The Sims 4 Releasing on September 2nd - Update

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
I just don't get it. They keep making such a big deal out of being able to tweak personality... as if you couldn't do that just fine in previous games. I've yet to see a single notable thing that makes Sims 4 "new". Sims 3 stood out by having the town be a single contiguous area, instead of having long loading screens to go to the store. Sims 4 has... what?

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
JarinArenos said:
I just don't get it. They keep making such a big deal out of being able to tweak personality... as if you couldn't do that just fine in previous games. I've yet to see a single notable thing that makes Sims 4 "new". Sims 3 stood out by having the town be a single contiguous area, instead of having long loading screens to go to the store. Sims 4 has... what?
The attention of the casual gamers?

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
JarinArenos said:
Well I think (or at least hope) the emotions is actually going to make the sims stick to their personalities. Okay so, playing sims 3 I chose a house at random. It was a couple, wife wanted kids, husband didn't and had the "dislikes children" trait. I thought "Oh this could be fun" and quickly got hubby and wifey to woohoo. Soon after wifey was announcing to hubby that she was pregnant and.....nothing. He congratulated her, smiled real big, patted her on the shoulder. Now I don't know about you, but that's not the reaction of a person who doesn't like children and yet is going to have a child.

I liked the personality traits in sims 3, but theres a lot of disconnect between what their personality traits are and what the sim actually does. A lot of times, it seems like the only good the traits were for was to be able to improve skills faster. So I'm hoping that introducing emotions will have that husband having a panic attack, because that would be a proper reaction. It's just something to, hopefully, make the sims a little richer, because in Sims 3 it seems you're working off a base personality that is shared by ALL sims, just minorly tweaked.

I'm not saying you're not right, if that's how you feel. Just wanted to share my perspective on why I'm super excited for the game. And even if I'm not right, it's a new feel to the sims, new experiences, game mechanics, designs...sometimes all you need is a few tweaks on the same old thing to make it interesting again.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'll be frank, I enjoy the Sims and can't wait for the 4th installment but for the time being I've been playing Sims 3 and it has been great for a bit (a bit choppy on frame rate even though I exceed even the recommended specs =/) but ultimately I don't care for the constant info tips and "share this moment" which screams FB, so I also thought of ordering a brand new copy of Sims 2 deluxe seeing as how my original was lost years ago and I wanted to see if they sold any new copies cheap and lo and behold amazon had plenty.

Just installed 2 and hoping to have equal if not a bit more fun than 3 since 2 was my favourite, 4 is looking to improve upon 3 but not by a massive landslide but that's not really all that bad.

Now hopefully EA will accept my Visa debit card by the time 4 comes out and hopefully 4 won't have anything FB related into it >.>.

That's ubisofts realm atm.

I do however wish one day we'd get like a spin off Sims co-op game (not sim city)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I enjoyed the first sims a lot, the second ones were okay, the third ones? meh, too much DLC crap that i can just get via mods in sims 2. lets hope sims 4 turns out better (we all know it wont :( )