The Safe haven thread: Talk about anything

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Movitz said:
bartholen said:
Der Grosse Snip.
Nope, even Korra Tres couldn't change my opinion. But hey, great to hear at least someone of the Avatar-fans enjoyed it.

Actually, most fans seems to have no issues with Korra. Huh.

Anyway, that marathon sounds like a blast, hope you enjoy it!
Know what the best part is? My friend's never seen a single episode of it, meaning he'll get to discover it all fresh for himself! Oh, the joy!

I'm going to get a PS3 as soon as I move out. My list of games to buy includes at least The Last of Us, the God of War series, the Uncharted series and the Souls series. Got other suggestions? And no FPS games please, I'm too attuned to the mouse and keyboard in that genre.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Not The Bees said:
I got my new glasses in today. I even opened up an entire thread about it because I was so happy about them. I wanted to show them to everyone. XD

I know it's silly, but I just wanted to share my good mood.
That's a helluva head wound to walk away from. I started giggling when I woke up after mine. Not sure why, but I suppose it is occasionally funny to wake up on the floor instead of in your bed, because that's just not right at all.

TheYellowCellPhone said:
(...)But the best part of the Mechromancer is Anarchy. Every time you kill someone or reload when your magazine is empty, you get a single Anarchy point that moderately increases damage while lowering accuracy, and other skills lower the amount of shots you hold in a magazine. Reloading when your magazine still has bullets in it wipes your Anarchy back to zero. Anarchy can stack up 600. That means, so long as you never reload, you have a class that is dedicated to throwing as many inaccurate, high damaging bullets at your target regardless of which weapon you use, and you can still summon Deathtrap. Highly suggest using revolvers, SMGs and ARs dedicated to fast rates of fire.
I was hesitant about using that skill, even though I liked the Mechromancer a lot, but you may have just sold it to me. I guess you get used to the change in playstyle, like frequently running with Tediore weapons. By the way, you ever find that unique Minecraft-themed Tediore shotgun?

I love it. It barbecued everything. >:D

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Gizmo1990 said:
I also just got round to installing Borderlands 2 on my PC. I had it on the PS3 but steam had the GotY edition on sale and now that I have the DLC I cannot choose what character to go for. I have already played the Siren and Zero so any sugestions for who I shold pick next out of the other original 2 and the DLC 2 would be helpfull.
Mechromancer. She is awesome. It's what I play, deeply invested in Ordered Chaos, secondarily in Best Friends Forever and I only use Conference Calls. Only weapon you can hit things with when you have -1000% accuracy. The skill that grants ricochet coupled with shooting everywhere at once and an obscene damage bonus works out in the end. Never aim, it wastes time and you aren't going to hit anyways.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Not The Bees said:
I got my new glasses in today. I even opened up an entire thread about it because I was so happy about them. I wanted to show them to everyone. XD

I know it's silly, but I just wanted to share my good mood.
I'm leaving this here, just for you, because after reading about your latest misadventure, I think you could use a laugh:
Horrifying/Hilarious

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I would also like to recommend a book. I already posted about it in a book thread, but it bears repeating, I feel.

"The Troop" by Nick Cutter is my horror story of the year so far, and I suspect it will go unchallenged. It's somewhere between zombie stuff and contagion stuff, with a dash of conspiracy, but the story itself is pretty damn good, with sympathetic characters, and some not so. And all set in PEI of all places, without having 'Anne of Green Gables', CBC or other Canadian content rammed down your throat.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Beat Touhou 6 last Friday.
1 cc on Normal with Reimu A. 'Bout damn time. I could not have been happier to hear that victory music during the staff roll.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I just found this about a week ago and ************ is this good. It has everything I'd ever want in a piece of music (minus some weak brass parts). It features a solo instrument but the orchestral accompianiment actually... plays interesting parts.

I'm searching all over it and it's... not that popular at all. It's a Liszt piece and not anyone has heard of it (even if you've never heard of Liszt, you've doubtlessly heard his Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2), and it's really hard to find a recording of this specific piece online.

Really, really reminds me of Beethoven's Chorale Fantasia (the piece that later on inspired him to make his Ninth Symphony "Ode to Joy"), if anyone's ever given that a listen.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Oh god, I've just realized that I haven't studied enough for my chemicalphysics test tomorrow.

This is gonna suuuuuuuuck

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Anybody else here watch gravity falls? Its currently my favourite show on television and I can?t wait for the new episode Monday.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Im pretty darn excited for the next few months of gaming. Destiny next week, I've signed up to the Firefly MMO beta, Shadows of Mordor the next month (with the HD remake of Sleeping Dogs), The Crew after that, the new Tomb Raider and Fable in there somewhere hopefully.

Life is good.

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
Twice. Twice this week I've been woken in the night to the sound of tippy-tappy feet of a large spider crawling on my poster by my bed. Gah, I'm not cool with spiders. I think I have to take the poster down, if they're in my room I'd rather not know about them -_-.

Noblemartel

Sep 5, 2009
Alhazred said:
Today I defeated the Four Kings of Dark Souls for the second time. I have to say, it was absolutely pants-wetting, even with Witch Beatrice at my side. Dropping into a pitch-black, featureless void, hearing the "oh shit" chorus music start up and watch this tattered grey spectre come charging out of the darkness at you and knowing that more like him will be on their way...

One of the few things that I thought the sequel did better than Dark Souls were the 'Great Soul' bosses; Nito and Seath are slow and clumsy, and the Bed of Chaos is just terrible in every respect. But I'd say the Four Kings are probably one of the best fights in the game, up there with the Gaping Dragon and Ornstein and Smough.
I agree with you a lot here. I personally disagree with Seath, but that was my own fault for playing an int build that wanted the moonlight greatsword... yeah I died so many times trying to cut that bastards tail.

OT: I've been rereading Worm and catching up with Pact.
For those of you who don't know Worm was a web serial novel that was completed... last year? It's a dark superhero story (I mean dark similar to Powers not Batman. Though I do admit some of the new 52 Batman stuff is messed up) starring a girl with bug controlling superpowers. It gets really complicated and the first arc is only okay but it is sooooooo good.

Pact is a web serial novel written by the same author of worm. For the premise think the Dresden Files but a bit darker and set in Canada. The rest I don't really want to say for spoiler reasons but its really great and it updates 2-3 times a week.

Sorry this became a recommendation thing...

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I'm writing something that will probably never see the light of day. I'm having fun doing it though so I guess that's all that matters.

Edit 2: also also I forgot to mention that if anyone does take me up on my reading suggestions, be warned that Worm will take a lot of time to read as each chapter is pretty long and there are 30 arcs with about 10 chapters per arc. I'm a pretty fast reader and it took me about a month or two. Same goes with Pact, but remember its not finished yet.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
I have been playing Sins Of A Solar Empire : Rebellion . Damn good game , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYZfjIX_5LQ

Its the biggest space game i have ever played . Its Huge !

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
I recently saw the new Godzilla.

That movie would've been pretty awesome if Aaron Taylor-Johnson wasn't the main character.
The main problem for me was the fight between the monsters got interrupted VERY often...
And of course the human was the focus of the movie, not Godzilla...

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Mimic said:
Twice. Twice this week I've been woken in the night to the sound of tippy-tappy feet of a large spider crawling on my poster by my bed. Gah, I'm not cool with spiders. I think I have to take the poster down, if they're in my room I'd rather not know about them -_-.
Did you ever woke up from your sleep cause a roach's antenna scratch little by little your eye?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Not The Bees said:
I recently read Yahtzee's book Jam. I'm thinking of getting Mogworld. I haven't decided yet if I want to or not.

Also, I have been going through a really weird unicorn phase. I'm not sure if it's because I'm about to turn 31, or if it's because I recently suffered a concussion. I hope it's not permanent.
I recently read Mogworld and I will say it now, it is ok....It would be FAR more better if it didn't explained main plot of the story RIGHT IN THE BACK OF THE BOOK! If you have plans to buy it, DON'T read the back of the book. Just don't...
Anyway, the reasons I give it 7-10;
-Protagonist not so likeable.
-A specific annoying as f*ck character.
-Boring settings with the exception of course the "special" places.
-Far many stereotypes for my taste.

However I admit it have a very AWESOME beginning and for that reason I decided to keep reading. A specific character also was WONDERFUL and made me even more to see more scenes with him/her/it [I did that to not spoil the surprise].
Finally the ending was good and satisfying.

I hope I helped.