The Saddest Scenes in Film

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
You and me both. That Evangelion 3 thread is still tormenting me with its spoilers. I want to wait and see the film unspoiled, but that thread is within such easy reach... gah! When is Rebuild 3 going to get a western release? I don't think I can handle waiting much more. The temptation is too much.
You are gonna be surprised when ******* and ********* go ****** and then ****** blows up, and like ******* turns out to be *******, and ***** is like *************, which means everything is really *******, and so ******* starts ****** and other stuff like ******** happens because of *******.

*note* I just made all of that up, dont take it seriously, or try to put in words to try to make something out of it.
I dont think EVA 3 is scheduled for an America release until like the blu-Ray comes out in forever.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? 66 posts and I'M the one that has to point it out? Really guys? That's just sad in itself...

I'm speaking, of course, of the ending to Homeward Bound:
Well, sad as in it's a tear-jerker. :p

Casual Shinji said:
These always get me going...

Ah hell, the whole of The Land Before Time is a one continuous sad scene.
I will agree with this one though. :p

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Spade Lead said:
When Darth Vader dies* at the end of Return of the Jedi, and then he is standing there with Yoda and Obi-Wan, proud of his son.

*I cried every time I saw that for like 10 years. And the first four years I watched the whole trilogy at least ten times a year.
I agree it always makes me tear up the scene before it too when the emperor is killing Luke and you can just see the pain On Vader's face

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
Baldry said:
Dense_Electric said:
Um, bro:

I see your toy story and raise you the first Toy Story
Also honourable mention to the Simpsons and the episode "Bart gets an F" that ending makes me cry like a little *****.
Is it too late for me to enter this game?

Pixar: Breaking childrens' souls over the knee since 1995.
Check and mate.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I saw the first Barefoot Gen film, notably the bomb detonation itself. Yikes.
I found the first one actually quite good, or should I say, quite effective in its cutthroat-ness of the depiction of post-nuke Hiroshima.

The second one was when I started to break out in hives, especially at the end. I won't spoil it, but it's message basically was; "It doesn't matter that your entire city lies in shouldering, irradiated rubble, or that everyone you love died or is dying of cancer. Keep your chin up, smile, and try your hardest at becoming a decent hardworking member of society." That worker bee mentality was fucking ripe with this movie.
That sadly is an incredibly pervasive attitude in their culture. It's easier for Japan to collectively ignore black marks on its history than to admit to them, for fear of shame.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Oh God. I haven't seen those land before time clips since I was a child. Why did I come to this thread :'(

Also I just thought of Pan's Labyrinth. I can't find any of the saddest scenes on youtube, so I'll leave this here instead: