The Shattered Elden Ring Thread: Tarnished Edition - (Shadow of the Erdtree p. 85)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had to double check Activision is not publishing Elden RIng after the latest shit came down the pipe about Bobby Kotick. Good, it's BN, not Activsion.
I thought it was already established that Bandai Namco is publishing this one. From Software's last game with Activision was just a one-time thing. I don't blame you with the double check. I'm just glad Platinum Games don't have to deal with them anymore. In their case, it was just some temporary contract work.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I thought it was already established that Bandai Namco is publishing this one. From Software's last game with Activision was just a one-time thing. I don't blame you with the double check. I'm just glad Platinum Games don't have to deal with them anymore. In their case, it was just some temporary contract work.
I thought so but I remembered Sekiro being published by Activision and that made me nervous for a moment because I couldn't remember who was publishing this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Bandai Namco has its own issues but it doesn't seem to be in the A/B shit leagues.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

There is a bear hidding just out of bound from the demo....apparently he can be aggroed and he is brutal.
Missed that one, and kinda glad he’s out of bounds…for now. Guessing he wouldn’t be one of those you could have a stand-off with like in Read Dead either.

Some other interesting creatures, but spoilery-

Explanation:

Pinned by Zullie the Witch
Zullie the Witch 8 hours ago
If you're curious how I was able to get close to the enemies without them attacking me, it's because I was an enemy myself. Elden Ring will support limited cross-platform play, so Meowmaritus summoned me as a red phantom on an Xbox One copy of the Network Test and I went around taking passive pictures of about as much as I could reach.

Keep in mind this is just a small area of the game map. I really liked the land octopus myself. Very squishy and fun to fight, especially getting critical hits in.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Something I thought, but do you think Elden Ring will have a tribute to Kentaro Miura somewhere?

Considering how much of a fan of Berserk Hidetaka Miyazaki is, and how this was expressed in the tone and look of the Souls games, it just seems appropriate.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

Even after six games, the proportions bother me, especially on player characters. Always with the small heads.

When I watched the movie way back I always thought of the goombas as looking really gross, but now that I've seen one without the sheen effect and in nice daylight he's really just kind of cute. Like Barney's cousin from out of town that wants to talk about asking before you hug and how to safely approach a dog you don't know.

Anyway, yes Elden Ring. Very looking forward to it, and according to some crap I just read it's apparently the current most pre-purchased game on Steam. I need a bribe to pre-purchase stuff typically, but I so think this will be a weekend 1 buy for myself. It seems to be shaping up well, and I'm relieved that it was delayed for more polish since I really want this to be a smooth sendoff to the... Soulsverse? Since it feels like a set up to cap off at least this iteration of the series.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
@EvilRoy there are talks that FROM will return to Armored Core after this, and considering Miyazaki himself said this is the culmination of everything they’ve learned to make what he considers his “ideal” game, yeah this would be their cue. I’m looking forward to it too, but also for them to move on to something different.