The Road to Indigo (Pokemon RP (Closed): Chapter 7: Dead Living On The Radio...)

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Callum removed his filled Canteen from the pond and returned it to his pack. And here I thought I?d have a quiet afternoon and she then comes raining down. ?I don?t remember agreeing to become your slave. I?m not sure what has you in such a bind but I have no reason to battle them. Seriously I just want to relax since I can?t get into the Vermillion Gym. Please go find someone else to bother,? Callum responded calmly to Eileen.

The waves from her overly aggressive personality and the group she was with had been clashing with Callum waves since this morning; his normal relaxed self was hidden away by the effect. Callum?s Pineco could sense the offbeat from his trainer and hopped in between the two, shouting towards Eileen.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
Hughes didn't appreciate the way Callum's Pineco was shouting at his Trainer. He stepped in front of the Pineco and barked back, basically telling the Pokemon to back off or else.

"Woah down there everyone. Let's just calm down and relax. Hughes, leave Callum's Pineco alone. Callum, how about we go about this a different way? Is there anything I can do to change your mind? Anything at all?" Eileen asked, taking a step back to rethink how she was going about this. It was then she remembered what her Meowth had given her.

"How about this TM I recently obtained. It's a bug-type move, and I don't really plan on using it. If you help me and we win I'll give it to you. How does that sound?"

Callum mulled it over in his head for a minute. "Fine, but you also owe me a favour," Callum replied with respite in his voice.

"Excellent. Let's get over there then," Eileen said with excitement, taking Callum's hand and dragging him over to where the couple were. "Hey I found someone to battle with," Eileen told Ricky and Nancy, the two Trainers laying down in the grass.

"You 'found someone'? You are totally going to lose with that attitude. You have to be in tune with your battle partner, and clearly since you just picked some random guy off the route there won't be any tuning going on," Ricky said snobbishly, with Nancy giggling next to him.

"I don't care about all that junk. I just want to get this battle going so that I...we can kick your butts," Eileen replied, letting Hughes go into battle. The couple laughed and sent out their own Pokemon; a Squirtle and Rattata.

"You think you can handle one of these guys?" Eileen asked Callum with a smirk, grabbing out her notepad and pencil to take down battle notes.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
?Ya sure,? Callum replied to Eileen before kneeling down beside his Pineco. ?Look I know you may not like him, but do your best to work together. I know you can beat their butts, so do good,? Callum told his Pineco.

?[color=336622]Pineco. Pine co.[/color]? Alright. I?ll try.

Pineco then hopped forward onto the battlefield standing beside Hughes waiting for the battle to start. In the meantime Callum sat on the ground before turning and lying on his side, with his arm under his head. Picnicker Nancy started the battle by ordering her Rattata to use Quick Attack on Eileen?s Growlithe.

"Dodge it Hughes, and use an Ember attack!" Eileen ordered her Pokémon to do, jotting down the first moves of the battle. She looked over to Callum expecting him to start giving orders to his Pokémon, only to find him lying down taking a nap. 'Is...he serious? Is this due to confidence in his Pokémon, or because he doesn't care? Perhaps I shouldn't have gotten him to battle with me,' Eileen thought, turning her attention back to the battle to see Ricky's Squirtle about to use a Water Gun attack on Hughes.

Hughes was busy paying attention to the Rattata, trying to dodge its Quick Attacks and fire back with some Embers. The Squirtle shot out a strong spiral of water towards the Pokémon, using his strongest water attack to hit the vulnerable fire Pokémon.

The Pineco jumped in the way of the Water Gun and produced Protect?s green force field. As the Water Gun made contact it simply bounced off and failed. ?Damn it!? Ricky yelled. ?Use Water Gun again!? The Squirtle quickly fired out another beam of water. Pineco quickly produced another Protect force field but this time the Water Gun Broke through, and started to push the Pineco back.

The Rattata was proving to be a tricky opponent, both managing to dodge Hughes' attacks and hitting back with its own. "Hughes, keep using Ember! Back the Rattata up!" Eileen called out, looking at Hughes who had given her a weird look as a reply. He knew that continuing to use his Ember was useless if he couldn't hit the Pokémon, but the smile on his Trainer's face told him she had a plan. He turned back to his opponent, using Ember to try and back him up like Eileen told him to. The smaller Pokémon dodged to the side with the Embers hitting the grass behind her. Hughes then realized what Eileen had meant, but it was too late for him to continue the attack just yet as the Rattata was told to use Hyper Fang.

The Rattata's shining teeth dug into Hughes before it was thrown off. Hughes pushed the Pokémon back by trying to use Bite on it, and once it was far enough away he used Ember once more.

Pineco was struggling to move as the Water Gun was keeping up persistent pressure. Suddenly the Pokémon started to use Rapid Spin. The water from the Water Gun was breaking up in the different layers of bark that protected Pineco?s body. A fine mist started to fill the air as Pineco started to hop towards the Squirtle; the Water Gun no longer posing any damage.

Nancy wasn't sure what the older girl's game was, but she was sure she was up to something. 'That's been way too many attacks used that have missed, and yet she keeps telling her Pokémon to do it. Why?' Then it hit her when she felt the heat from the fires that were on the grass near her. Her Rattata was backed up into a corner of fire with nowhere to go, and the Growlithe was right in front of her.

"No!" Nancy shouted after hearing Eileen tell Hughes to use Bite, watching as the bigger Pokémon grabbed a hold of her Rattata and knocked it out with the move. "R-return!" Nancy said, raising up her Pokéball in shame that she didn't realize what was happening. 'If only Ricky's Squirtle wasn't busy with that Pineco, he'd have been able to stop the fires,' she thought as she brought out her next Pokémon; a Pikachu.

As Hughes was trapping the Rattata, Pineco had made it over to the Squirtle. ?Squirtle use Withdraw,? Ricky commanded and the Squirtle withdrew itself into its shell. Pineco was keeping up the Rapid spin but it had almost no effect as it made contact with the shell. Angry the Pineco jumped on top of the Squirtle?s shell and started to bounce up and down on it. The spinning base point that Pineco stood upon started to lightly crack the squirtle?s shell with the persistent balancing.

?I could use a little help over here Nancy,? Ricky said as the Pineco wouldn?t let up. ?Pikachu use Quick Attack on the Pineco. Knock it off of Squirtle,? Nancy commanded. Her Pikachu dashed towards Callum?s Pineco made contact with it midair. The force knocked the Pineco back a few meters and stopped its Rapid Spin.

Hughes moved in with an Ember attack now that the two opponents were distracted, the attack hit Nancy's Pikachu before Ricky told his Squirtle to fire back with a Water Gun. Steam let out as the two attacks hit, neither Pokémon backing down.

Eileen looked back down at Callum, not pleased with the way he was acting. 'If he wants to sleep and lose battles on his own time that's fine, but now when we're in a double battle,' she told herself before ordering Callum's Pineco to use Rapid Spin against the Pikachu, hoping that the Pokémon would listen.

?He won?t listen to you. I trust my Pokémon enough that I let them battle how they want to. They survived long enough on their own in the wild, so it?s only natural,? Callum replied with a yawn as he continued to watch the battle. Is it that strange to just let them battle in their own way?

True to Callum?s word, the Pineco completely ignored Eileen and instead used bug bite on the Squirtle?s tail. The Pokémon broke its Water Gun as Pineco tried to Rapid Spin like it did with the Oddish. The Squirtle was having none of it and countered with its own Rapid Spin. As the tail withdrew it broke free on the Bug Bit and the Squirtle started to spin; slowing each other down on contact.

Eileen pursed her lips at Callum's remark, deciding to just focus on her own Pokémon for now. "Hughes attack the Pikachu with a Flame Wheel!" Eileen said to her Pokémon, hoping that the Pikachu's static ability wouldn't affect Hughes if he was covered in fire. Nancy heard this and told her Pikachu to use Thunder Shock before Hughes could get close.

The Pikachu's body glowed yellow as it let out Thunder Shock after Thunder Shock while trying to hit Hughes before the Pokémon could pick up the needed speed. Hughes still charged forward, managing to dodge most of the Pikachu's attack while hastening his speed. Even though a few of the Thunder Shocks hit them he charged through; letting out a stream of fire from his mouth once he was within distance for the attack.

The Rapid Spins soon stopped and Ricky was getting impatient. ?Bite attack now Squirtle!? He yelled as the Tiny Turtle Pokémon tried to use Bite on the Pineco. A green force field once again appeared and the Squirtle was knocked back on contact. The Pineco, not about to let the Squirtle regain ground, started to rapid spin again; before jumping hard into the Squirtle. The force of the contact sent the Squirtle flying backwards into the path of one of the Pikachu?s Thunder Shock attacks.

The Pikachu and Nancy were too busy focusing on Hughes to notice that Ricky's Squirtle was thrown in the way by the Pineco, neither of them realizing it. Ricky however yelled at Nancy to have her Pokémon stop, but it was too late as the Thunder Shock hit the Squirtle dead on. The Squirtle fell down after the attack, the outside of his shell burnt from the strength of the attack.

"No!" Ricky yelled out at the sight, being followed by his girlfriend's same yell as he Pikachu was knocked out by Hughes' Flame Wheel attack.

"This...this is all your fault Ricky!" Nancy screamed at him after picking up her battered Pokémon.

"What?! It was yours! Your stupid Pikachu was the one that knocked out my Squirtle! Maybe if you were a better Trainer this wouldn't have happened!" Ricky replied, getting a slap to the face for his insult.

"I hate you Ricky! It's always about your Pokémon! You never paid enough attention to me! Maybe if you did we'd have been able to beat this couple! You know what? We're through Ricky. I'm done and out. I'll leave your Pokédolls outside of my house so you can pick them up later. Good bye!" With that Nancy ran away back to Vermillion in tears, with Ricky yelling that they were Poke-Action Figures not dolls.

"So...can I have my money now?" Eileen asked, writing the last of the notes for the battle. Ricky responded by fishing out some money and throwing it onto the ground yelling, "Just you wait! I'm going to get my buddy and his girl to come and kick your butts! As revenge! Let me go and find them and they'll take you on!"

"Okay sounds good," Eileen replied, picking up the money that was on the ground as Ricky ran to go find his friends. "The money is mine, by the way," she told Callum after picking it up and counting it out, putting it in her pocket before congratulating Hughes.

More fighting. Isn?t there a stable person in this universe? Callum sighed as he got up and walked over to his Pineco. ?Good job buddy,? Callum replied as he rubbed the bark near the Pokémon?s stem. Up close it was clear that Pineco was tired and Callum returned him to his Netball. ?What was with that couple comment? Also I?ll be taking that TM now,? Callum told Eileen as he held out his hand.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Fary decided she needed to clear her head and a good way to do this was to walk around Vermillion; first she knew she needed to get her hand looked at.

After 5 minutes of looking around the city she found the green roof of the human doctor. She always found it funny how they were on opposite sides of the city.

"Um excuse me I need someone to look at my hand." Fary said walking up to the front desk.

The nurse got up and took a look at her hand and wrote something down quickly. "Dear I'll need you to wait here for a doctor." she said walking her to a chair.

Fary nodded and waited for about 10 minutes then was taken back by a doctor. "Well Miss Nitashi based on what I see I can already tell you that I'll need to stitch up your hand and that you may also have some cracked bones. I, however, would like to take a closer look at your hand, take some X-Rays and so on." the doctor said.

After an hour and a half of tests and scans the doctor sewed up her hand and give her some pain meds and some antibiotics. "Take these both once every 6 hours. Once you run out I want you to see a doctor in the next town or so on." he said handing Fary a bag with the meds and some bandages in it.

Fary left the clinic and walked around Vermillion spotting two guys watching her closely.

"Seeing anything or are you just staring at something you can never have?" she asked them not looking very pleased as she held her hand close to her.

Both men looked at Fary for a second and then burst into laughter, and one on the left blurted out "Oh, I'm sorry, are we bothering you?" his accent was heavy, clearly not from the town.

"I'm just not use to my ass and chest being watched as I move is all. I'm not for sale so looking will do you no good I'll have you know. I'm not a piece of meat after all." Fary said clenching her fist some.

"Look, lady, I've seen better. Don't flatter yourself." the one on the right said. He had a different accent, and was holding a bottle of something in his right hand.

"Then why even bother me if you've seen better? Look, I should be going." Fary said starting to walk past them.

Both of them shrugged "Right. We gotta be heading towards the Anne, anyway. Hurry up, Sergei." he started walking, but Sergei walked up to Fary "Look, forget what my idiot brother has to say. I promise we meant no harm. And I'll be more than willing to make it up to you."

"Ok then what do you want? First I'll tell you what I want though, I would like to know your damn names and how do you plan on making it up to me?" she said raising an eyebrow stepping back some not really sure she wanted to know the answer.

"Of course. I am Sergei, and my brother over there is called Russel. Say hello, Russel." Russel merely scoffed and went back to chugging whatever drink he had.

"How can you be brothers Sergei? You sound different. Anyway I'm Fary from Unova." Fary said. "You still didn't tell me how you plan on making it up to me." she said sticking her hand out for a hand shake.

He shook heartily, then responded "We were separated at birth. Nasty legal proceedings and bureaucratic nonsense, all that good stuff." Russel belched, and tried getting Sergei back. "C'mon, we're gonna be late. We'll miss lunch..."

"You still didn't answer my question." Fary said pulling her hand away from him.

"Well what do you want?" he took a couple steps back.

"No idea. Just for my hand to stop hurting and maybe, never mind." she said sighing.

"Awww, what's wrong?" he stepped back to her, seeming concerned.

"Nothing, just some shit is all." Fary said looking over at Russel.

Russel offered her his bottle "Here. Maybe a drink'll help ya out."

"Well I'm not old enough but fuck it." Fary said taking the bottle and downing half of what was left.

Russel whistled "Damn, this lady can down a drink." He laughed, patting her on the back "How about we go get some more?" "Suddenly interested?" Sergei said, smirking. "Well, maybe we can go paarty. She seems like she needs to calm down."

"Yea that sounds like a good idea." Fary said downing the rest of the bottle not even getting drunk yet. "Hey are you both interested in me now?" Fary giggled some kinda buzzed.

"I like a girl who knows how to have a good time." Russel laughed. Sergei elbowed him "Come on. I saw her first..."

"Well you both saw me at the same time." Fary said walking with them. "So what now?"

"There's a bar on the ship we're headin' to. And there's probably some more fancy food on there." Russel said, putting an arm around Fary. "How about you join us for some dinner?"

"So my drinking changed your mind I see." Fary said not noticing the arm around her and let her Zorua jump on her shoulder. "Come here Rogue."

"Oh, you're a trainer?" he said, noticing the Zorua. Russel then answered her question "I'm a lot more interested now that you seem to have calmed down." Sergei then butted in "An Unova Pokemon? Interesting. What brings you to Kanto?"

"I want to start my training were my parents did and I need to breed a Dragonite. Also my ex kinda left me high and dry. Damn Elite Four. I also want to be a gym leader in Black City." she said petting Rogue.

"I know what its like to follow a parent's legacy..." Sergei said, walking ahead. "I'm stopping here to wonder what sort of Pokemon I can catch around these parts." Russel shrugged "I'm just trying to see what I can get here in Kanto. Money. Women. Maybe a decent gig."

"Where are you both from? Hell I came a long way but you might have travled longer then me." she said. "So just here for women and money I see." she said Rogue licking her cheek.

Russel didn't seem hurt by her comment "I came from Hoenn." Sergei turned around, walking backwards "I'm from Unova."

"Where from Unova? Hell I might have been there, in fact I'm sure I have been." Fary said finding her self cuddling into Russel.

"I came from Opelucid City." Sergei turned around again, now leading them towards the docks.

"Yea I've been there a lot." Fary said the pain meds starting to set in. "Awww walk with me Sergei." Fary reached for him.

He walked back towards her, putting his arm around her as well. "You know, in all my time wondering Unova, I've seen a Zorua. You must be very lucky. I imagine he'd make a good opponent for Asura..."

"Rogue is a she and my father breed her for me." Fary said an arm around both of the brother's waists giggling and smiling.

"You're father's also a breeder? Small world." Sergei said. "Jeez, man, how much longer until we reach the fucking ship?" Russel whined. "Calm down, man. I can see it up ahead. So anyway, Ms. Fary, how have you been enjoying Kanto?"

"Yea he taught me how to breed. Well so far I beat Brock." she said walking a head of them and turned around smiling.

"We beat the ol' Lieutenant a couple days ago." Russel spoke up, trying to make it sound as big and epic as possible. "I did better." he then quipped. Sergei groaned and shook his head "Anyway, I imagine this journey has been long and troublesome. Perhaps you could use some companionship."

"I've been travailing with a group of trainers so it's not like I'm alone. Also I'm use to battling a current member of the Unova Elite Four so Brock was nothing." Fary said not noticing their advances.

"A member of the Elite Four? Which one?" Sergei was curious now. She didn't look the type to have any association with someone like that.

"The Dark trainer Grimsley, he and I were together for a few years." she said a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Ooooh, an item... for a moment I was afraid you were like his student or something..." he seemed relieved, but didn't notice her tone.

"He broke up with me right before he joined the Elite Four. My knowledge of Pokemon came from him and my parents. All of them are famous in their own right, my dad a breeder, my mother a Coordinator, and my ex as a trainer." she stopped and sighed trying not to cry.

"My father was a former trainer, apparently of some prestige, and then settled down to try breeding. I remember when I turned 13, he gave me an egg to raise. And he gave me another when I left for my own journey. It's tough to live up to legacy..." he pulled her a little closer, trying to comfort her. Russel seemed a little less interested. "C'mon, lady. Let's see a smile. We're at the docks, and the Anne is right in front of us!" he pointed forward and sure enough, the S.S. Anne was in sight.

"Eh fuck it, between my pain meds and some booze I may feel better." Fary said cuddling into Sergei her Zorua running around yipping. "I need to take my mind off the fact that I fucked up with someone by sleeping with Brock. Damn I can't say no sometimes." she said.

Russel tried his best not to laugh again "Well, maybe you and me can head back to my room, and I can help ya unwind." "Russel!" Sergei growled, scowling at him. "Oh, c'mon, we can share..." "RUSSEL!" After that, he seemed to stop. "Spoilsport..."

"Sorry but I'm not looking for sex. Hell I'm jsut looking for a good time and maybe to feel better." Fary said looking at the two brothers. "Nice try though." she said.

Russel gave Fary an exaggerated look of disappointment, but then started stepping forward, taking the lead "I can settle for a good time. C'mon! The ship awaits!"

Fary nodded following him. "Shit I don't have my pass with me Jordan has it." Fary said sighing.

"Relax, we can cover for ya." Russel said, grinning. Sergei asked Fary "So this Jordan... he has a way to contact you, right?"

"I don't think so no. He and I well kinda aren't on speaking terms right now." Fary said looking at her feet.

"Maybe we should wait for him?" he suggested.

"Yea I should. I really need to talk to him and hope I can fix things. Hell maybe if I see you two on the boat we can party. You can call me when ever you want. I have an Xtransceiver." Fary said writing down her number and giving it to both of them.

Sergei wrote down both of their numbers and gave them to her. "If you ever need someone to talk to, I don't really have that much else to do. Just don't call Russel at night. He's cranky. If you ever want a good battle, or you end up on the Anne, give us a shout." he showed her the screen long enough for her to write it down. "Good luck, missy." He said, walking towards his brother.

Fary entered the numbers and waved to them walking off and decided to go train her Pokemon. "let's go Rogue." she said.

"Heh, she was cute..." Russel smirked. "Calm down, brother." Sergei replied, trying to sound commanding. "You gotta lighten up, man. I saw the way you looked at her." Russel started jabbing him with his elbow. "She seems to be troubled, and I wanted to try and help..." "Yeah, that's all it was..."

(Credit for Sergei and Russel goes to Mr. Omega. Thanks for help making the post.)

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
"That TM is going to have to wait until after you help me win the next battle with that kid's buddies since it sounds like it's going to be another double battle," Eileen said to Callum, shrugging at his first question. "How should I know? Maybe they normally only fight other couples, though that's changed now," she replied with a slight smirk, checking where the Rattata had bit Hughes.

"Poor fella, looks pretty painful. If we do battle the kid's friends I'll keep you out of it," Eileen told her Pokemon, hearing him whine at that, "Okay you can battle one more Pokemon, after that though I'll use Ari." That seemed to make the Growlithe whine more before she told him to shush and stop complaining or Ari would be the only battler for the next match. Hughes stayed silent after that, laying down in the sun next to his Trainer while they waited for the kid to come back.

"Another battle wasn't part of the deal. That means we have to renegotiate. What else do you have to offer me in exchange for my help in this next battle?" Callum asked Eileen as he removed his bag from his back and placed it on the ground. Next he laid down on the ground; his bag acting as a head rest, and the damp ground from the just finished battle cooled his back.

"Maybe I can teach you how to actually battle instead of just letting your Pokemon do everything. That strategy might work for chumps like those kids, but when the Trainers are more experienced the battles will be much more difficult for you to win like that. I don't see how you managed to even beat Brock," Eileen replied, petting Cleo after her Pokemon returned from another frolic in the forest. No items this time, though she did find a few coins that Eileen let her keep. "I don't really know what else I can give you. I do have some things of value, but I don't plan on giving those up. Maybe I can just owe you another favor?" she asked.

"And yet I still beat him. So maybe there's a method to my madness that you are too proud to see," Callum said as he got up from the ground in order to speak to Eileen face to face. "I'll make you a deal. You owe me another favour, you don't bother me about how I chose to let my Pokémon battle, and you stop getting these cuts. You're going to badly mark your face if keep this up," Callum told Eileen as he grabbed her face and started to rub his thumb below the largest on her face. "You'll need to bandage this one as well."

"The cuts aren't my fault really, they're all hers," Eileen replied after he grabbed a hold of her, gesturing to the Meowth in her lap with her eyes, "Cleo here has been stalking me since I first entered Cerulean, waiting for the chance to get some of my more valuable things. She's the reason for all of these." Cleo seemed to disagree with that statement, jumping off of Eileen's lap in slight anger.

Meowth! Meow-meowth! Cleo said, pointing at the big cut above Eileen's eye.

"Okay I guess you can make a case that this one I caused, but I was being chased in the forest by Cleo before I knew she was simply a little Meowth. It was scary, and I ran into a tree. Thankfully I have many spare glasses in my pack. But all the cuts after that were her fault," Eileen said to Callum, watching as Cleo went to take a nap by the pond, "I'll take care of them when we head back to the Pokemon Center. Most of them aren't too deep, at worst a bandage or two for the big cut. As for your terms, I'll agree to them and keep myself from discussing your battle methods."

"Fine but head back after this battle," Callum said letting go of her face. "Also if this isn't the Claydol calling the Seviper black, you should probably focus on improving your relationships with your Pokémon. It doesn't matter how well you can order your Pokémon to battle, if they'd rather attack you than whom or what you are battling; you are going to be in trouble and get hurt."

"I just barely caught her, of course she's not going to like me just yet. She seemed pretty pleased when I gave her the ultimatum earlier about items and battling. Soon she'll love me just as much as my other two Pokemon," Eileen replied, looking over at the pond that Cleo was sleeping by. It was then that Ricky and two other Trainers came into view, with Ricky leading the others towards where Eileen and Callum were sitting.

"It was that couple over there! They're the ones that ruined my life!" Ricky yelled, pointing his finger in accusation at Eileen and Callum.
"We'll take care of them Ricky, don't you worry. You two..." the other young, male Trainer started, stepping in front of Ricky, "...are going down! Prepare to face defeat from I, Jeff! And my lovely girlfriend here of a whole five months, Isabelle!"
"You're so sweet Jeff. Let's get this over quick so we can go and grab a shake at the diner we like!" Isabelle replied with a giggle, the sheer sappiness of these two new Trainers making Eileen gag.

"So are we going to be responsible for two break ups today?" Callum asked Eileen jokingly, as their new challengers made their approach. "Also we are not a couple so stop calling us that. And don't blame us for the fact that you two could only blame each other for losing. I swear I?" Callum was going to continue but found it easier to just facepalm. "Can we just get this over with so I can get my TM?"

"I suppose we will be. It's certainly been an exciting day so far," Eileen replied after standing up and dusting herself off, telling Hughes that he'll be the starting Pokemon for this battle. "And don't worry about the TM. You'll get it once we win," she added, watching as the couple laughed at them.

"Not even a couple! Do you seriously think we'd believe that? Come on, when we got here you had her face in your hands!" Jeff laughed, wiping a tear away from his face.
"Oh I think it's quite cute Jeff; especially their little threat of breaking us up. Though it won't be cute for much longer," Isabelle replied, taking a Pokeball out of her pocket at the same time Jeff did.

"Go Pidgey!" "Go Spearow!" The two called out, throwing their Pokeballs so that their two bird Pokemon came out flying.

Callum opened his mouth but couldn't form the words to make a counter about holding Eileen's face in his hands. Instead he shut his mouth and pulled a Pokéball out from the bag on his belt. He pressed the button on the ball and tossed it into the air. The red light that emerged from it quickly formed into his Spinarak. "Just do your thing and beat them fast," Callum told his Spinarak as it headed in for battle.

"Hah this battle will be over before we've even warmed up," Isabelle said with another giggle, telling her Pidgey to use Gust on the Spinarak. The Pidgey flew higher into the air and started to flap it's wings at great speeds, a small tornado forming from the gusts and heading towards the Spinarak.

"It certainly will be my dear, and then we ca- SPEAROW! No!" Jeff called out as he watched his Pokemon fall to the ground, a crispy shade of brown. In the short moment he was distracted Eileen had told Hughes to use Ember, hitting the bird Pokemon with a powerful blow knocking it out.

"What was that about this battle being over?" Eileen asked with a laugh of her own, recalling Hughes now that his opponent was defeated and sending out Ari. Ari seemed a little confused by the sudden circumstances, taking a second to realize that this was a battle. "The Bug Pokemon is on your side in this battle," Eileen informed him, the Exeggcute glancing over at the Spinarak. Jeff cursed quietly before sending out his last Pokemon; a Raticate.

The gust sent the Spinarak flying backwards and Isabelle ordered her Pidgey to use a Quick Attack before turning to see what Jeff's cry was about. Shock crossed her face as she watched the hurt Spearow fall. Wasting no time as the Pidgey attacked it, the Spinarak attached a piece of web to it as it was hit. The String Spit Pokémon made good name of its species' name as it covered the Pidgey in a sticky string. The Pidgey came crashing down to the ground and the Spinarak stuck its pincers into the Tiny Bird Pokémon. After Spinarak was done its fill with its leech life attack it finished the Pidgey off with a Poison Sting.

Isabelle had turned back in even more shock as the Spinarak had turned her Pidgey into little more than food. "What's wrong with you and your Pokémon," she asked rhetorically as she returned her Pidgey. Quickly she pulled out another Pokéball and released another Pidgey. "Use Gust and don't get close to that Bug Pokémon," Isabelle commanded her Pidgey.

"Ari use Leech Seed on the Raticate!" Eileen told her Pokemon. The Exeggcute shot out a few glowing seeds from itself at the Raticate. The seeds hit the Pokemon and started to rapidly sprout vines that entangled the Raticate before glowing red and sucking the energy out of the Pokemon.

"No Raticate! Try to break out!" Jeff called out, watching as his Pokemon struggled to get off the ground after falling over.
"Ari use Hypnosis while you have the chance," Eileen said, watching as Ari's eyes proceeded to glow yellow as thin, glowing beams were shot at the struggling Raticate. The foe was hit and slowly stopped fighting the Leech Seed before succumbing to sleep.
"Wake up buddy! Wake up! This isn't the time!" Jeff yelled in anguish, frantically trying to wake up his Pokemon.

The Pidgey was following her owner's words to the "t". The bird was flying around in the sky and sending small tornados at the Spinarak. The Bug Pokémon was struggling as it was constantly being set flying and its attempts to catch hit the Pidgey with its String Shot were always missing. This isn't looking good.

"Ari help out the Spinarak! Use Barrage!" The Exeggcute looked across the battlefield and noticed that the opponent's Pidgey was hurting his ally.

Ex-egg! Ex! Ari cried out, sending out a flurry of small eggs at the flying Pidgey, knocking it down to the ground hard.

"Nice aim Ari, that monocle of yours must help your aim," Eileen replied with slight sarcasm, her Pokemon not understanding and instead thinking she was telling the truth. It stared at the monocle for a few seconds before Eileen told him to pay attention to his opponents. "One has an advantage over both of you, so don't lose focus!"

Spinarak wasn't about to waste any time waiting. It quickly scurried across the field and jumped on top of the Pidgey, hitting it with a Poison Sting attack. That would have been close. Maybe I should switch Spinarak out after this Battle. The Pidgey wasn't out of the battle yet and knocked the Spinarak off it, before trying to take to the air again.

As it tried to ascend it was hit with another Barrage attack, keeping it pinned down to the ground. The assault continued for another minute before the Pidgey was out of the match, causing Isabelle to scream out in frustration.

"This isn't fair Jeff. Help out your Pokemon so that he can help mine out!" she demanded. Poor Jeff was still trying to get his Raticate to wake up, the rat Pokemon out like a light as it's energy was still being drained. "I can't sweetie! I don't even understand how he can be sleeping through this!" Jeff explained to Isabelle, tapping on the ground to see if that would wake it up.

"Just keep trying!" Isabelle replied, returning her second Pidgey before sending out a third one to battle.

Callum pulled out Spinarak's Pokéball and returned it. Reaching into his bag he pulled out the next Pokéball blindly and released it. The Oddish that he had just caught appeared from the red light released from the ball. "Are you alright to battle Oddish? I know you took a lot of damage from my Pineco but are you good to go?" Callum asked his Pokémon. "[color=3311BB]Odd Oddish.[/color]" I'm good to battle. Came the reply as the Oddish stepped out to the field.

Eileen smiled after seeing Callum's latest Pokemon enter the battle, happy to see that even he knew when to return a Pokemon. 'And I thought he only caught bug Pokemon,' Eileen thought, looking at the playing field and deciding it was time to end this. "Ari use Uproar! Be as loud as you can!" The couple across from her looked with confusion at her command, knowing it would wake up Jeff's Raticate.

"Maybe it's just been a fluke so far, or something," Jeff muttered to Isabelle, getting a shrug as a reply. Eileen smiled as Ari started to bounce around and make a bunch of noise, glowing a bright blue color as sound waves started to hit both opponents.

"Ack it's hitting both our Pokemon!" Jeff yelled, watching as his Raticate was hit by the soundwaves. The weakened Raticate had barely woken up before it was hit with the numerous waves, being kept on the ground by the attack. Isabelle's Pidgey was faring slightly better as it flew in the sky and tried to dodge most of the attack.

The Oddish followed Ari's lead and used Acid. A stream of caustic matter emerged from the Oddish as it covered the flying Pidgey, bogging it down. The Radicate had already fainted by the time the sludge hit it and was promptly returned. The Pidgey on the other hand was struggling to fly with the heavy, acidic substance covering it. Flapping its wings was a challenge as its cries were faded out by the Uproar. Oddish took aim at the slowly moving Pidgey and hit it with the red beam from its Absorb attack. The Pidgey slowly fell to the ground as the condition of the Oddish was improving every second. As soon as the Bird hit the ground it was returned by Isabelle.

"That's the end of that. So are you two broken up yet?" Eileen asked jokingly, watching as the couple hugged each other in grief over their loss.

"N-no. We'll work together to make our team stronger. I'm sorry for yelling at you Jeff dear, it was just so stressful to see the battle slipping out of our fingers," Isabelle said, grabbing a tissue from her pocket and wiping her eyes.
"It's okay sweetie. This was a good battle, and our Pokemon will be stronger for it," Jeff replied, giving her a hug as Eileen approached them.

"Can I have my prize money now that I've beaten you two?" she asked, looking over at Ricky who looked downtrodden at the loss his friends received.

"Yes. Here you go. You have strong Pokemon, and I'm sure the bond you have with them and your boyfriend over there will only strengthen with time," Jeff said wisely, handing over some money to Eileen.

"Cool. Thanks for the battle. Hope you guys do well," she replied in a chipper mood now that the battle was over, watching the couple and Ricky make their way back to Vermillion. "That went well," she told Callum, putting her money away after counting it and taking out the TM disc. "And this is yours for helping me out with the battles. Thanks too, I know I can be a little demanding at times. Now, are we ready to head back? I think our Pokemon need some healing, and I need to get ready for the party. Not going to wear torn, worn-out, dingy clothes to something like an anniversary party," Eileen said with a laugh after handing over the TM, returning Ari to his Pokeball and calling Cleo over so they could head back.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Cool," Jordan answered. Looking quickl;y around the area, it seemed like everyone was off doing their own thing in the city. "All right then, I guess we can like, go now."

It wasn't a long walk to get oceanside. Jordan had an almost sixth sense for the salt water, and being away from it for a week, he missed it dearly. As they came up to the wharf ahead, Jordan gazed out onto the shimmering sea. "Man I miss this," he said as the two of them were walking. "Just like even being here, like close enough to the beach. It just like, reminds me of home, you know? And like, what I had there. Deep stuff."

As they continued on the path next to the shore, a small hut offered an entising advertisement. "This week, try out the old-fashioned approach to fishing! Free Old Rods for anyone to use while on the Vermillion shore!"

"That doesn't look too bad," Jordan commented. "Like, we could do that for a little bit, if you want. Like just take a breaking from the walking and stuff. What do you think Rochelle?"

Magikarp
Tentacool
Poliwag
Krabby

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika headed over to the pharmacy, checking in with the staff there and wondering if he could get his prescription filled... they said it would take at least a day for them to get the medication in stock, and Mika gave them his phone-number so that they could call him when it's ready. Once he was done with that, he went outside and went next door to the Pokemart... where he saw Aeris standing nearby.

"Aeris!" He called to the girl, approaching her and smiling, looking at her and seeing that she looked a little pensive. "Mm, how's your day going so far, Aeris... get everything you need?"

He stretched and looked out at the ocean, smiling softly and looking towards the beach. "Hey, I need to buy some things... but, do you want to go somewhere after I'm done?"

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Rochelle more or less understood what Jordan meant, but he had clearly spent a lot more time near, or in, the sea at Fuchsia than she had back in Goldenrod. Just walking beside the water he looked the part of someone who practically spent every waking moment at a beach. In a brief silence that fell after Jordan finished speaking, Rochelle briefly wondered about one of the cities in Kanto... Cinnabar Island. Did Vermilion offer a ferry to the island, or would people who wished to visit have to find some other form of travel?

Since there was a Gym on the island, travelling by water one way or another was inevitable. Aeris was not going to enjoy that, Rochelle knew. Her hydrophobia would put her off the idea of even going near the water.

As Jordan and Rochelle walked side by side, Kirsten followed from the water. The little Water-type was enjoying herself after being away from H[sub]2[/sub]O for so long, occasionally diving below when she took an interest in something she'd seen. Rochelle assumed these to be Pokémon, but Kirsten had no interest in battling at this time. She was interested in socialising, meeting new Pokémon and seeing what they were up to. She began to tease a Magikarp by darting around it and poking it with her tail: the fish Pokémon did nothing to retaliate, instead just giving her a look.

Rochelle let Kirsten do as she pleased: she knew that the Horsea would come back to her when told. Jordan's mention of fishing brought the female Trainer's attention back to solid ground, and Rochelle looked over at the hut. It seemed a little odd that the advertisement would describe the fishing rods as being 'old'... perhaps it was part of the marketing. Nonetheless, fishing would most likely add a few pages to her Pokédex, if Pokémon took the bait. "Sure, why not. Might as well try it while we're here," she said as the two headed over to the fishing hut.

Rochelle collected a fishing rod from the rack... it really was old. Or at least it had been used a lot. The handles were worn down from use. Still, it was functional, and that was what mattered. After hearing out the guy behind the counter, who gave her some advice about fishing and the right way to cast, she took her acquisition down to the water's edge. There a familiar Horsea jumped out onto the land and bounced over to investigate, looking up at the fishing rod. "Horsea?"

"Kirsten, I need you to stay out of the water for a while, okay? Or at least stay where I can see you," Rochelle said to the little creature, who cocked her head, a little confused. "This is dangerous for Water Pokémon like you, little one. I don't want you getting hurt by it," she explained. "You can watch if you want, and there might be a battle in it for you." As Kirsten bounced back into the water to observe the proceedings, Rochelle stood up, placing her pack down beside her, and recalled the words of the man back at the hut, who had introduced himself as the 'Fishing Guru'.

"Okay, so you flick the switch on the rod here before you cast. That allows the line to play out. You're right-handed? Alright. Bring the rod over your right shoulder, then once you're ready and you're sure there's nothing that could get caught on the lure, you quickly whip it over your shoulder like so. Stop it when your right hand ends up out in front of and just below your jaw.

"A fast enough motion can send the lure flying a good length, and you'll often find the best catches farther out to sea. Keep one finger rested on the line: that'll tell you when something's pulling at the lure. The line often twitches a little with the movements of the water, but you soon learn to tell when a Pokémon's taken interest."

Rochelle tried her best to imitate the Guru's demonstration. Rod over the shoulder, check. Line release switch, check... in one swift movement she swung the rod back out in front of her, and watched the lure sail through the air. That was surprising, getting it right the first time. She doubted she'd manage that again without a bit more practice. So now all she had to do was wait for something to fall for it.

It took about ten minutes, during which time there were a large number of false alarms, but eventually something yanked hard on Rochelle's line, and it didn't let up. Rochelle could tell that a Pokémon was on the hook, and she began to reel it in. Half a minute later a round blue-and-white creature with a flat tail broke the water close to the edge. The Pokémon had a black spiral on its front. It let go of the lure, dropping to the ground with narrowed eyes. "Wag! Poli! Wag!" it called out, annoyed by the trick of the fishing lure. It probably thought it had found a tasty morsel of food.

Rochelle immediately pulled out her Pokédex and scanned the Water-type:

Code:
Poliwag. Tadpole Pokémon.
Height: 2'00" / 0.6 m. Weight: 27.3 lbs. / 12.4 kg.
[color=#3399FF]Type: Water[/color]

Description: Its skin is so thin, its internal organs are visible. It has slight trouble walking on its newly grown feet.
The position of Water-type on Rochelle's team was already taken: Kirsten saw to that. She bounced in front of Rochelle to defend her from attack, but Rochelle had other ideas. "Kirsten, no. Let Iskra handle this one," she said as she set her fishing rod down and released the Electric-type from his Poké Ball. The Flaaffy immediately turned to the unfamiliar Pokémon and released a ThunderShock in its direction. The Poliwag hopped out of the way of the attack, and promptly spat a few bubbles towards Iskra, eyes still narrowed in anger.

Iskra shrugged off the bubbles popping against his skin, looking to Rochelle for guidance. "Give it another ThunderShock, buddy," she urged, and he complied, hitting the Poliwag straight in the middle of its black spiral. The Tadpole Pokémon squealed as it flailed about under the effects of the lightning bolt, accidentally rolling into the water as it did so. When it realised where it was, it stuck a small pink tongue out at Rochelle and swam off.

"How rude," Rochelle commented, eyebrows raised, as she watched the Poliwag go for a few seconds before looking over at Jordan to see how he was doing. With any luck he had fished up less hostile catches.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Aeris hugged Mika when he came to her, glad to see him. "I've bought all I needed for now. Yeah, we can do something after you're done shopping. I was thinking of maybe doing some more training with my Pokemon. Blaze has become a fairly good powerhouse by now, so the others might want to train a bit as well."

It was true, Blaze was her strongest team member. She'd need to give the others a bit more training before she'd be confident enough to take on the next gym leader. Even though she might end up using Blaze because of how powerful she was right now.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika nodded and smiled, telling Aeris that.. "I'll be right back in a few minutes." And then going to buy some supplies.

He picked up a few basic things: Pokemon food, Potions and Super Potions, some more Pokeballs, and a couple of Great Balls, and a few status healers(3 Antidotes, 3 Paralyze Heal, and 2 Awakenings) for his pack. Once that was all said and done, he went back out to Aeris, the sweet girl who was willing to date him, and grabbed her hand. "Let's go, then."

He started walking with her... not sure where, as neither of them was really leading at the moment. "So, where do you want to go train? There's a big grassy area East of the City. We can try there, and then there's Diglett's Cave, which is full of Ground Type Pokemon that'll be useful against Lt. Surge. Or... maybe I could battle against you, if you want?"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Aeris held Mika's hand gently, smiling. "I don't think I want to go too far away from the others, and I'm not sure how powerful the Digletts are in the Diglett Cave, so maybe we should just head back for now. We wouldn't want to be too far away when the party starts." As much as I'm not looking forward spending time on a giant ship.

They both walked back to the route where they had entered Vermilion, and met Eileen and Callum on the way. "Hi there." Aeris said and waved towards them with her free hand. Blaze was out of her Pokeball, as usual, and walking alongside Aeris. "Were you two training on that route just earlier?" she asked them.

socialtangent

May 23, 2009
When Tyler arrived in Vermillion with the others, he took the opportunity to eat some lunch at the Pokemon Center while the staff attended to his Pokemon. Geist and Tank hadn't been roughed up too badly, but it didn't hurt to make sure they were okay. He had just finished a pre-made turkey sandwich with a side of chips and milk when Nurse Joy called his name.

"Tyler Page? Your Pokemon are ready."

Throwing out his trash, Tyler exited the cafeteria and approached the counter, where the Nurse held a tray containing his three Pokeballs. She offered a friendly smile as the trainer took the devices and placed them into their correct places on his belt.

"Thank you," he said before exiting the Center. Since there was some downtime before the party on the S.S. Anne, Tyler thought he might as well challenge some other trainers to pass the time. A battle with Lt. Surge was over the horizon, so a little more battle experience couldn't hurt. As he headed north towards Route 6, he noticed Callum, Eileen, Mika, and Aeris not too far ahead.

He offered a greeting to the group.

"What're you guys doing to kill time until later?" he asked.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Alan had continued to follow the group but had split off quickly to feed his pokemon as well as himself once they had entered Vermillion. So far he didn't have much, and he realized he should probably get around to getting to know the rest of the group. It seemed he would be travelling with them for a while, he had though about it before but it had become clear now that he and Eileen would be joining the group.

Once they'd all finished eating Alan had the pokemon go back into their balls and he left to rejoin Eileen. He knew where she would be, at the entrance of one of the routes leading out of the city to find a battle. Once he got close he saw the group that had gathered. He walked up to them calmly with pen and paper in hand.

"Hope nobody minds my tagging along for this. Figure it is about time I actually got to know you all in a bit more depth, except for Eileen of course."

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Callum returned his Oddish to its Pokéball. ?Thanks for the good work. I know you?ll be a welcome part of my team,? Callum said to the Pokéball while Eileen collected her winnings. After putting the Pokéball away; Callum picked up his pack from the ground and put it on, before turning back to listen to Eileen as she spoke.

?What party?? Callum asked out of intrigue while they were walking back, after he took the TM. He didn?t get an answer before one of the people he saw before with Eileen?s group showed up with visibly younger boy. I think that girl introduced herself during that craziness, but I can?t remember her name.

Not wanting that fact to be obvious he simply waved back in a short simple manner. Her question that quickly followed was easy to answer. ?I was out searching for some Pokémon, before Eileen dragged me into helping her battle some couples,? Callum replied with a slight shrug. Before he could make ask a question back, Tyler had shown up as well and asked a question of his own.

?No idea right now really. Eileen and myself were just heading to the Pokémon to get our Pokémon healed,? Callum managed to get out before a fourth person showed up.

?Ummm. You can tag along if you want but Eileen and I were just heading back to the Pokémon Center. We just finished up battling a few trainers on the route and our Pokémon need some healing. Oh yeah I?m Callum by the way,? Callum replied a bit nervously. So many people showing up in such a short period of time was starting to overwhelm him. It feels like these people are swarming me for some reason.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
"Damn guess I took too long then. Oh well, if I need to I can always write about the journey here if nothing comes up soon. Name's Alan by the way, and in case you wondered I'm a reporter assigned to Eileen." Alan said as he held his hand out for him to shake.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
"The party, you know? The one all of us are going to tonight on the S.S. Anne," Eileen told Callum, gesturing at the sudden onslaught of people as being part of the 'us'. It was somewhat funny to her how everyone seemed to be joining them at Route 6 after they were just about to head back into the city.

She gave a quick greeting to everyone before answering a couple of the questions, "I think Callum and I cleared out all of the Trainers here; most were just some school kids and such. Nothing too hard, and it passed a little bit of time before the party. I'll probably just get myself ready for the party early once I get my Pokemon healed. Not much else to do around here other than more training, but there will be time for that tonight on the ship."

"Sorry for not finding and inviting you Alan. You missed some pretty cool double battles," she said to Alan after he joined up with the small group.

Cleo seemed to be eying the backpacks everyone was carrying, as if she was plotting out a way to get stuff out of them without the owners noticing. The quick nudge her Trainer gave her as a way to tell her to stop was met with a few Scratch attacks to the leg before Cleo ran off towards the city. "Drat!" Eileen said, holding her leg with one hand and Cleo's Pokeball in the other as she returned the feisty Pokemon, "More training needs to be done with her. Are the rest of you just going to just train until it's time for the party?"

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Mika nodded as the newest members of their party arrived where they were. He nodded softly, going up and offering his hand to Callum. "Nice to meet you guys. I'm Mika." The blond-headed kid said softspokenly to the new Trainers, and Tyler.

"I dunno... I don't really have much to do until later." Mika responded to Tyler's question, putting down his bags and starting to unload them into the various pockets of his backpack. He paid attention to the conversation as it went on, stuffing the empty plastic sacks into the front pocket to recycle later. "I was kind of hoping to get a little training done before the party... but then again, I think that my Pokemon deserve a nice rest beforehand, too."

When Alan commented about being a reporter assigned to Eileen, he looked at the man curiously. "Oh, you're doing a story on Eileen? What about her, specifically?" He asked, interested in why she'd attracted the attention of a news agency.

Upon seeing Eileen's Pokemon scratch her leg something fierce, he winced and looked over at her. "Your leg gonna be okay? It's not bleeding, is it?"

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
"Don't worry about it Eileen, I figure I can always catch a bit more before we leave and if not the SS Anne will prove to be a good opportunity." Alan replied before being asked why he was following Eileen.

"My job and passion has always been stories, especially the good ones. So my assignment was to travel in the field and get stories from all walks of life in the pokemon world. I basically asked Eileen if I could follow her since she is the daughter of professors and wanted to be one herself. She would be the first person wanting to be a pokemon professor I have followed hoping she would be a good story. So far she hasn't disappointed, her fight against Misty was very inventive and made for a good report, as did her fight against Brock. So it wasn't so much that I was directly assigned to her, but at this point I consider her story to be my assignment." Alan replied with a broad smile. He loved talking about his work, and he didn't want to gush too much and get into the stories he had already covered. Many had been fluff pieces but a few had gotten him a little recognition, but he was proud of all of them regardless.

"In fact I'm hoping to add all of you into the story with your permission. I've never actually run into a group this size before, and learning all of what you've all done so far and following what is to come would actually be an opportunity I haven't seen before."

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"I was thinking of doing some training around here before the party. My Pokemon could do with some extra training, especially Felina, Sonya and Xal. If I will train Sonya, that is." Aeris answered Tyler's and Eileen's question. "Don't want to exhaust them, so I'll probably try to give them a rest before the party starts."

Aeris could tell that scratch might not have felt pleasant. "Damn. Yeah, I can understand that she needs more training. My Felina is good towards me, but I know I still need to earn her trust and train her more."

Turning towards Alan, she said "Yeah, I don't mind if you add me to the story. You just need to ask if there's anything you want to know. Even though some things might be harder to talk about than others..." She rubbed her arm a bit when she said that, but kept her smile. "But don't worry about that. I should be alright, mostly."

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
Although a bit hesitant, Callum shook both Mika?s and Alan?s hands when they were offered. As Alan began to his explain for why he was covering Eileen, Callum tuned him out and instead focused on the topic that had gotten his own interest. ?No, I don?t know about this party of the S.S. Anne,? Callum replied to Eileen before her Meowth scratched her.

?That looked like it stung. I did tell you that you need to work on your relationships with your Pokémon though. At this rate I?ll have to carry you back to the Pokémon Center,? Callum joked before catching Alan?s words about needing permission. ?You can add me or whatever,? Callum replied, before he spied a little bit of blood trickling from the cuts. That joking probably wasn?t needed.