The smell of insanity in the morning (An open (joinable) Lovecraftian tale)

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"glad you have shown some wisdom" he then held the lighter to the book, for near five minutes he held the flame to the book before the the lighter itself ran out of fuel, frustrated he through the book to the table. "should have known something that evil would be protected, anyone else got some idea?"

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"glad you have shown some wisdom" he then held the lighter to the book, for near five minutes he held the flame to the book before the the lighter itself ran out of fuel, frustrated he through the book to the table. "should have known something that evil would be protected, anyone else got some idea?"
Hunter lifted his shotgun onto the table "Use this."

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"worth a shot" Leveling the shotgun at the book Jonathen fired two rounds straight into it. as the dust settle he swore silently upon seeing an unmarked book still sitting there. "piss"

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"worth a shot" Leveling the shotgun at the book Jonathen fired two rounds straight into it. as the dust settle he swore silently upon seeing an unmarked book still sitting there. "piss"
Hunter didn't move his eyes from the window. John waved his arms in front of him, attempting to get his attention. Hunter immediately grabbed the double barreled shotgun from the table and reloaded it. "Party's over gents. We have a visitor at the door and I don't want to be a terrible host." The others turned to see what Hunter could be rambling on about. They wished they hadn't.

This is it gents, our first God of the story, hope you like the one I chose for us

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"damn, boys if we i dont make it through this one...its been an honor drinking and smoking with you" moving to the door, he made a motion to kick it down "shall we?"

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"damn, boys if we i dont make it through this one...its been an honor drinking and smoking with you" moving to the door, he made a motion to kick it down "shall we?"
Hunter grabbed the book and kicked down the door. "Well, if that thing won't destroy this book, nothing will. What say we give it a try?" Hunter raised the book and threw it as hard as he could at the creature. The creature stared inquisitively at the parchment. It raised it with a tendrill of ichor and muck. Luther's body spasmed and shrieked; "YOU FOOLS, YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!" The air became a thick cloud of green, burning the senses of the men.

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"hunter, i think that may have been the wrong thing to do....OPEN FIRE!!!!" with that the htree men armed with guns began to rain lead down upon the beast.

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"hunter, i think that may have been the wrong thing to do....OPEN FIRE!!!!" with that the htree men armed with guns began to rain lead down upon the beast.
Gunshots and muzzle flashes light up the night as the men fired. Hunter light a cocktail and threw it at the horror. Nothing was working.

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"this thing isnt really reacting to all this lead hunter, you have any other ideas? if had known we would be fighting a damned demon i would have brought some some grenades and a machine gun. also running low on ammo here!"

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"this thing isnt really reacting to all this lead hunter, you have any other ideas? if had known we would be fighting a damned demon i would have brought some some grenades and a machine gun. also running low on ammo here!"
"Same here. Hang on a second!" A gleam in the corner of the street caught Hunter's attention. He ran over and touched the side of the vehicle. Yep, this was his car. Hunter was about to call to the others when he saw the bridge, the only way out of this goddamn place, collapse and fall into the sea. Hunter grabbed the two stakes as they fell, catching them before they fell to the murky depths. "John, Get out of the way! We have our bomb!" Hunter wedged one stake between the gas pedal and the seat and jammed the other into the stearing wheel. Hunter muttered "this better fucking work" as he turned the car on. The car began on its destructive warpath Hunter flicked his nearly burnt out cigar into the motor. Hunter rolled away from the vehicle as it coughed smoke and found its mark.

Hunter stood up and saw John waving at him, "Whatever you just did, hope you can do a lot more of it!"
Hunter smiled and waved back as he returned to the pub. Luther was sitting at a table across from Arthur with a half drained drink in his hand and ten empty bottles laying around him. Hunter turned to John. "Our escape route is cut, any other ideas about gettin out of this hellhole?"

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
John lit up one more cigarette and then threw the pack to hunter "last one, figure you earned it" after a few minutes of silence he spoke again. "they locked up all my buddys notes and such after the incident, if i had to guess i figure they would still be at wherever the rest of the evidence is being held...maybe he found something about all this...my opinion its worth a check...though breaking into a government building even under these circumstances probably isnt best idea." he then examined his rifle. "also we may want to get more ammo from my apartment on the way."

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
John lit up one more cigarette and then threw the pack to hunter "last one, figure you earned it" after a few minutes of silence he spoke again. "they locked up all my buddys notes and such after the incident, if i had to guess i figure they would still be at wherever the rest of the evidence is being held...maybe he found something about all this...my opinion its worth a check...though breaking into a government building even under these circumstances probably isnt best idea." he then examined his rifle. "also we may want to get more ammo from my apartment on the way."
Hunter lit the cigarette and puffed out a billow of smoke. He turned to John with a smile. "Why would we ever need more ammo?" Hunter kicked the box of bullets over to John. "When a man enters a location expecting to die, he tends to bring his best tools. Found this in the car, caught my attention. This is enough ammo to supply a batalion." Hunter opened the box and pulled out a pistol and a vial containing a strange, bioluminescent fluid. He handed the gun to Arthur and put the vial's rope around his neck. "Now then, let's go run for mayor." Hunter stood up with renewed vigor and lead the way outside.

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
loading the rifle with fresh rounds john smiled. "sounds like a good plan, lead on hunter"
Hunter and tho others arrived at the gates of the asylum at the break of dawn. "An insane home for an insane man. Anyone good at lockpicking?"

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"i wouldn't call it lock-picking" john gestured towards the shotgun in hunters hands. "no expert on lock-picking, but that should work."

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
steampunk42 said:
"i wouldn't call it lock-picking" john gestured towards the shotgun in hunters hands. "no expert on lock-picking, but that should work."
Hunter raised the shotgun and fired, blasting apart the lock and blowing the gates wide open. "Arthur, take point. That dog should be able to sense these bastards long before we do."

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
Arthur stared blankly ahead, refusing to move. "Alright, scratch that, lets get going." Hunter kicked the door open and motioned for the others to follow.

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"why come to the asylum? the man is dead, not mad....one might say he was cured of what ailed him" John slowly surveyed the dark halways of the old building ready for anything that may be lurking beyond the edge of the light cast by his small lighter.

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
"
supagama said:
Arthur stared blankly ahead, refusing to move. "Alright, scratch that, lets get going." Hunter kicked the door open and motioned for the others to follow.
"i'll lead i guess" slowly john lead the men throw the silent halls of the asylum. "oddly quiet for a building full of madmen isnt it? keep your tools ready boys."