The Safe haven thread: Talk about anything

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
RaikuFA said:
Trying to get followers on Twitter so I have an excuse to use it.

3 years and 0 followers.
Why do you want to have followers on Twitter?
What do you post mostly?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
giles said:
Someone recommended "Muv-Luv" as the best VN they've ever read but so far it's all about this "moe" bullshit character shouting "baka" all the time. Kinda annoyed with it so time to continue the Prince of Persia series I guess.
I'll give it another shot later, though, because another VN I read, CROSS?CHANNEL, started of similarly stupid but then turned into this fucking amazing story. Insanity, guilt, mass murder, rape, irreversibility, knowing what's right but being unable to do anything about it and how human connections affect our mental state. All that awesomely crazy shit, but they chose to set it in a high school for some reason.
I suggest you start playing Saya no Uta and Ever 17: The Out of Infinity.
Just trust me on this one.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I think the way I have led my life today has made me sound permanently insincere and I fear it will guarantee my loneliness.

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
There has been a lot on my plate started my internship as a social worker at an alternative high school for drop outs, I got my grad school classes going and my part time job has given more hours than they usually do.

Yet I still manage to make time so I can play Destiny all day with no distraction.
#getonmylevel

giles

Feb 1, 2009
SweetShark said:
I've heard good things about Saya no Uta and I wanted to give it a shot but the prospect of anime gore doesn't really entice me, so I've set it aside for now.
I don't mind film gore that's played for laughs, but I know that some anime... revels in it for no reason.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
giles said:
SweetShark said:
I've heard good things about Saya no Uta and I wanted to give it a shot but the prospect of anime gore doesn't really entice me, so I've set it aside for now.
I don't mind film gore that's played for laughs, but I know that some anime... revels in it for no reason.
I think there is an option which you can cover the gore. However, this is the least thing you will be worry about.
And of course I am not joking about it. The game will break you.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Me55enger said:
I think the way I have led my life today has made me sound permanently insincere and I fear it will guarantee my loneliness.
Did you reject some specific people to go out so you can to something private?
You are not alone on this if this is the case. If not, sorry for being wrong.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Anyway, about me:
I just started reading in Greek the book "Everything is Eventual" by Stephen King. A collection short stories.
I just discovered a short story base his Black Tower series. It is so awesome like the short story I read?
Also can you suggest a book with short stories like this one?

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
SweetShark said:
Me55enger said:
No, the problem I have is a little more. established...

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
I want to be an author. I've attempted suicide twice. First when I was in year 5, the second a few years ago. In college I decided I didn't want to die. I identify as Asexual, and am currency in a sexual relationship. I really like the movie Heaven's Gate.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
bobleponge said:
I finally played and finished Dishonored. Took me about a week, I couldn't put it down.
Really? I can't bring myself to play it. It's so... meh? The feeling being punished with the bad ending for killing those annoying guards really makes me reload sections again and again until I get it right which just totally ruins the flow.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
SweetShark said:
RaikuFA said:
Trying to get followers on Twitter so I have an excuse to use it.

3 years and 0 followers.
Why do you want to have followers on Twitter?
What do you post mostly?
Silly stuff. Random musings. I just want an excuse to use it.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I gotta know, am I the only one playing "Grim Dawn"? It's a kickstarter ARPG from the guys who did "Titan Quest" years ago, and holy crap I am horrendously addicted to it. The combat feels perfect, it's just the right speed (I thought "Torchlight 2" was too fast) and it has this great post-apocalyptic Victorian atmosphere. Plus I was shocked to discover that you actually have to make difficult choices in the game and a lot of the good/evil is just shades of grey.

Anyway, for those who are suckers for ARPGs, highly recommend it.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
For myself I just finished the books in the Bartimaeus Sequence and I loved them, althrough I could have done with less Nathaniel POV chapters. I know you are not ment to like him all that much but next to Bartimaeus, he was just kind of boring.
Don't know if you're aware (I wasn't until recently), but there's a fourth one: The Ring of Solomon.. It's a prequel to the first three, taking place mostly in ancient Jerusalem.

Casual Shinji said:
I recently saw the new Godzilla.

That movie would've been pretty awesome if Aaron Taylor-Johnson wasn't the main character.
Pretty much everything involving the humans after about the first half hour of that movie was a wash. Having established that gunfire is completely useless against the creatures, our little squad of soldiers will lug assault rifles around to fetch the atomic bomb, but fail to bring, say, a multitool to jimmy the mechanism.

Also, having firmly established that said bomb is a megaton-scale weapon, we're to believe a small fishing trawler can get it far enough from San Francisco to make a difference in about five minutes.

...I know, it's the wrong sort of movie to be having these kinds of thoughts. But generally speaking, the monsters were cool, and the humans were a waste of time.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
For the second time this summer, I went to take a bug outside and a bat flew into my head. What is nature trying to tell me?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Me55enger said:
SweetShark said:
Me55enger said:
No, the problem I have is a little more. established...
Then I am sorry for my mistake.
Peace

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Ten Foot Bunny said:
For the second time this summer, I went to take a bug outside and a bat flew into my head. What is nature trying to tell me?
Watch and read all the comics and episodes which Batman fight with Killer Moth.
Maybe there are clues for your meaningful spiritual quest you have.