The Shattered Elden Ring Thread: Tarnished Edition - (Shadow of the Erdtree p. 85)

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

TL;DR
- Based on lore written by George RR Martin prior to the game's release.
- 10+ new bosses
- 8 new weapon types
- Boss equal in difficulty to Malenia
- Will contain a Poison Swamp

I am foaming in my mouth right now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

TL;DR
- Based on lore written by George RR Martin prior to the game's release.
- 10+ new bosses
- 8 new weapon types
- Boss equal in difficulty to Malenia
- Will contain a Poison Swamp

I am foaming in my mouth right now.
Ubisoft must be crying really hard right now.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Reactions: FakeSympathy

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I love this dude. How he only has 87K subscribers is beyond me.

That’s an insane amount of dedication. At least it’s more practical than that dude who spent hundreds of hours leveling in the tutorial area of Dark Souls as an experiment or something.

Theory time -
1709264541773.png

Should probably learn about a thing called paragraphs first though.

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

If I don’t get a PS5 Slim by 6/21, I have a level 150 character ready on PC too.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I don't know which is scarier, that the Radahn fight could actually have been this terrifying, or that yet another Elden Ring savant no-hit the fight.

Also this guy again. His finger puns here are pure gold. Whenever Tulok & Mango drop a new Elden Ring video, it's gonna be a good day. Google "fingering in the Lands Between" on your work computer to find out more!

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I don't know which is scarier, that the Radahn fight could actually have been this terrifying, or that yet another Elden Ring savant no-hit the fight.

Also this guy again. His finger puns here are pure gold. Whenever Tulok & Mango drop a new Elden Ring video, it's gonna be a good day. Google "fingering in the Lands Between" on your work computer to find out more!

Thank fuck we didn’t have to fight a lore accurate Radahn. It’s funny how he called in Astel only to firebomb him out of the way too. If FROM could take anything away from this, like one comment said it would be that pulling the camera further back for big bosses can be a big plus.

Speaking of fingering things is it just me or does Tulok kinda look like he could be Ron Jeremy’s kid?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Thank fuck we didn’t have to fight a lore accurate Radahn. It’s funny how he called in Astel only to firebomb him out of the way too. If FROM could take anything away from this, like one comment said it would be that pulling the camera further back for big bosses can be a big plus.
Y'know, I didn't even notice that the camera was further back, but yes; I agree. It's very difficult to appreciate the spectacle of the "larger than life" bosses AND the thrill of the fight at the same time; a further removed camera would definitely help. My only thought would be that with such a focus on i-frames, making the player character “smaller” on screen might make it difficult to read the action in real-time. Still, I’d like to have seen them try that out. I say I beat the Fire Giant, but in reality, I just beat his feet.

Speaking of fingering things is it just me or does Tulok kinda look like he could be Ron Jeremy’s kid?
Haha! Yes, he does! I can’t unsee it now!

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
*sigh*
I kinda want to start a new game as a bandit building an arcane character. And then I stop myself because I remember how frustrating this game is. But then I kinda wanna...

Dammit, I've managed to repair or end every other toxic relationship in my life except for FromSoftware.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
*sigh*
I kinda want to start a new game as a bandit building an arcane character. And then I stop myself because I remember how frustrating this game is. But then I kinda wanna...

Dammit, I've managed to repair or end every other toxic relationship in my life except for FromSoftware.
It is a bit like a toxic relationship, isn’t it? It’s emotionally and mentally abusive, but the sex is amazing!

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
A new series -

Can’t help but wonder how many books Miyazaki’s probably read to draw inspiration from (no pun) and put his own spin on. Basically what gives their brand of storytelling its long legs.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
She's no Vaatividya, and some of the stretches/assumptions/connections she makes piecing together the lore are suspect, but damned if I couldn't listen to Miss Chalice's voice all day. I think if she and Vaati had a baby, it'd be the British Morgan Freeman.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Oh god jesus lord god allah lord god jehovah lord god in heaven help me help me...
For I have started a new game in Elden Ring.

Now... I don't actually intend to get far. My thinking is thus: I have been struggling with action games since this damn thing came out, with movement and dodging and hold attacks and all that stuff. It's turned me off from games that otherwise would have been my jam like Bloodborne Pinocchio. You've seen me ***** about it endlessly. And I don't want to be this way.

So let's assume I'm the problem, not the games. I figured, lemme start a new game as a dodgy-fast character. Let me just "practice," or train, or whatever, to see if I can get less annoyed that this new style of combat.

Yesterday I started a game as a bandit class, figuring that with a dagger I'll be forced to dodge more and try to backstab. While I went through the tutorial I was listening to some build guide to refamiliarize myself with the stats and get a sense of how to progress and immediately the dude was like "don't play bandit class" lol. Or at least neat not of you're already very good which obviously I'm not.
The argument is that the hitbox connect with dagger is so bad- you lock onto an enemy body but you end up swinging at the space between limbs. And, yeah, then I remember how the lock-on and the wild camera angles clashed with each other, it's one of the things that pissed me off about ER!

So I restarted as a warrior class, because yes I do want to lean in as bleed, as lame and common at that is (mostly in my original play-through I was magic).

Off to a great start lol...

I don't see myself even making it to past Renalla but I was itching to play something challenging and didn't want to buy a new game right now. *shrug*

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The argument is that the hitbox connect with dagger is so bad- you lock onto an enemy body but you end up swinging at the space between limbs. And, yeah, then I remember how the lock-on and the wild camera angles clashed with each other, it's one of the things that pissed me off about ER!
Not sure if you’re talking about the attacks whiffing but yeah. I’ve had it with claws and the raptors of the mist skill, and it seems to be a big thing with enemies like Erdtree avatars or others with irregular bodies. The only remedy barring using a different weapon or a more rangey skill is unlocking and trying a different attack angle. Or jump attacks (still unlocked).

The camera stuff, same deal sort of? Melee at least, treating lock-on as a conditional mechanic vs necessity. Like I’ll go back and forth with it during a fight with the jumping lunatics (those lions with daggers, Maliketh, etc.) or Fallingstar beasts and mostly just leave it off on the lumbering giant ones (dragons, Fire Giant, Elden Beast, etc.).