The Shattered Elden Ring Thread: Tarnished Edition - (Shadow of the Erdtree p. 85)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Shame I don't get on with From Software's output, their stuff always looks like something I would enjoy if I had the time or patience to repeatedly die and restart a level. I will look forward to reading your stories from this game.

However having watched this footage, it seems to me that the story of this game is about going around killing things that are just standing around minding their own business
To be fair, pretty much everything in their previous games also shared the same traits. To expand upon that, the same could be said of a lot of other games too. Does Snake really need to infiltrate bases, jungles, ships, offshore facilities, etc.? Does Link need to ruin a bunch of cute, quirky creatures’ days? Or does Aloy need to be such an anti-machinist?

An ethical, moral motivation could be argued in their cases though, and we can only guess the same can be said for FROM’s latest dark fantasy world.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
Vityavidya posted a video about 0laying the full game behind the scenes and he says that the full game is much harder and a much different experience that the network demo. Mostly because your characters dont start with a bunch of tricks.

The game looks really good. I just hope they didnt spread their ideas too thin by moving away from carefully crafted levels and instead moving to this open world design.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Disclaimer:
Pinned by VaatiVidya
VaatiVidya2 days ago (edited)
I'm sitting here 8 minutes after embargo has lifted, still wondering if I should publish this video! It doesn't seem like I'm spoiling much in the context of places and things that I've seen, but it might still be too much. Unlike the Network Test, which had clear boundaries and was eventually open to a lot of people, this event is not easy to talk about. If you're having any doubts, definitely go dark until release. If you don't mind knowing about new mechanics, and if you don't mind knowing about which items/things have changed places in the Network Test version, then watch on.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

I'll probably be starting as a Wretch or a Vagabond. Vagabond seems like a nice early all-rounder, and I tend to play a quality type class on a first playthrough to let me get a little of every playstyle. Wretch is great as a soul level 1 character since you can immediately start building into a specific build really quickly that you want if you already know what sort of character you'll be most interested in playing.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker