The Secret of Scribblenauts

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Dochand said:
Sporky111 said:
I've been waiting for the game that will cause people to concede a bit of respect to nintendo. It gives me a bit of pride in them at a time when I desperately need it.
I don't believe Nintendo has much to do with it, other than being on the DS. It's being made by 5th Cell and published by Warner Bros.
The fact that it is on the DS is important for Nintendo, and like I said: I desperately need the boost in confidence in Nintendo. Don't step on it.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I'm going to make my girlfriend lend me her DS all the time for this. I can't be the only one who's thought "What if I catapulted a shark toward a helicopter?" Soon I will know.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I've never wanted a DS as much as I want one now.

Actually, I've never wanted a DS. But I kind of do now, if only for this game.

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
Hard work and elbow grease. Who'd have thunk it.

But this has to be the secret behind the complexity of the game's engine. Someone put in "sub", for example, and it asked for submarine, submachine gun, or sub sandwich as the possible alternatives. It was truly something neat to see in the various videos around the web.

A game that is both engaging, fun, and possibly also educational for younger players? Nice work, 5th Cell.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Rodger said:
This game wasn't even on my radar yesterday.

Then I stumbled across "post 217".

I hunger for this game now. Also, I hear Maxwell dons a hazmat suit if you have him wield a crowbar...
Actually, yeah, In an E3 demo I saw they gave him a crowbar and he was wearing something orange...I didnt get a good look though. They probably wont have it for copyright reasons though :(

Im going to give einstein a shotgun, a time machine, a switchblade and a spaceship, then send him to go on an epic quest against werewolves and robots, dinosaurs and evil knights, there will also be killer bunnies.

This game is going to be fucking IMBA becuase I can DO that.

Yoshi_egg80

Apr 1, 2009
*curled up in the corner repeating "It must be to good to be true, it must be to good to be true"*

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This is more interesting to me than pretty much any game I've heard of so far. There is honestly no game I am looking forward to more than this. Up yours Natal, screw you Conduit, bite it God of War 3, all I want is Scribblenauts.

If only copyrighted objects weren't being left out, then I'd create a true console war. And of course, as everyone knows, the Commodore 64 would be the victor. It's the only one with any military experience anyway.

EDIT: I'm lying, I want all of those things too.

Lithran

Sep 25, 2008
Looks..odd. But does look fun as well, if just for the novelty of it all. Might just get this myself. Wonder if it's one of those games that takes forever to get bored of....?

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Wait, what happens if you type in Scribblenauts? Does he start playing a DS in the game? And what if he types in Scribblenauts, and the character in his game pulls out a DS too?
Gah! This game hurts my mind!