The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"I didn't know time flowed differently there till I got back here, besides, It's not I don't know all that already, while you where busy building your 'ivory tower' I was still fighting in the trenches, remember?! I confronted that evil head on seen time and again how corrupt the system is, experienced first hand just how fickle the people really are. Ether way, those are the words of some one who's been doing this to long, you've become so blinded by what you can't change, you've lost sight of what you can. When was the last time you took the time to just 'be Mina'? Or have you spent this whole time trying to fix the worlds problems."

Mina spat. "You confronted evil head on and lost. No amount of superhuman strength and speed an endurance was going to stop the evils of this world; only a systemic change to give everyone a chance to be a hero while empowering good was going to work. If that's the "ivory tower" you dislike so much, than what's your answer? To hide away in some distant plane learning powerful magic so you can die... again. You say I'm blinded by what I can't change; I say you're too weak to do what is needed to make the real changes needed."

As Mina spoke, she reacted to Karen's onslaught by giving ground where needed but always keeping close to the device. Her barrier held firm against the strange magic Karen had acquired, but even Mina knew her magic was too orderly and too well known by Karen for it to really hold up in the long term. Still, she had a plan and that would do. "Yes I've made sacrifices to build my system... and damned straight one of them was my time to make the world a better place. It's what real heroes do or have you forgotten that in your little paradise?"

Mina kept giving ground. She needed to finish Karen quickly now. Clearly The Crick's secret weapon was already up and ready and who knew when the Specter would arrive. Slipping back one final time to just barely within arms reach of the portal, she dropped the barrier spell allowing Karen to close... and launched an explosion at the base of the portal itself to free it. Grabbing hold of it with her enhanced strength, she pivoted and swung the device at Karen. "If you've forgotten it, you should just go back to your little paradise and let the adults deal with the real problems!"

And with a blast of electrical energy from the suit, she turned the device on.

And that was when her world went fuzzy. God damned crickets. Mina tried to right herself but couldn't quite see straight. She'd enhanced her sense through the suit so the nauseating effect was even more awful. With Karen hopefully dealt with for the moment at least, she drew her wand and gun and began blasting at the Cricks... all 9 of them. "Why won't any of you see!"

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

The Crick only watched in abject horror as Mina somehow hauled the large device and swung it at Karen. The Crick couldn't see what happened to Karen, only that a second later Mina started firing wildly. He saw his mother dodge a couple of shots before seemingly getting hit and spiraling into a pile of rubble. His dad let out a loud screech before a series of blast forced him out of the air.

The Crick had official had enough.

"No!" He yelled as he leapt forward in his heavy armor. He could hear Mina yelling loudly as she fired sporadically.

"Why won't any of you see!"

The Crick came up from behind her in his armor and wrapped his arms around her. His suit's hands then connected and locked together. He leaned in close to Mina Fukao.

"Because the blind aren't exactly good at leading anyone anywhere, Ms.Fukao. Now Dad!"

Mockingjay had landed next to Dash-Hopper, she had been grazed by a shot or two and slammed into rubble. He had gotten singed but had forced himself to stay conscious for her sake. His son's voice brought him back to where he was and what he had to do.

"SPECTER NOW!" He yelled through his "line."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

Frederick was sure that beads of ghost-sweat were somehow running down his face, even though he couldn't actually feel anything like that. What he could feel, however was a draining, exhausting attempt to keep everything under control, his head pounding and whole spectral body burning. Why was it always keeping it from becoming too much that made him so tired? Why was his ability to limit it, to control it, to keep it from overflowing and causing a mess, the thing he struggled with?

And now it's even worse.

It had gotten more powerful since he'd come back to his body all wrong, that was certainly true. His ability to use it when still in his body had grown too, to a frightening degree. However, he just couldn't seem to gain ahold of it like he should, it was more difficult now than it had ever been.

Especially in my body.

He felt his control slip further, the debris making waves as he held his head, keeping his eyes closed to try to just... focus, dammit.

"SPECTER NOW!"

"Oh thank god," he said. "I wish you'd said those words sooner," he opened his eyes, and let his powers run loose, pieces of debris flying up towards the others at a frightening speed. He wondered if this was okay, that the others would be able to move out of the way. Or not, depending on what the goal was.

"Ugh, my head is pounding. Should I stop it before it reaches the roof or...?" he asked aloud, hoping the bird-themed hero would take care of it.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen just barely missed getting hit by what ever was in the middle of the device, but was tagged with the metal ring part of it and was put through a wall, and with out her armor on it knocked cold.

meanwhile, all the electrical on that floor started to sputter or power down, with a few exceptions like Cricks suit. 'What' was happening wouldn't have been hard to figure out. Hovering out side the window, glowing a bright red, was a very pissed off looking Rias, and once Specter had finished his attack she threw 6 'crystals' into the ruined building, all of which reformed into the Knights she'd created earlier.