The Second Escapist Community?s Top 100 Games [Voting Closed]

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
[HEADING=1]The Second Escapist Community's Top 100 Games[/HEADING]
[small]Sponsored by Cpt_Oblivious, a non-profit organisation.[/small]​

[hr]
[HEADING=2]Voting is Now Closed - Read the Results here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.294025-The-Second-Escapist-Community-s-Top-100-Games][/HEADING]​
[hr]

Last year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.198540-The-Escapist-Communitys-Top-100-The-Results?page=1], we (well, more I, but you guys helped) tried to make a list of our top 100 favourite games, as a community. Whether they be on the list for nostalgia reasons, current love affairs or just being damned brilliant, it doesn?t matter because we love them.

Now, here?s the skinny. I want every last one of you, yes even you, to post a comment with your top 5 favourite video games ever, for any platform and of any genre. No ordering necessary if you just can?t decide which Mass Effect was better and no explanations needed, though it?d be interesting to see why you choose what you do. Feel free to discuss the games but on the first sign of a flame war we?re shutting down - I know there?s not much of a chance of that, and lost year was (mostly) uneventful, but now you can?t say I didn?t warn you.

I?ll leave the votes open for a week(ish) and will count them next weekend when I should probably be revising for exams. Given the volume of last year?s effort (and the personal priorities of exam season), that may take another week. At that point I will post again, as a separate thread for feedback and as an update here, declaring what we, the Escapist Community, have voted our top 100 video games ever.

However, due to the slight... controversy over the counting of votes, the Orange Box in particular, and subsequent results, here are the rules. Some are simply for my ease of counting. I don?t want to message everyone to find an alternative, so I?ll ignore rule breaking votes.

[HEADING=3]Rules[/HEADING]1. You do not talk about Fight Club

2. Staff and mods are still in the Community and may still vote, despite the unofficial nature of this work.

3. Expansion Packs and DLC are included in a game?s vote. For example: The Sims counts as a vote for all its addons and a vote for an addon counts as a vote for The Sims.

4. You may not vote for a collection of games such as The Orange Box. If it?s not one game, the vote is not counted. If you do want to vote for The Orange Box, vote for Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Portal separately.
Similarly you may not vote for a series of games, such as the Tomb Raider series or "Mass Effect 1 & 2". This will be count only as a point for the original game.
Rule Edit I will count Pokémon games by generation because the two games of each generation are essentially the same.

5. No more than 5 votes per person. Punishment: Whatever you number 6th or have last on your list will not be counted.

6. For each game named by each person, it is given 1 point. You may not give multiple votes to one game.

7. Funny as my Duke Nukem Forever joke was last year (read: not very) people still voted for unreleased games, even some with only a trailer. If the game is in Beta, say so. If not, your vote is not counted. I will even put aside my personal annoyances with Minecraft and allow it.

8. Some voters last year asked me to choose their 5th game. Don?t be lazy. If I pick, then it?s not the community?s choice, is it?

Now, without further ado, I announce this yearly popularity contest... OPEN!

And here?s my vote:
  • Dragon Age 2
    Portal 2
    Mafia 2
    Beyond Good & Evil
    The Curse of Monkey Island

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 4 (PS2)
Legend of Dragoon (PS1)
Odin Sphere (PS2)
Pokemon Crystal (Gold/Silver, GBC)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360)

Digital_Hero

Jan 27, 2010
Demon's Souls.
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Professor Layton and the various adventures.
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Portal

Faust VIII

Mar 31, 2011
legend of zelda: ocarina of time
legend of zelda: majora's mask
borderlands
fable 1
league of legends

Dreamfiller

May 25, 2011
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Assasin's Creed 2
Metroid Prime
Shadow of the Colossus
And finally my favorite Okami

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Portal 2
Jet Set Radio Future
The Adventures of Alundra
Cossacks: European Wars

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Portal 2
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mount & Blade: Warband
Batman Arkham Asylum

I like variety...

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Super Mario Bros. 3

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
Disgaea 2

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations

Medieval 2 Total War

Persona 3 FES (I just want to say that while I did LOVE persona 4, I thought 3 was just a teensy bit better, and the FES expansion was the icing on the top)

Battle Realms

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Half-Life 2(PC)
Planescape: Torment(PC)
Demon's Souls(PS3)
Baldur's Gate 2(PC)
Dragon Age: Origins(PC)

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
Fallout New Vegas
Star Wars Republic Commando
World in Conflict
Rome Total War
Final Fantasy 5

They are my favorites not really for how brilliant I think they are. Just games I can consistently have fun with no matter how many times I play them.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Arma II/Operation Arrowhead (Standalone expansion pack)
Portal 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition (The first Witcher)
Minecraft
Shogun 2: Total War

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Only five? Oh you horrible, horrible person.

- Bioshock
- Half Life 2
- Mass Effect 2
- Portal
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I really wish we could vote for whole series. It would make choosing a lot easier.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Doom
Half-Life
Gran Turismo