The steam summer sale.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Nothing probably since there isn't really anything I want that my laptop can handle. But I may shell out some cash if the Mann Co. store has a sale on keys since it would mean I could pick up a few for cheap on the steam marketplace since I'm trying to get back into TF2 trading after I felt like giving up and began wasting alot of keys/metal.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
There's a couple of games I'd love to get over the summer sale should they pop up. Dishonored and Bioshock: Infinite are the two that come to mind. Perhaps some Borderlands 2 DLC. I'd like the new Dead Island game also....and it's on sale this weekend. How about that? I keep buying games and my backlog keeps getting larger. Hell, I'm about 10 games deep and I just bought 5 more from GoG. Sigh......major case of First World Problems.

IGetNoSlack

Sep 21, 2012
It's coming.....better stock up on them marketable items. well, this is my list at this point

1. Civ 5: BNW
2. TESV: Dragonborn
3. Dishonored
4. Far Cry 3
5. Borderlands 2
6. Papers, Please

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I'm going to try to stick to my wishlist, so I am planning on getting Far Cry 3 as well as Blood Dragon, Assassins Creed 3, Dust, plus some Skyrim DLC. I'm sure other things will assualt my bank account though.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Carnage95 said:
Since I've recently built my new PC with a couple of my best friends, I couldn't wait for the Steam Summer Sale to arrive!

Here's what I'm really looking forward to getting:

1. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
2. Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
4. Sid Meier's Civilization V
5. Portal 2
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition
8. The Sims 3
9. ORION: Dino Horde (looks hilariously fun!)
10. System Shock 2 (will most likely get it at GOG)

Games that I'm still considering are PAYDAY, Krater, the first two Monkey Island special editions and ultimate doom.
System Shock 2 is already on sale at gog, picked it up myself just yesterday for five whole dollars. DX: HR unfortunately isn't although they do have all the other DX games on sale despite missing that one, which is weird, but maybe they don't have the rights to sell the new one?

This is going to be a chance for me to snag some Skyrim DLC on the cheap, maybe Blood Dragon and XCOM: EU and prooobably whatever good indie games I don't already have.

Paul

Aug 21, 2009
Inco said:
Civ 5 Gods and Kings
This is definitely a good buy. You can't appreciate how much polish it adds to the game until you've played with and without it. The DLC was £4.99 on Gamersgate before, so it might hit a similar price-point on the Steam sale. It probably will, actually.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Looking through my wishlist, I suppose I'm hoping for good deals on:
--Bioshock: Infinite [small](So I can finally play it and not have to constantly tell my boyfriend to avoid spoiling it for me)[/small]
--Euro Truck Simulator 2 [small](Don't judge me)[/small]

And I might also pick up:
--Kerbal Space Program
--Rising Storm
--Monaco
--Resident Evil: 6
--Skyrim
--War of the Roses

Above

Oct 3, 2009
I'm in an on-off relationship with steam, some times i love it and spend tonnes on the games, other times i boycott it, i have no idea, but one time i'm in love is when the summer sales come, I must have over 100 games on steam, but i'm hoping to get the DLC's for Skyrim cheaper (i've had them on xbox) , and really i'm hoping for a few RTS' to be put down in price, i think RTS games' are something PC just does better than console, there virtually is no question about it, so i buy a lot of them, i hope they put a few down i haven't played before :)

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Paul said:
Inco said:
Civ 5 Gods and Kings
This is definitely a good buy. You can't appreciate how much polish it adds to the game until you've played with and without it. The DLC was £4.99 on Gamersgate before, so it might hit a similar price-point on the Steam sale. It probably will, actually.
I have been hearing that alot and I Look forward to playing with the upgrades.

I just didn't have the money when all the other sales at other locations do it/missed the sale, though with steam I have a small little fund set aside for this sale as a precaution.

Oh, Also, Vampires: The Masquarade.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
I'm going to maybe get an indie or two that catch my interest, and generally trying to lay low and just ignore the new community updates most of the time.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Eh... there's nothing I want. Here's hoping that the Mann Co store in TF2 goes on sale too. Maybe the new Payday, but I don't have many friends to play it with.

Oh, I don't have Saints Row 2 on Steam, probably that and only that.
No, just no. Saints Row 2 on PC is one of the worst ports of a game to PC ever. There might be patches but... I've never tried them.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
RaikuFA said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Eh... there's nothing I want. Here's hoping that the Mann Co store in TF2 goes on sale too. Maybe the new Payday, but I don't have many friends to play it with.

Oh, I don't have Saints Row 2 on Steam, probably that and only that.
No, just no. Saints Row 2 on PC is one of the worst ports of a game to PC ever. There might be patches but... I've never tried them.
I've heard, but... it's so cheap... how could it lie.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Ive been holding out for bioshock infinite. Heres hoping the summer sale puts it on an amazing price

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
If Tomb Raider hits 75%+ Off, I'll get that. Other than that, I have no money to spare. ;__;

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Most of the games I really want are in early access, so they won't get discounted. Of the stuff outside that, the only thing I'm absolutely wanting is Dust: An Elysian Tail, and if I get anything else it'll probably be on impulse. The feeling, not the service.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Is there any good JRPG's on Steam or some Indie RPGs that are great? Otherwise I really don't know of anything that is out that I really want that isn't a Console/Handheld exclusive.
Well, there's always Recettear, if you don't already have that.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I'll probably get the inevitable "super mega indie pack", even though I'll have most of them through the various pay-what-you want bundles. I like supporting indie devs, it'll fill in the gaps of what I don't have already, and I enjoy giving away games to people, even if they're complete strangers. It's why I started the Steam trading thread. Even that purchase would be a bad idea, as my backlog is very massive and I have a child on the way I'm supposed to be preparing for. But we all know what those prices do to us : )