"The Talk" makes fun of castrated man.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Anyone remember Danny Dyre being sacked from zoo because he sugested harming a woman to some guy?

Here's a link for the full story: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Danny-Dyer-Sacked-From-Zoo-Magazine-After-Agony-Uncle-Advice-Over-Cutting-Exs-Face/Article/201005115627685

Now it'd strike me that that was "just a joke" too yet we an all agree was in bad taste but no worse taste than these women but will they be hearing anything about it let alone fired?

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Daveman said:
What are you guys talking about? They're totally within their rights to joke about it. I mean the exact same thing happened to Sharon Osborne, right?
yeah. its they possibly werent joking. thats the problem.
does anyone have a youtube link to the The Talk segment, i cant view on CBS and i have to see this shit to make a valid opinion.

Tsuki Akechi

Feb 20, 2011
I lost brain cells by watching "The Talk" response to this. Nobody should have this done to them on purpose. This is just awful. I mean seriously, you are not helping.I agree with a before post, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore". *rage quits planet*

TastyCarcass

Jul 27, 2009
Does anyone have a clip of just the offending footage, rather than a commentary? I can imagine trying to show this to people and getting the response of TL:DW. I need to get straight to the point about it

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Man abusing woman = horrible crime
Woman abusing man = comedy

And people wonder why misogyny exists.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
Xiado said:
BRex21 said:
Xiado said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
OK, I realize this is what everyone is saying already, but I'm just going to say it too. It's a good point.

Imagine if a woman filed for a divorce with her husband, and he responded by mutilating her sex organ. Then imagine, that on a TV show consisting of a group of men with a male audience all laughed about it and said "That'll teach her." These men would be looked at as horrible sexist pigs AT BEST and certainly wouldn't be able to keep their show on the air.

Now, what do you think is going to happen to these women? At most, an apology on their next show?

Good FUCK, I hate double-standards.
It's a double standard (and should always remain so) because the penis and vagina symbolize two very different things in the human psyche. The penis is the intruder, the disruptor, and it has been intruded upon and disrupted. It seems ridiculous, so we joke about it. It's like if a little old lady robs a big mugger at knifepoint and someone says "haha, serves him right", and you respond with: "you wouldn't laugh if it was the other way around". No fucking shit, because the other way is the expected and we don't laugh at ordinary horrible things, only unusual horrible things. That's why Tom & Jerry is funny, because mice aren't "supposed" to do horrible things to cats. We wouldn't laugh at a show where the cat just wins every time. You don't hate that double standard, do you?
This is a very sick attitude. Sex shouldnt be about a man intruding and disrupting his woman any more than getting a back rub is being innapropriately groped. Contrary to your belief a man having sex with someone is not a violent rape, consentual sex is at worst two people momentaraly providing each other with physical pleasure and often is a beautiful expression of two peoples love for each other. I also want to ask what is wrong with you if you honestly believe someone "has it coming" if they are robbed by an old woman? are you less of a victim if your mugger is less intimidating? People probably SHOULD point out you wouldnt laugh if it was the other way around. Would it be funny if a man got evicted because he couln't pay his rent after losing his money to someone with a knife?
What you are essentially saying is that because Man=Bad and Woman=Good men simply arent entitled to basic human rights. It is a mentality that allows and even promotes the abuse of people based solely on there gender and makes me ashamed at just how popular it is in our society and across the free world.
No, sex is not about intruding, and not about rape, which you stupidly assume I think, but the fact that the penis normally initiates the sex act implies its dominance. Dominance, not superiority, not evil. Not the man's dominance either, just the dominance of the penis in sex. I also never said that the hypothetical robbed person had it coming, that was the view of a fictional character created by me in a hypothetical scenario. I also never said that woman equals good. i am saying that because woman is seen as the passive, benevolent force that receives violence, it is humorous from an objective standpoint to see its reversal.
Saying that the Penis is an intruder directly means that it is being inserted somewhere it is not wanted. Forcibly inserting your penis into someone who does not want it is rape. So what i get from you is you arent saying sex is rape, its just the penis is domonant and therefore the man isnt raping the woman, the penis is raping the vagina. You cant have this both ways, The penis cant be the intruder and the disruptor EVEN IN YOUR MIND without sex being an intrusion. Also you ACTUALLY USED THE WORDS "serves him right" I was saying anyone who uses those words is sick in the head, you cant just say well i put it in quotes saying "someone" said it and not me, it does not change the point.
What you dont seem to grasp is that what you are doing is laughing that a human being was physically mutilated, an actual human being was mutilated for wanting his freedom, A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT, and you are saying its funny because of his gender. A double standard you support, A double standard that sees men abused psychologically and phisically in the hundreds of thousands in the USA alone, A double standard that has allowed women to murder there husbands and get away with it, A double standard that often wont even define anything a woman does as rape in the eyes of the law, and for this i say you are sick. You are outright saying these things are funny because its happening in fiction. This isnt fiction this is the real world you need to get that through your thick head.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Xiado said:
I was limiting my definition of humor to fit the situation. I never said blackface wasn't humor, quite the contrary. It's humor, but it's not funny because of that history. The castration is funny because it's a reversal of the age-old irrational thought. I never said that males are dominant, but that dominance is suggested by the penis itself.
And apparently only you get to pass judgment on what "humor" counts as "funny" or not, right? You find racism to be a non-funny kind of humor, so it's written off. Oh, but you come up with some pseudo-intellectual reason for why castration is funny, and treat this like an unassailable position.

Here's what we're all reading on the other end of this:

You are saying that this man is seen as a representative of the "dominant male," though none of the information we're given suggests that he demonstrated this in any way. But, as you say, his dominance is suggested by the fact that he has a penis. The only way that "penis" can suggest "dominance" is to believe that males are dominant. But you're saying they only seem dominant because they have the penis.

You're running yourself in some kind of ridiculous chicken-and-egg loop here. Either the penis is seen as a symbol of dominance because of the (incorrect) belief that all men subscribe to a patriarchal view of society -- in which case it's nothing but a ridiculous prejudice touted as self-evident "fact" -- or you need to provide some kind of source this assertion that the penis is inherently about domination. But you can't, because a perception like that can only be subjective.

You still try to ride this idea that what you claim is exactly what other people used to claim about racism. "The fact that they are darker, poorer, and technologically inferior suggests that they are lesser beings, so it's funny to put one on stage singing and dancing like they're 'people' or something." Or any other variation you could think of. The only thing that makes something like that funny is if the viewer believes that original assertion to be correct.

The belief that the penis is a symbol of domination is inherently a prejudicial assessment of the male gender. And that prejudice is the only thing that can make this kind of thing "funny." However, the believe that "all men are guilty until (and after) proven innocent" is wholly irrational, so once you've demonstrated that belief, your entire line of logic can and must be dismissed.

It is based on a false premise, and it is being defended by a train of thought that makes no distinction between true or false premises. Fundamentally flawed.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Just to clear the air here people, feminism is about equality, they however are displaying pure sexism, a common misconception even among women.

Do find the show funny, it's a bit like going to the Zoo when the monkeys flip out and over a banana and you just watch as their stupid monkey brains don't grasp how stupid they are.

Danny Roberts

Jul 10, 2011
it's been a while since I've seen something that has sickened me to my very core. This is beyond words.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Xiado said:
In an ideal world, we could joke and laugh about our differences, but many do not find racist humor funny because it carries the history of hate with it. Humor that relies on a reversal of role, though, could not exist without these prejudices, which are based on generalizations. So this man is being represented by a generalization, because the humor does not exist if it attacks him personally.
Finally. I've been waiting for this tailspin of logic to come back around, as I was sure it would. That gives me another chance to explain this to you:

All you are saying is, "Some people find this funny, based what they see as expected or traditional of men." And all we're saying is, "And that's sick, because that humor is based on a grossly-misinformed prejudice that should be challenged rather than just accepted."

And, once again, it's no different from racism. People find racist humor funny, based on their expectations or views on what is "traditional" in each race. They hold these prejudices, and these prejudices are what fuel the humor. Without the prejudice, there is no humor -- the person must at least implicitly believe the stereotypes in order to find the joke funny.

But, as a society, we didn't just sit there and say, "Well, some people find it funny, so it's humor -- whether you're laughing or not." They said, "This humor is based on prejudice. We should try to correct the unsubstantiated beliefs behind that prejudice, rather than simply accept (and even defend) them."

It didn't have to be "personal" to be wrong. I don't have to believe that a man personally conforms to a stereotype. I simply have to believe that, because of a certain feature (be it sex or race) that he is a representative of the group that stereotype defines. In fact, that makes it worse -- I'm considering him 'one of them' without even having any information about him. It's far more rational to hate someone for what they've personally demonstrated.

The attitudes of the women laughing at this story on The Talk, or the men and women laughing elsewhere are no different from those of unapologetic racists. It's already been demonstrated that your logic applies equally to both sexism and racism, and none of the pseudo-distinctions you've tried to throw out hold up to any amount of scrutiny, so any further attempt to draw some arbitrary distinction between the two is just a waste of everyone's time.

Your statement really just amounts to, "Some people find this funny because they're prejudiced." Be careful, though -- you're dangerously close to saying, "And that's fine, because they're right about men, in general."