The Stuff removed / changed / pulled relating to Trump

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
That's not me declining to support your proposal. I just offered an alternative for your consideration. That said, I'm not fully on-board with the government owning all these virtual spaces. Regulation seems preferable to ownership.
Why? Is there some special reason the public square ought to be owned by some rich dweeb?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Haven't checked in for a while, but it seems Houseman is now arguing ToS violate constitutional rights?

Can I ask how old you are Houseman? Because your whole identity feels like you never grew out of the edgy teen phase. The "faxts and logik, so long as I can justify my argument to myself, it tracks" stage.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Haven't checked in for a while, but it seems Houseman is now arguing ToS violate constitutional rights?

Can I ask how old you are Houseman? Because your whole identity feels like you never grew out of the edgy teen phase. The "faxts and logik, so long as I can justify my argument to myself, it tracks" stage.
...oh...oh God. "The ToS violates my rights"? He's....he's back!!!
EW.png

RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
..?

why would you think a thought like this? literally just hire people.
You could just hire people, or, you can just create regulation and enforce it through judges when companies get sued. One is definitely cheaper than the other.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Bullshit.

You have repeatedly said banning people from social media restricts them from being heard, which is an attack on freedom of speech.

People get banned for ToS violations.

If you're going to be a lazy dishonest troll, please remember your words dont vanish after you say them.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
People get banned for ToS violations.
People get banned according to the whims of those that ban them. There is no sort of rule that says that the moderators and admins can't just make up reasons to ban someone on the fly.

If I had a website and I said "no Mexicans allowed", do you think that would be okay? It's according to the ToS, right?

In honor of MLK day, maybe Rosa Parks should have just abided by the bus's terms of service?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
That would be discrimination, which there are laws in place against.

See previous point about lazy dishonest troll.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
In today's exhibit, we have Houseman implying freedom of speech is not protected by law.
Well, given that we have laws to prevent people from being kicked out of stores because they're black, but not to prevent them from being kicked out for expressing certain opinions, it seems that any laws we might have are lacking.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
We have laws to protect people from being discriminated against for inherent features of which they have no control over.

While I can see why being an asshole would be something you want to be protected, it is not.

You are free to be an asshole. However, no one around you is obliged to listen to you, or humour you, and thus you may be asked to leave private establishments.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I like how the argument is always framed as the people who are being censored are always in the wrong, and the people who are doing the censoring are always in the right. It's almost as if people considered the matter objectively and didn't try to preemptively justify the act, they would see the flaw in their argument.

What if a liberal were kicked out of a Republican-run restaurant for the crime of sharing liberal opinions?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Actually the argument is framed by the arguer. If ObsidianJones was arguing that speech was being incorrectly punished in private venues, I'd be inclined to listen to his thoughts, because he's a reasonable person who regularly demonstrates empathy, morals and honesty.

When the presenter of the argument is a dishonest troll who spreads conspiracy theories and is almost incapable of operating in good faith, I'm inclined to think it's less the system is broken, and more impotent rage at society collectively flipping them off.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Actually the argument is framed by the arguer. If ObsidianJones was arguing that speech was being incorrectly punished in private venues, I'd be inclined to listen to his thoughts, because he's a reasonable person who regularly demonstrates empathy, morals and honesty.

When the presenter of the argument is a dishonest troll who spreads conspiracy theories and is almost incapable of operating in good faith, I'm inclined to think it's less the system is broken, and more impotent rage at society collectively flipping them off.
Thank you for admitting that you are incapable of being objective and addressing the argument in good faith

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Please do not insult other users
I feel like you never learned about the boy who cried wolf.

An argument or statement should hold weight under it's own merit, sure. But to ignore that the credibility of the presenter will impact both it's weight and the possible slants within, is downright ignorant and juvenile.

But thanks for showing your understanding of communication is less than that of a child who's understood a fable, in your epic "owning me".
Dumbass.