The Task At Hand

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Probably not even on purpose, just fought one and 49 more arrived spontaneously.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Hoplon said:
Probably not even on purpose, just fought one and 49 more arrived spontaneously.
This could also be said for Far Cry 4 and it's extremely murderous animals. It seemed to be a kind of theme for last month.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Jeremy Dawkins said:
Hoplon said:
This could also be said for Far Cry 4 and it's extremely murderous animals. It seemed to be a kind of theme for last month.
They literally spawn on top of you in DA: I though.

Ladylotus

Nov 1, 2014
Hoplon said:
Jeremy Dawkins said:
Hoplon said:
Really? I've never had that happen before. It's always been just me running across 1-3 bears and that was it. Then again I do basically murder every bear I see so that they don't become an issue later, because they do. Dear god they do.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
50 bears? ***** please I've practically killed every living animal in the Hinterlands.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
It was a preemptive strike. The bears were trained by the enemy and were being saved for a surprise attack, so they had to be neutralized.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Bears are asshole in this game. I fight a bunch of terrors, despair demons and a pride demon, and then a bear randomly appears and starts mauling Varric. It's even worse when you start getting Great Bears.

Shalok

May 28, 2012
I kinda want to name my second playthrough Surrak so I can go round punching all the bears.

I also kind of get this impression with Cullen at the war table, I rarely want to sent him to do missions as I generally feel that Leliana or Josephine will do it better.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Shalok said:
I kinda want to name my second playthrough Surrak so I can go round punching all the bears.

I also kind of get this impression with Cullen at the war table, I rarely want to sent him to do missions as I generally feel that Leliana or Josephine will do it better.
See that bear over there? PUNCHED!!!

Surrak friends only bears. Surrak punch bears. Surrak tragic figure.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Reminds me of the Canadian level in South Park TSoT. Damned them Dire Bears, they gave me Dire AIDS!!!!

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
No joke, bears are absolutely terrifying in this game. And yeah, spawn on top of you. There's this bit in the Hinterlands where I found my first bear next to a rock that you circle 5 times to make an undead spawn and fight you.

So of course during the course of running away from/kiting the monstrous bear I run around the damn rock 5 times, spawning the zombie granddad. Finally beat them with 0 potions left, only Varic alive and 10 minutes spent when, before the fight was even over and combat mode had been left, a new bear just strolled up from where the old one had been.

Fuck. Bears.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Goat is master race. Make Draenei brotherkind proud. Remove bears!

Bears are always such a bloody annoyance in games. They never take the hint and leave you alone.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Ladylotus said:
Hoplon said:
Jeremy Dawkins said:
Hoplon said:
Really? I've never had that happen before. It's always been just me running across 1-3 bears and that was it. Then again I do basically murder every bear I see so that they don't become an issue later, because they do. Dear god they do.
For me it usually happens the most near the forest rift in the Hinterlands, one bear shows up while fighting some outlaws then suddenly another four bears show up out of nowhere.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Now if only the Giants start throwing bears at you instead of rocks!

Thank god for the modding communi- oh wait.