 13 - (Low Kick, Focus Energy, Fury Swipes, Karate Chop)

Rochelle: Kirsten (Horsea) - Lvl 18 - Learned Bubblebeam, Forgot Bubble (Smokescreen, Water Gun, Focus Energy, Bubblebeam)
Phoenix (Spearow) - Lvl 16 - (Peck, Leer, Fury Attack, Pursuit)
Natalya (Murkrow) - Lvl 17 - (Astonish, Pursuit, Haze, Wing Attack)
Iskra (Flaaffy) - Lvl 16 - Evolved into Flaaffy, Learned Thunder Wave (Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave)

Aeris: Blaze (Charmeleon) - Lvl 25 - (Metal Claw, Ember, Dragon Rage, Scary Face)
Tristan (Butterfree) - Lvl 22 - Did not learn Whirlwind (Tackle, Sleep Powder, Confusion, Gust)
Ekans - Lvl 19 - (Wrap, Poison Sting, Bite, Glare)
Xal (Geodude) - Lvl 17 - Learned Magnitude, Forgot Rock Polish (Tackle, Mud Sport, Rock Throw, Magnitude)
Sonya (Venonat) - Lvl 16 - (Tackle, Supersonic, Confusion, PoisonPowder)
Felina (Meowth) - Lvl 15 - (Scratch, Bite, Fake Out, Fury Swipes)

Fary: Rogue (Zorua) - Lvl 18 - Learned Faint Attack, Forgot Leer (Pursuit, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack)
Phileas (Pidgey) - Lvl 12 - (Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust)
Horny (Nidoran M) - Lvl 13 - Learned Poison Sting, Forgot Peck (Leer, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Poison Sting)
Raven (Murkrow) - Lvl 12 - (Peck, Astonish, Pursuit, Haze)
Cleo (Ekans) - Lvl 12 - Learned Glare, Forgot Leer (Wrap, Poison Sting, Bite, Glare)
Shroomy (Paras) - Lvl 12 - (Scratch, Stun Spore, PoisonPowder, Leech Life)

Simon: Shadow (Mightyena) - Lvl 22 - Learned Roar, Forgot Sand Attack (Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite, Roar)
Pennant (Pidgey) - Lvl 13 - Learned Quick Attack (Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack)
Brynn (Sandshrew) - Lvl 13 - Learned Rapid Spin, Forgot Defense Curl (Scratch, Sand Attack, Poison Sting, Rapid Spin)
Drowzee - Lvl 16 - (Disable, Confusion, Hypnosis, Headbutt)
Egg (???) - It moves around inside sometimes. It must be close to hatching.

Tyler: Geist (Kadabra) - Lvl 19 - Learned Disable (Teleport, Hidden Power (Ghost), Confusion, Disable)
Tank (Nidoran M) - Lvl 16 (able to evolve) - (Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Poison Sting)
Blitz (Pikachu) - Lvl 15 - (Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave)

Eileen: Hughes (Growlithe) - Lvl 24 - (Bite, Roar, Ember, Flame Wheel)
Ari (Exeggcute) - Lvl 15 - (Barrage, Uproar, Hypnosis, Leech Seed)
Cleo (Meowth) - Lvl 14 - (Scratch, Bite, Fake Out, Fury Swipes)

Alan: Croc (Croconaw) - Evolved from Totodile - Lvl 19 - (Scratch, Water Gun, Rage, Bite)
Spike (Beedrill) - Lvl 16 - Learned Twineedle, Forgot Harden (Poison Sting, String Shot, Fury Attack, Twineedle)
Donna (Bellsprout) - Lvl 15 - Learned PoisonPowder, Forgot Growth (Vine Whip, Wrap, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder)

Callum: Nincada (EX) - Lvl 18 - (Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Fury Swipes)
Ledyba (EX) - Lvl 16 - (Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch, Reflect)
Spinarak (EX) - Lvl 18 - (Poison Sting, String Shot, Leech Life, Night Shade)
Pineco - Lvl 17 - Learned Rapid Spin, Forgot Tackle (Protect, Bug Bite, Selfdestruct, Rapid Spin)
Metapod (e) - Lvl 9 - (Tackle, String Shot)
Weedle - Lvl 8 - (Poison Sting, String Shot)

Callum: Paras (e) - Lvl 14 - (Scratch, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Leech Life)

Fary: Ditto - Lvl 10 - (Transform)

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
So this was Vermilion... an interesting place, Rochelle thought, as she entered the city in question with the others. Primarily orange in colour, the city was a decent-sized one, about the same size as Cerulean, but it seemed much more open to her. And there was the distinct smell of the ocean in the air. It reminded her of her home in Goldenrod, when she would sit and watch the waves at night on the nearby Route 34.

Rochelle had returned her Pokémon to their Poké Balls during the trip through the underground path. She let Kirsten out for a bit of the ocean air, knowing that the Water-type would like the scent on the wind and quickly scheduling a small swim for the Pokémon. Her Pokédex, however, bleeped at her when she released Kirsten from her ball, detailing some new information.

Code:
[u]Pokémon Recognised: Horsea. Updates:[/u]
[color=blue]Techniques: BubbleBeam, SmokeScreen, Water Gun, Focus Energy[/color]
Intrigued by one move in particular, Rochelle tapped a button on the device, revealing some more details.

Code:
[u]Focus Energy:[/u] The user takes a deep breath and focuses its mind, allowing it to produce stronger attacks in battle.
"Interesting..." she mused to herself, looking down at the little creature before picking her up. She resolved to have Kirsten try that in a battle at some point in the future. For now, though, the group of Trainers were at peace, relatively speaking. Curious about one of the reasons for coming to Vermilion City, Rochelle caught up to Jordan and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Say, Jordan, could I get a look at the pass you were given?" she asked. "I didn't pay much attention during breakfast." And there were other things going on... argumentative things, she silently added, wanting to bring up neither the fight between Fary and Misty nor the reasoning behind it. She had spoken her piece to Fary, and hopefully she would do something about it... though there was the option of saying the same to Jordan and hoping he'd get it. She wasn't sure if that would work, though.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
The Route that they had come out to once they were out of the Underground Route was empty, much to Eileen's dismay. 'Maybe because it's just a short route, so there aren't any trainers,' Eileen reasoned with a disappointed look on her face as they entered into Vermillion. There were a few interesting places she wanted to check out while here, but the first thing that needed to be done was to heal her Pokemon. 'And ask Nurse Joy a quick question.'

She looked for the familiar sign and building of the Poke Center, spotting it close by to where they had entered the city. In the distance she saw a large cruise ship that she could only assume was the ship they'd be on tonight. 'Can't make out the name from here, but it's the only one there large enough to fit the description,' she thought as she quickly made her way over to the Pokemon Center, speeding up when she saw some school children running around outside it.

The basic layout of the Center was similar to the previous Centers she had been in, with the front desk and healing section right in the front. The Nurse behind the desk looked at the entrance after hearing the doors open, about to greet this new traveler before she was cut off by Eileen sprinting across the floor right to her.

"Here are my Pokemon," Eileen said, returning Hughes into his Pokeball before handing her three to Nurse Joy.

"Okay. I'll get these out for you in a jiffy," the Nurse responded after she was over the initial shock. She had seen quite a few hasty Trainers in her time, but she had never seen someone make it across to the desk so fast. "Any reason for being so rushed?" the Nurse asked.

"Kinda. When are the schools let out here?" Eileen asked, looking up at the clock on the arch above the front desk.

"They should have gotten out around twenty minutes ago," Nurse Joy responded, listening to Eileen's second question before answering, "They usually got to Route 6 to play with their Pokemon. Sometimes they battle too." That seemed to be what the Trainer wanted to hear as she grinned when she was told that.

"Thanks for the info. I'll just wait over there for my Pokemon," Eileen told the Nurse before heading over to some benches to the side of the Center and taking a seat.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika stretched as they finally reached the port city of Vermillion. He took a deep breath of the sea air and looked up at the early afternoon sun, covering his eyes as it shone brightly. It was a nice day, and he felt good.

"It's a nice day, and I'm excited for the party." He said cheerfully, holding Aeris' hand for a short while, but letting go once they reached the Pokemon Center and he handed his Pokemon in to be healed. Once that was taken care of, he made an immediate beeline for the video-phones. He sat down at one of the screens, and dialed out the number to his older sister in Celadon City. On the screen appeared a woman in her early 20's, no older than 23, with blond hair like Mika's but much longer. The resemblance between the two was there, but here eyes were violet, rather than cyan like Mika's. Her face was also prettier, but that was because of softer features, and makeup of course.

"Hey little brother!" She said with a smile as she saw her younger sibling on the screen. "How's your journey?"

"Not bad, sis. I've already got another full party, and I'm in Vermillion right now... I'm headed back your way after this... just like last time." He said with a smile, which became softer around the edges as the words 'last time' spun through his mind.

"Hey, get your mind out of the past..." She snapped at him, pulling him out of the memory. "... have you been taking your medication? I've seen that look before, and you only get that way when you haven't taken your pills."

"I... I ran out last night, I was gonna get some this morning, but we left before I could get to the pharmacy... I was kinda calling you to see if you had any there... also, I need some nice clothes. Like, anniversary dinner clothes, or something. My group got invited onto the SS.Anne for their Aniversary party."

"Really? No fuckin' way. Good job, kiddo." She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I can send you your slacks and a nice shirt and vest. It's a little warm for the suit jacket in Vermillion... but as for your pills, you took them with you, buddy. Talk to the pharmacy, they should be able to get you some, if not today, within a couple of days."

"Thanks sis... love you. Tell Kevin I said hi." He smiled and blew her a kiss, blushing lightly.

"Love you too, little bro. Will do, bye." She hung up the phone, and Mica hung up as well... after a few minutes, some clothes of his appeared in the transporter, and he went to put them in one of the bunk-rooms, where he put the rest of his things.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
After entering Vermillion City, Callum took a moment to take in the sights. The sea air was crisp and different from the mountain and forest air that he was normally used to. The sun was beating down a little and Callum return his Spinarak, Ledyba, and Pineco; the Pineco having been released during the walk down from Route Six. After removing his jacket, Callum followed Eileen as she rushed to the Pokémon Center.

Taking his time after entering, Callum slowly walked over to the Nurse Joy. ?Welcome to the Vermillion City Pokémon Center. How may I help you?? The Nurse greeted Callum. ?I was hoping to get these four Pokémon healed,? Callum replied, as he removed his Nincada, Ledyba, Spinarak, and Pineco from the green bag on his belt. ?That?s no problem. I?ll have them healed in no time at all,? The Nurse replied before taking his Pokéballs.

With a smile and a thank you, Callum left the front desk and headed to the phones. He had told the Researchers that he would call them when he was in the next city, and he planned on being good for his word. Callum picked up the phone for the booth and dialed their number. After a few rings one of the Researchers picked up the phone.

?Hello Callum. I?m assuming that you managed to arrive in another city.?

?Yes I?m currently in Vermillion City.?

?Ah yes that?s good. We haven?t finished the examinations and tests on your Paras yet. It will be a bit longer before those are completed.?

?That?s alright. Actually today I caught my seventh Pokémon on the way to Vermillion City. I was wondering if there was anything set up since I can only carry six of them at a time.?

?Oh why yes. I guess I never thought telling you before. Since you are an employee of the Devon Corporation, you have access to our Pokémon storage facilities. As long as those lackeys in administration did their job, a box should already be connected your trainer ID. Since you will be storing Pokémon there, I request your permission to access the box. We?ll be able to examine any Pokémon you store there as soon as possible. This should work in your favour since we won?t have to wait for a manual transfer, and we will likely be done before you get a machine to withdraw them from.?

?That sounds good. I?m going to leave two of my Pokémon in there for later. I wish you luck on your research.?

?Thank you. Good bye.?

The research had hung up the phone and the screen reverted back to a menu screen. After a second of searching, Callum managed to find the box section. After the machine finished verifying his Trainer ID, a screen with a grass background appeared. At the top of the screen was the Box?s title,
Code:
Devon Box 387
, and in the middle there were two options; ?DEPOSIT? and ?WITHDRAW?. After selecting deposit, the screen prompted him to insert the Pokémon into the transporter. A second after the balls containing Metapod and Weedle were placed into the transporter, they were digitalized and images of both Pokémon appeared in the box. With that finished Callum exited the program and removed his Pokédex.

Standing up, Callum felt his stomach rumble. He realized that he hadn?t eaten yet today and quickly went over to the Cafeteria to grab a sandwich.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Uh, yeah, totally, Rochelle." Jordan dug around in the pocket of his sweatshirt and produced the pass that Bill had given to him. "I hope this thing isn't like, too rich, or anything. Don't have any other clothes then this you know?"

He looked around the city, just being near the salt water again was reviving his urge to go out and hit the ocean with his board. It was calling to him. But he had no board, not for a while, anyway. There were other things that could be done though, and even just getting a glimpse of the ocean, after the forests and the mountains that were traversed, would be enough for now.

"Hey, Rochelle, I was thinking about like heading down to the ocean there, just to like walk and stuff. You interested in coming with?"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Aeris was enjoying the sights around Vermilion, so long as she stayed away from the ocean. She thought about getting her Pokemon healed, and went to do just that. She saw Mika talking to someone on the phone, and caught a glimpse of the conversation, enough to confirm who it was. She smiled at him, thinking how nice it must be to have an older sister. Her name was called up to get her Pokemon back, so she went to do that. After securing the Pokeballs on her belt, she went back outside, however reluctantly she did so.

Staying as much away from the water as she could, she came across a Pokemon Fan Club. Going inside, there were quite a few people there with their Pokemon, either grooming the Pokemon or letting them play together. It was so adorable, Aeris thought. A man in a suit with a hat and finely groomed mustache came up towards her and shook her hand. "Welcome to the Kanto Pokemon Fan Club! I'm the president of this here fan club. Here we love and adore Pokemon without going into battle with them. I must tell you that I simply love my Rapidash, having had it for a long time now we've bonded so much and..."

He didn't get very far when Aeris started looking around for said Rapidash and finding it at the back of the room. She darted towards it and looked at it with amazed eyes. "Awwwww, it's so adorable!" she said with a bit of a squeal. "She is, isn't she?" the president said. "She's my pride and joy. Don't know what I'd do with myself if I lost her." Aeris was about to pet the Rapidash when the president took her hand away from it. "I can't allow you to do that. For one, it'd mess up her fur. And secondly, you'd get a very nasty burn. She only allows those who she trusts to pet her. Anyone else who tries it gets burned." Aeris had a sad look on her face, with puppy dog eyes no less. The president couldn't stand to look at it for long. "Oh, alright. But don't say I didn't warn you." Aeris was practically bouncing on the spot out of joy.

She went to the front of the Rapidash and looked her into her eyes. The Rapidash looked back, not sure whether to trust this girl or not. Aeris took out one of her Pokeballs and released Blaze, who stretched a bit. "Char. Charmeleon." Ah, a Rapidash. And a well treated one at that. The Rapidash seemed to like the compliment and put down her head for Aeris to pet her. When she did, she didn't get burned like the president said she might get. "Amazing! She's never let anyone pet her this quickly after meeting them. Perhaps it was because you have a Charmeleon, a fellow Fire type." Aeris giggled. "I also just have a way with Fire types. They're my favorite."

After some time, Aeris was about to leave when the president stopped her. "Would you like to join the Pokemon Fan Club? We often hold Pokemon beauty contests to see which one is the cutest, most adorable and just all around best looking." Aeris thought about it for a moment. "Hmmm. Nah, I'm good. I'm more of a Trainer who has her Pokemon battle. Thanks for the offer, though. And thank you for showing me your Rapidash. Oh! Before I forget..." She took out her Pokedex and got data on the Rapidash, then left with a goodbye.

She headed now towards the Pokemart. Though she had stocked up in Cerulean City, she wanted to see if there was anything new in stock here in Vermilion City. And indeed she did find something new. Great Balls and Super Potions were available where they had not been in Cerulean. She bought a few of each, sold her Pokeballs because she knew the Great Balls were better, stocked up on a few other items just in case, then headed outside, not sure where to go now. It was some time until they'd go to the cruise ship, which she wasn't all too keen on going to, but she didn't want to be the only one not to go from their group.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
Eileen anxiously awaited for her Pokemon to be healed, watching as members of the group came in and went about their own things. Mika and Callum went over to the phones which reminded Eileen that she needed to call her parents again when she had the chance. 'I need to give myself an hour window just in case it takes them a while like before,' she thought to herself, heading over to the front desk when her name was called.

A quick thanks later and she was out of the Pokemon Center and was heading back to Route 6. She let out her new Meowth to make sure she was feeling all right, getting a swift scratch to the face as a result. "Ow! Jeez Cleo, you cut off my bandages," Eileen complained, taking off the sliced bandage. Cleo, meanwhile, was going off on some sort of Poke-rant at her new Trainer; none of which Eileen understood. "Uh so...you want to battle?" she asked, getting a scratch on the hand for that one.

'Let's try a different approach then,' she thought, examining her hand before turning back to Cleo. "If you don't want to battle that's fine Cleo, but you still have to serve a purpose on this team. Now I know that you are a great thief, so why not just keep doing that? Just give me any items of value and the rest you can keep in your little bandolier there. How's that sound? That way you don't have to battle very often, and you can do something you enjoy." Eileen hoped the compromise worked. If she didn't she wasn't sure what she would do with her Meowth.

Cleo seemed to be thinking over the proposition, walking around in the grass briefly before making her decision. She went back over to Eileen and held up a paw, agreeing to the proposal with a hand shake. "Excellent! You can start now if you like. I'll just be battling some of the kids around here, so you have the whole area to check out. If you find anything let me know," Eileen told her Meowth after shaking her paw, watching as the Meowth trotted off back into the grass.

'Now that that is settled...' Eileen went over to the pond close by to clean her face, letting the water settle so that she could see her reflection. 'Not too bad I suppose. Only a few cuts are still visible, though I still need a bandage for that big one.' Her attention turned to the footsteps approaching her, and looking up she saw a young boy approaching her.

"This..." the boy started dramatically, twirling his small net in hand, "Is my territory lady! If you want to stay here you have to defeat me, Keigo, in battle!" Keigo seemed sure that this would scare off the random girl so that he could go back to playing with his Pokemon, but he was sorely mistaken.

"Let's battle then," Eileen replied gleefully, watching as the boy seemed taken aback by this. He recovered after a moment and called out a Weedle, declaring it the strongest one in the city. "That might be the case, but it isn't a match for my Pokemon," she said, calling out Hughes to do battle.

The battle was over before young Keigo even knew it, his two Weedles and one Caterpie falling quickly to Hughes' Ember attack. Eileen wrote it down in her notes that this was one of the fastest victories she's won, only being beaten by another Trainer earlier on in her journey who had just one Bug Pokemon. "That was an easy battle. Would this be considered my territory now?" Eileen asked in jest, walking over to the defeated boy before he returned his Pokemon and ran off yelling 'Elijah!'

"Wait! You haven't given me my victory money!" Eileen called out, chasing after the boy with Hughes by her side. When she finally caught up the boy was crying to a slightly older child wearing close to the same clothes as he was.

"Is this her Keigo?" the boy asked, listening to Keigo's sobs. "You have defeated my friend in battle, but I, Elijah, shall avenge him!" the older boy declared, twirling his own net as he called out his Butterfree.

Eileen and Hughes shared a glance of disbelief, wondering if Elijah was serious by sending out his Butterfree. Seemingly he was as he ordered his Pokemon to use Gust, the Butterfree flapping its wings and creating large gusts of winds. Hughes was barely fazed by the move, having dealt with it many times when battling Pidgeys early on in the journey. "Hughes, finish this battle with a Flame Wheel!" Eileen called out, hearing Elijah jest that there was no way his Butterfree could lose in one move.

The boy found out the hard way how wrong he was as Hughes hit the Butterfree hard and fast, knocking it down to the ground before it even had a chance to evade. "Nooooooo!" Elijah yelled, running over to his Pokemon to make sure it was okay, "You okay there buddy? We'll get you to the Poke Center, don't worry."

"Your Butterfree will be fine. Just give me my victory money and you can go," Eileen said, watching as the two boys fished out some money from their pockets before running back to Vermillion. "Let's see...1, 2, 3...a little over four dollars. A little less than what I was hoping," Eileen muttered, counting out her small winnings. She heard Hughes bark and looked up, seeing Cleo trotting by with a pleased look on her face.

"Find anything good?" Eileen asked, watching her Pokemon smile proudly as she handed over a small, light green disc to her Trainer. "Awesome Cleo! You found a TM! That's amazing," she said, examining the TM number on it. 'TM 62 is...a bug-type move if I'm correct. Don't really have a use for that though. Oh well,' she thought, giving Cleo the shiniest of her new coins for doing such a great job.

"Let's go see if we can find anyone else to battle," she stated, looking around the area for more Trainers.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
After getting a ham, lettuce, and tomato sandwich Callum started eating till he heard his name announced over the Pokémon Center intercom. Quickly scarfing if down he headed over to the front desk and retrieved his Pokémon; thanking the nurse. Callum turned and left the Center following this.

Once outside, Callum looked around for a minute. There was a Poké Mart, a Pokémon Fan Club building, a large dock, and finally the gym. Disappointment reached Callum when the Gym entrance was inaccessible for the time being. A heavy sigh left his mouth and he instead headed back up to Route Six. If I can?t fight a gym leader, I might as well see if I can do my job. I might be able to relax up there a little more if everyone from that insane group stays in this city.

After Callum entered Route Six he headed straight for the tree lines, releasing his Spinarak and Ledyba with him. Performing his normal climb and search tactics brought him no new bugs for his collection. I guess I might have all of the Bug Pokémon in this area, Callum thought. The conclusion wasn?t pleasing and he returned back down from the trees after returning his searching partners.

Lost for things to do, Callum returned his Spinarak and Ledyba before lying back down on the ground. Just for something to do with his hands as he watched clouds pass in the sky, Callum started to pull weeds out of the ground. Suddenly as he pulled on a leaf Callum heard a cry. He let go of the leaf that he was pulling on and an Oddish uprooted itself from the ground.

The Pokémon yawned and a beam of red light was shot at Callum. The beam hit but he rolled to the side out of its way. The attack made him feel a bit drain, but he still fished a Netball out from his bag; the ball had a Pineco sticker on it. ?Go Pineco!? Callum yelled out as he pressed the button on the Netball and tossed it into the air. The ball opened up and a red light emerged; materializing into a Pineco. ?Do your thing,? Callum commanded as he pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the Weed Pokémon.

043 Oddish

Weed Pokémon

HT 1' 08"

WT 11.9 lbs.

It often plants its root feet in the ground during the day and sows seeds as it walks about at night.

?[color=336622]Pine Pineco.[/color]? The Bagworm Pokémon said upon its release, before casting out a light green force field. ?[color=3311BB]Oddisssshhhh.[/color] Cried back the Pokémon with a blue body and green leafs. A stream of acid shot out from between the center of its leafs, and hit the force field around the Pineco. The force field disappeared and the Pineco remained unharmed as it quickly hopped over to the Oddish and bit onto a leaf on its head.

?[color=3311BB]Oddiiiiissssshhhhh![/color]? Was screamed as the Pokémon struggled to get free, obviously in pain. The Pineco paid no heed to the Oddish?s cry, as it started to spin around. The Oddish?s body was starting to hit off of the Pineco?s shell, as the Pokémon start to change its rotation speed and tilt back and forth.

Finally the Pineco let go of the leaf and the Oddish flew a few meters. The impact was a bit disorienting as the Oddish released a purple cloud of powder in the wrong direction of the Pineco. The Pineco quickly bounced over while still spinning and hit it again, knocking it to the ground.

Even though the Oddish didn?t have the strength to right itself off of the ground, it fired a red beam as it tried to use Absorb on the Pineco. The Pineco was hit for a second before moved out of the way and stopped spinning. The small amount of energy the Oddish gained from the attack wasn?t enough to help it. I?m probably going to need more than Bug Pokémon if I want to beat all of the gyms. This Oddish still wants to fight as well after all of that. I guess it would make a good member of my team. The Pineco start to jump forward again as it intended to try for another Bug Bite.

?Pineco please stop,? Callum requested and the Pokémon stopped. After a moment of searching, Callum found the last Pokéball without a sticker in his bag. After removing it he threw the Pokéball at the Oddish. It made contact and the Pokémon was pulled inside. After a minute of violent shaking, the Pokéball stopped and chimed as the blinking button turned solid white.

Callum walked over to the Pokéball and picked it up. ?I hope we can be good buddies,? Callum told the Pokéball, and quickly placed the Oddish sticker from his collection onto the Pokéball. ?Good job as well Pineco,? Callum congratulated his Pokémon. Felling a bit thirsty Callum removed his canteen and drank the last of it. He had forgotten to refill it and went off to the water?s edge in order to refill it. His Pineco followed in behind him.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
"What do you mean you refuse to battle just with me?! I can take on both of you without needing a partner," Eileen explained, furious at the way the two teens before her were acting. Earlier she had approached the two teens (seemingly a couple with the way they were acting) and asked for a battle; being quickly shot down by the couple for not having a partner to battle with.

"Sorry lady, my girlfriend and I only battle together. So either find someone or don't bother coming back," Camper Ricky told Eileen, handing his girlfriend a finished flower necklace. Eileen raged for a minute before storming off to go and find someone, telling the couple to wait for her there.

She headed back the way she came towards Vermillion, hellbent on finding someone to partner up with. 'So that I can smite those damn kids and make them regret the day they were born,' Eileen thought, seeing a familiar face by the pond and running over.

"You! Callum! Be my partner for a battle! I'm going to teach those kids a lesson!" she yelled frantically, keeping an eye on Ricky and Nancy to make sure they were still there.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"One moment..." Rochelle answered, half-paying attention to Jordan's question while she examined the S.S. Anne pass, cradling Kirsten in the crook of one arm. Like Jordan had said, it allowed ten guests to board the ship, promising a full night's worth of entertainment. Pokémon were evidently allowed on board, as the entertainment included battling among its listed attractions.

Jordan's worry about a dress code seemed to be an unnecessary one, as the pass made no mention of any particular restrictions on attire. He would probably also be interested in the available food, knowing him. Rochelle, however, was of the mind that she would need to at least clean up and make herself presentable for an event such as this. She made a note to go through her items of clothing for suitable attire... and also another note to buy a journal or something in which to keep the little notes she made. She would forget them otherwise.

"Interesting that someone would just give these away, at no charge," she mused, handing the pass back to Jordan before thinking over his question. "Um... sure, why not," she agreed, falling into step beside him. She wanted to ask Jordan about a couple of things... and maybe see how his Pokémon fared in battle against her own. That would be an interesting match, especially if Jordan proved himself to be at least somewhat smart about his battling. Rochelle thought that he sometimes came across as being a couple of eggs short of an Exeggcute.

She had no intention of insulting Jordan, of course, which is why she did not give voice to that particular thought.