The Super-Freshness Thread

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Well, it's happened. All political threads have been purged from Off-Topic, and consigned to their own corner of the forums. The balance has been restored, the equilibrium has returned, the darkness has been banished, the metaphor has uh... metaphened.

In honour of this restoring of Off-Topic to its bright former glory, here is a picture of nature just being fresh and all-around lovely. If you like, feel free to add more super fresh nature scenes as you see fit.

[sub]Seriously, you can almost smell that crisp, morning air from this side of the screen...[/sub]​

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
" 'A great Shadow has departed,' said Gandalf, and then he laughed, and the sound was like music, or like water in a parched land; and as he listened the thought came to Sam that he had not heard laughter, the pure sound of merriment, for days upon days without count" - "The Field of Cormallen" p. 277, The Return of the King, J.R.R. Tolkien.

Sep 24, 2008
I don't really mean to be a downer, but it will be sad to fracture from some of you. I was more of a R&P poster than anything else. Maybe the time in off-topic will make me more of an off-topic poster. Time will tell.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Silentpony said:
Wait so where have the political threads gone?
They have been sealed away using dark and powerful magiks. They shall remain hidden, lest their resting spot be disturbed.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Silentpony said:
There is a 'current affairs' forum, but they haven't added the link to the drop down menu so you'll have to follow the link from the announcement thread.

To those who this is a breath of relief, I understand the feel of this space being 'clean' again, but do you not care about what's happening in the world, or do you just do it somewhere else?
I mean shit's real fucked up right now, and all the pop-culture escapist fantasy in the world isn't going to change that. (okay for that matter all the back and forth talking about it on forums probably isn't either)
Please don't take this the wrong way. I just wonder if you genuinely don't care, or you do but you like to keep things separate from your funtimehappyplace.
And to those who can actually maintain and get lost in a funtimehappyplace, I'm genuinely envious. I just can't escape the feel of the constructed world getting more unstable and precarious every day. Please share your mental health secrets.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Squilookle said:
All political threads have been purged from Off-Topic, and consigned to their own corner of the forums.
Not quite, all "current events" have their own forum, including politics. Politics which aren't current events stay here.

If you want to discuss, say, the grievances of the rebels during the American War of Independence, off-topic is still the place to do it. I keep wanting to make that thread.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Thaluikhain said:
Squilookle said:
All political threads have been purged from Off-Topic, and consigned to their own corner of the forums.
Not quite, all "current events" have their own forum, including politics. Politics which aren't current events stay here.

If you want to discuss, say, the grievances of the rebels during the American War of Independence, off-topic is still the place to do it. I keep wanting to make that thread.
In a way that would fall under History- which is totally par for the course in Off-Topic.

Anyway, here's some more fresh:

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Here's is some fitting music to the above images:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWh7Qg8JRvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YmswPJei0g

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Fresh beats are also most welcome. Here's my suggestion for listening while perusing the freshness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh8gMvzPw0

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Kwak said:
Silentpony said:
There is a 'current affairs' forum, but they haven't added the link to the drop down menu so you'll have to follow the link from the announcement thread.

To those who this is a breath of relief, I understand the feel of this space being 'clean' again, but do you not care about what's happening in the world, or do you just do it somewhere else?
It's called Escapist, so...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oct 22, 2011
Kwak said:
For my (mental and physical)health's sake, i try to care about things proportionately to how close into my reach they are. Doesn't always work, of course.
I mean shit's real fucked up right now, and all the pop-culture escapist fantasy in the world isn't going to change that. (okay for that matter all the back and forth talking about it on forums probably isn't either)
Yes, on both of these.
Please don't take this the wrong way. I just wonder if you genuinely don't care, or you do but you like to keep things separate from your funtimehappyplace.
The latter. It's why i thought closing off separate forum was a mistake.
And to those who can actually maintain and get lost in a funtimehappyplace, I'm genuinely envious. I just can't escape the feel of the constructed world getting more unstable and precarious every day. Please share your mental health secrets.
Can't help you here, sorry. In fact, i'm still figuring things out, and was planning to visit a shrink.

Anyway, OT:

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Kwak said:
Silentpony said:

Not to be a dick about it, but 90% of the stuff posted in politics not only doesn't directly effect me, but is totally outside of my sphere of influence. I can't fix the US and that's what most of the threads were about. Can't help the UK and its ugly friend-breakup either so there isn't much use there for me. I follow some of my own countries politics, but the same limitations exist.

At the end of the day you have to make a decision to take stock of what you can do, and what you can't do. I know shits a little fucked right now, but sitting around working my fidgit toy to death isn't going to help anything. I CAN'T fix the big stuff going on in the world today - the problems are too big for an army let alone a small collection of people on a life-supported forum. What I CAN do is make decisions and devote energy to making the village in the city in the country that I live in a little bit better. So when I spend a week doing that and then come to my funtimehappyplace and see argument after argument about problems that me and most others here can do nothing about and have limited stake in, its a little frustrating.

JoJo said:
SOMETHING BIT THAT ISLAND CALL HELP

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Nothing's really changed. It's all in the head. All in your head. Such malleable brains. Lovely delicious neuroplastic brains. Yum yums. Wait, don't go! Why do they always run?