The Safe haven thread: Talk about anything

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
giles said:
bobleponge said:
I finally played and finished Dishonored. Took me about a week, I couldn't put it down.
Really? I can't bring myself to play it. It's so... meh? The feeling being punished with the bad ending for killing those annoying guards really makes me reload sections again and again until I get it right which just totally ruins the flow.
This is actually true? Bad ending for killing or do you think it is like that?
I have plans to play it with all the DLC as well.

Noblemartel

Sep 5, 2009
SweetShark said:
giles said:
bobleponge said:
I finally played and finished Dishonored. Took me about a week, I couldn't put it down.
Really? I can't bring myself to play it. It's so... meh? The feeling being punished with the bad ending for killing those annoying guards really makes me reload sections again and again until I get it right which just totally ruins the flow.
This is actually true? Bad ending for killing or do you think it is like that?
I have plans to play it with all the DLC as well.
Yeah but it's surprisingly easy to circumvent with sleep darts and alternate roots. Also you can totally kill each target if you want and still get the good ending. I actually feel that it's better to kill lady Boyle, because the alternative is really messed up. If you don't care about spoilers.

You give her to a man that claims to be in love with her and wants to take her to somewhere remote so that she can "learn to love him". Like I said messed up.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Don't let this Thread die guys/girls!!!
This is the most free and fun Thread I post in recently.

Anyway, a new question:

Because there are a lot of short stories of Stephen King around, which book you suggest?
I just read the "Everything is Eventual".

K-lusive

May 15, 2014
Ten Foot Bunny said:
For the second time this summer, I went to take a bug outside and a bat flew into my head. What is nature trying to tell me?
Twice a week (*summer)? What coincidence Perhaps you should kill the bugs without going outside?
Joking, ofcourse. Nature don't tell anyone anything.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
SweetShark said:

Anyway, a new question:

Because there are a lot of short stories of Stephen King around, which book you suggest?
OO HERE! HERE! I HAVE SUGGESTIONS!! Where to begin. Massive Stephen King fan here. I suggest reading "Misery" It's absolutely fantastic. Also his first novel, "Carrie" is brilliant. It's written in such a fantastic way, it is written the way Bram Stoker's Dracula is written. Through diaries, through newspapers, through textbooks. It's amazing the way it's written and I can't praise it enough.

Also another great one, "Christine". I'm just getting through that one myself for the first time and I am loving it. "The Green Mile" is also a good read. "Under the Dome" be warned though, it's a hell of a long book. It's an epic.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
SweetShark said:

Anyway, a new question:

I loved his stories in Just After Sunset. Do recommend, quite highly!

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
I currently read through all 4th edition DnD books, started (now at the 50% point) construction on a killer campaign, planned out a massive game session and rearranged my living room to accommodate it. The thought now occurs to me that I need friends for it. Also it is snowing where I live, I'm about to have another birthday and ate the most delicious salt and pepper chicken wings this weekend.

Capthca thingy-Worth Overdoing...perhaps it is

ZedOmega

Nothing To See Here
Aug 20, 2014
So I've been getting back into catching up on a lot of things I've been putting off.

I've gotten back into Magic Online after barely remembering what my password was (a two-year hiatus will do that), and noticed Classic was renamed Vintage. Apparently I didn't realize it until I noticed my netdecks disappeared, and I was having trouble importing what I had backed up locally. Eventually I just said 'to hell with it' and rebuilt my Vintage decks from scratch. I also had a slight bit of confusion because I thought every one of my Planeswalker format cards disappeared on me; turned out the most recent version of the client hides them by default so they're separate from black/white-bordered cards. Makes sense.

Also, I had a first-hand experience as to why Jace the Mind Sculptor is such a hated card. For that matter, I had a refresher course as to why blue is a wicked, wicked color overall.

I've also gotten back into looking for and playing games I'm thinking of reviewing. Provided nothing happens to derail those plans (if I get a call for one of the apps I've been putting in since June, I'll do a little dance, though), I might have a few pieces to post in the sorta-near future.

Also trying my hand at learning to use a Windows phone. Familiarity could come in handy if I end up back in the tech support gul-- er, field.

CaptainCoxwaggle

Aug 24, 2014
ZedOmega said:
Also, I had a first-hand experience as to why Jace the Mind Sculptor is such a hated card. For that matter, I had a refresher course as to why blue is a wicked, wicked color overall.
There is legitimate reason why Jace the Mind Sculptor is banned in numerous formats, and why everyone dogpiles on the blue player in multiplayer games. Is Magic Online any good, I dabble a fair bit with the physical cards and the Magic games on steam are quite limited.

ZedOmega

Nothing To See Here
Aug 20, 2014
CaptainCoxwaggle said:
ZedOmega said:
There is legitimate reason why Jace the Mind Sculptor is banned in numerous formats, and why everyone dogpiles on the blue player in multiplayer games. Is Magic Online any good, I dabble a fair bit with the physical cards and the Magic games on steam are quite limited.
Ehhh...

I don't wanna say it's bad, per se. I had to make a lot of option tweaks to get my computer to run it, considering I've had it for almost four years, and it's got an issue with memory leaks, but it's still pretty good. Just, ah... don't enter any tournaments.

Plus, one-time $10 price with microtransactions; the digital deck/card prices are the same as real-world prices, but you can cash in a full set for the physical cards, and the digital deck builder toolkits are $5 each, which ain't bad for 125 cards per shot. Lots of premade decks if you stick with trial mode, too. I'd stick with trial mode until you make a decision, honestly.

As far as Jace goes, it kinda got balanced out by the fact that I was running a Myr deck and had enough to try to pull off Warp World. It would've been nice if it didn't get counterspelled, though. Ah, well.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Barbas said:
SweetShark said:

Anyway, a new question:

I loved his stories in Just After Sunset. Do recommend, quite highly!
Thank you for your suggestion.
I will check if it get translated in gkeeks.
Cheers!!!

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Padwolf said:
SweetShark said:

Anyway, a new question:

OO HERE! HERE! I HAVE SUGGESTIONS!! Where to begin. Massive Stephen King fan here. I suggest reading "Misery" It's absolutely fantastic. Also his first novel, "Carrie" is brilliant. It's written in such a fantastic way, it is written the way Bram Stoker's Dracula is written. Through diaries, through newspapers, through textbooks. It's amazing the way it's written and I can't praise it enough.

Also another great one, "Christine". I'm just getting through that one myself for the first time and I am loving it. "The Green Mile" is also a good read. "Under the Dome" be warned though, it's a hell of a long book. It's an epic.
So the books Carrie and Misery are very different from the movies I watched?