The Second Dishonored 2 PC Beta Patch Includes Fixes for a Host of Issues

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Second Dishonored 2 PC Beta Patch Includes Fixes for a Host of Issues

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1362/1362958.jpgThere's a new beta patch for the PC version of Dishonored 2 that aims to address a long list of issues.

There's a second beta patch available for Dishonored 2 on Steam, and it aims to improve the experience for PC gamers. The first patch [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168856-First-Dishonored-2-PC-Update-Available-in-Beta-with-a-Few-Performance-Fixes] focused on three specific issues, but this one comes with a long list of changes.

Highlights from that list include some areas that have been of concern, including fixes for alt-tab bugs, multiple monitor fixes, UI changes, performance tweaks, and more. Here's the highlights of what's included:

General performance and optimization improvements
Auto-detection of the Visual settings was re-worked based on player feedback and observed issues. If still experiencing issues after updating drivers and downloading patch 1.2, advise using the "Restore Settings" option to apply the recommended settings for your hardware.
Max pre-rendered frames is now managed by the game, advise removing any previous manual customizations in graphics driver control panel
Fixes multiple related to game logic
Fixed various issues related to user interface
Fixed various issues related to mouse/KB and gamepad, including:
Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
Fixed various issues related to using alt-tab related bugs
Fixed various issues related to multiple monitors:
Fixed a bug where Resolution Scaling was deactivated when the game ran above 30 FPS
Changed the Resolution Scaling settings to be more clear
Added new settings in the Options menu:
Added a Framerate Limiter so the player can limit framerate fluctuation when playing without V-sync
Added TAA Sharpness option
Added more options to V-Sync settings. NOTE: If you previously disabled V-sync, please check your FPS limiter setting to ensure it is set to your desired limit.
Added Triple Buffering option

You can find the full list of changes and updates, as well as the instructions for how to opt in to get the beta patch, in this post [http://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/650037138913276060] on the Dishonored 2 Steam Community page. As is the case with any beta patch, there's always a chance it could cause issues for you, so proceed at your own risk.

Arkane has been working to improve on the PC performance of Dishonored 2 ever since the game launched, and this patch is their latest effort. If you try this patch out, jump in the forums and let us know how it affects your performance.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Reception on the interwebs seems to be largely positive. I'll probably pick up the game soon now that's in better shape.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
This also appears to coincide with the first patch coming out of beta on steam - I'm currently downloading a 4.5gb patch.

FWIW - I've had zero performance problems since launch, but am happy to see Arkane working on getting the game to perform better for those that have had issues.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'm wondering; Will these performance patches change the system requirements? I can only conclude that the original specs were based off how well the game performed pre-patch(es).