The Simpsons MAY be cancelled soon

Aiden_the-Joker1

Apr 21, 2010
What makes you think it is ending? It just says that they are having a dispute over salaries which it says have happened three times before. I really do not think that the cast would let this end the Simpsons, they would lose even more than if they stayed.

targren

May 13, 2009
It'll never happen, even if it is about time. That damn show stopped being funny 15 years ago.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
The actors get paid $400,000 per episode?! So much money for such a mediocre product, Christ on a stick, no wonder the American economy is on it's arse if these are the standards.

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
Trezu said:
The search bar is your friend, it helps keep the forum from getting cluttered with repeat threads. There's already a thread about this in the news room, you'll probably get more of a discussion there.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.316320-Fox-Threatens-Simpsons-Cast-Take-Pay-Cut-or-Die

OT: Negotiations about pay does not mean the series is getting canned, fox would be stupid to do that.
Id like to add that Fox is extremely stupid.
That is all.

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
Meh I don't care much, it is not a bad watch but not something I make sure to watch every new episode and it has become hit and miss. It has improved of late but not enough for me to care. Personally i prefer Futurama and South Park.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
The Simpsons isn't going anywhere, I'm sure the actors will be willing to rough it with their 4 million a year.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
Squirrel1328 said:
good, as much as i like the simpsons, it's getting tired, it's reached its end.

Some may crucify me for saying this but it's the same as HIMYM, it's lost it's touch and it's getting less and less funny, as much as i love both shows, they should know when to call it quits and go out with dignity
HIMYM has a natural finish it's been building up to as well. Personally I think it hasn't quite died yet, I'm still finding every episode funny.

It is starting to get a bit "aware" of itself though.

As for the simpsons, I'm glad it's ending, The new episodes are terrible.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
This may be rough of me.. But. Fucking finaly?

I prefer family guy or futurama as of late anyways.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Never liked the show so I'm happy it's possibly gone. It's ghost will probably haunt us all in syndication anyway though.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I still enjoy it, while it may not be on par with it's older episodes, it just seems sooo dumb to hear people ***** and moan it's 'dead', 'it's not funny' and so on. Good for you, you don't like the new series. Congrats. There's reruns of the old episodes, go watch those and shut up. If the show was truely dead, truely an abomination with no humour what-so-ever, the voice actors, Matt Greoning and the fans who watch the show and don't ***** about it not being as good as my Nostalgia Goggles say, would leave and the show would stop being profitable to Fox, but none of that has happened and the show still manages to hold a large enough audience to keep it going all these years.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Ah, the old debate of "When did the Simpsons start to suck"...

I'd say eleventh season (1999). The Mel Gibson Episode was great as was the finale with the fake behind the scenes doc, but still that season had the episode with Neds Wife dying (wich failed to be either touching or funny), the one with Barney sobering up (another attempt to suddenly have plot developments that kind of go nowhere), and the infamous "Saddlesore Galactica", aka "the one with the other horse and the evil jockeys" (rumored to be the writers protest against the cancellation of Futurama, a reaction to bitchy fans complaining about repeating storylines or...well, just a bad episode) that is probably still the worst Simpsons Episode of all time.

While there where enough later Seasons that were much better than that one, the eleventh season was still a very VERY hard drop in Quality of what was until then an almost consistently great show (well, if you want to be precise, some episodes of the tenth season showed signs of fatigue, but i'd still say it was overall still a good season)

But yeah, as you might have guessed, i think that the Simpsons should've been cancelled long ago. I don't blame the voice actors for it, and they should leave the obviously sinking ship since even if they get what they want, it will only get worse from here.

Aug 31, 2009
I have to say I am a massive fan of the Simpsons and I am currently in the process of collecting the DVD box sets (g/f has said she will buy me season 14 for Christmas) but I do think the older episodes were funnier than the new ones but i do still like them. I will personally be sad to see the back of Simpsons though if they do cancel it. As for favorite moment I'm not sure if I have 1, although I do love the Treehouse of horror episodes. If i have to pick 1 it would have to be the Spingfield bi-centennial where Flanders tries out for town crier but homer wants the job so he hi-jacks Neds interview n hears him saying 'get out the crayons and colour me pickled tink' so homer snatches the bell off him and shouts 'YOU SUCK-DIDDLY-UCK FLANDERS'

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Squirrel1328 said:
good, as much as i like the simpsons, it's getting tired, it's reached its end.

Some may crucify me for saying this but it's the same as HIMYM, it's lost it's touch and it's getting less and less funny, as much as i love both shows, they should know when to call it quits and go out with dignity
I think my friend worked out that there can only be one or two more seasons left based on the kids ages but knowing TV shows they'll run it right into the ground and screw everything up.

OP: You just can't beat 'The Shining'. Still makes me laugh everytime.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
To be honest I've never seen an episode released after 2006.

I've seen snippets of episodes and it just seems to have lost...something.

Oh well, it had a good run, but I do believe it's about time it stopped.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I coudn't find my fave clip on youtube... so I'll go with this.
Last good thing was the movie, which actually turned out alright surprisingly. Definitely should stop now...

Zorpheus

Aug 19, 2009
I'd say about time. I watched a recent episode, and it was like.... "Wow, since when did The Simpsons have so many blatant sex jokes?"

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
Favourite moment would be when Principal Skinner tries to explain away the fire in his kitchen by claiming it to be the aurora borealis, and then saying that Chalmers can't go in and look. Whole scene is gold.
(Season 7, episode 21 "22 Short Films about Springfield")

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I am quite saddened by this, but it has gone on a loooong time. It's not as if I will be want for episodes.