The satisfying weapon you've used in a game recently

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Pretty self-explanatory, really.
Share the weapon you've had the most fun with or were most satisfied by in a game.

For me, it would probably be the 1887 from Far Cry 3. This thing made clearing out the village at the end of the drug burning mission easily one of the most satisfying thing's I've done in a game in a long, even surpassing Komodo Dragon hunting with the pump-action grenade launcher. While it's not particularly challenging to use, like the recurve bow, but when every trigger pull feels like it unleashes some sort of divine wrath upon your foes if so much as vaguely look at them, it doesn't really matter.

So, that's me. What about you?

Khinjarsi

Mar 14, 2011
I have to say that my Dragonbone dual-enchanted Bow on Skyrim is great fun to use (archery in general is to be fair).

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
In Borderlands 2 my favourite weapons by far are the Vladof Snipers. I found this great one early on at level 50 that ripped everything to shreds. And it was a blue quality! It outclassed every purple I've found. I only dropped the thing when I found a legendary that was ever so slightly better (Lyuda). Still, the most satisfying would be the Torgue Assault Rifle I got from a Shift Code. That's mainly because the ARs typically suck, and there's a big void in viable mid-range weapons through most of the game. Oh how much better it feels when you have a vaguely normal workhorse weapon to use.

Dec 14, 2009
Burning that weed field with a flamethrower, with this track playing in the background, while Jason is gradually being affected by the fumes and making stoner comments.

Was probably the most satisfying and most fun I've had in a long time :D

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The shotgun in Cold Fear, and by extension every shotgun I've used in every video game. Is the "shotfun" meme licensed yet?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The razor trap thingy in Dishonoured is fun as hell, I love leaving them as an escape route (I suck at staying hidden so far xD).

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Nothing more satisfying than Phaselocking someone then slinging a fully loaded Tediore shotgun in their face, especially when it's an enemy that's a pain in the arse :D

In fact Phaselock is a pretty awesome weapon against enemies that can't be phaselocked. FUCKING THRESHERS! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

*ahem* excuse me <.<

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
The modified gravity gun at the end of Half-life 2. You tear through combine soldiers like they're made of paper. That part was sooo much fun

Also the pot farm burning mission in Far Cry 3. You know the one.

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Man is farcry 3 a great game, hunting sharks with explosive tipped arrows had to be the best for me

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
ICBMs in Defcon. The long arcs and then sudden explosions make it a very satisfying weapon to use.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Satisfying weapon,you ask? So many to choose from...I played Dungeon Keeper 1 recently. Would a level 10 Horned Reaper count? Probably not,eh? If it doesn't,then the most satisfying weapon that I recently used would have to be the main gun on a New Conglomerate Vanguard tank. Damn,that thing makes a GLORIOUS racket.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well I've been playing a lot of Kirby recently, so most of the "weapons" I use involve copy abilities.

My favorite is probably either Sword or Beam. It's REAL close though.

katana-409

Apr 28, 2010
The SCAR and Scarab from Crysis 2, plus the MA5B from Halo: CE and the SAW in Halo 4 <3

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
lRookiel said:
The razor trap thingy in Dishonoured is fun as hell, I love leaving them as an escape route (I suck at staying hidden so far xD).
They're also great for murdering tallboys.

OT: Corvo's sword from Dishonored (yes I want to call it Dishonoured too). Using it to assassinate people or simply to murder everyone in combat. It never gets old.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
My fists in Sleeping Dogs. Seriously, I haven't played a more satisfying beat 'em up since Arkham City.

SirNerd

May 3, 2010
Playing NC on Planetside 2.

In a MAX suit with dual arm mounted automatic HackSaw shotguns. Running around the corner and finding 7 enemy infantry men looking at me all clumped together.

Open fire with both shotguns until I'm out of ammo, all 7 lying on the ground. Good day.

Also the revolver in Metro 2033 is always satisfying, there's enough of a delay between mouse clicking, seeing the cylinder rotate, and the hammer fall before the gun fires that makes me love it so much.

aSmo

Nov 6, 2007
Doom2 - double shotgun, although it's somewhat situationally specific to deathmatch. Nothing quite so satisfying as a side-strafing-twitch-180-while-rounding-a-corner-full-on-pointblank kill. ./reminisce

That and the steerable missile in unreal tournament was pretty amazing on some maps.

ethan22122

Dec 18, 2009
Mowing through Authority with the plasma mini-gun thing you get at the end of Rage felt pretty badass to me, or the upgraded gravity gun you get at the end of Half life 2 felt pretty good to use.

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
The Chainsword in Space Marine. Reminds me of that scene in The Running Man where Arnold chops that guy in half :).

InsaneOne10

Feb 9, 2010
I can say most of the weapons in Chivalry are satisfying but something between the animation and the way ragdolls were reacting made the spear fantastic in the last couple games I played.