The Third Batman Film in the Nolanverse *SPOILERS*

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
i really hope they do the riddler (possibly played by ben foster?) And he really screws with batman, in the a" scanner darkly, i don't know who i am, everythings fucked up" sort of way.

then they could focus on the Bruce wayne/batman (as two seperate people almost), does he really want to be batman anymore sort of story.
which, if two-face is back could further add to the dual personality thing

if they bring the scarecrow back, that would be even easier.

I would love them to do the penguin as well, as hes one of my alltime favourite villians, would probably be doable.

j_meister

Jul 20, 2008
jim_doki post=18.66757.575667 said:
dude, the next batman villian should be Bane. Batman needs his arse handed to him, and Bane is the only villian that can do that. Bane can out think batman, knows who he is and best him in combat. plus, now that he's in the situation hes in at the end of the movie, the broken bat storyline would work really really well. (the premise, not the actual frame)
Fully agreed. Bats is still too young for Robin to make his first appearance. I would like to see Azrael though. That would be something.

SpySmasher

Feb 14, 2008
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/11/joss-whedon-talks-about-his-batman-movie-that-never-was/

Boy, am I glad they didn't make his vision into a movie. Batman without any members of his rogue gallery? Please.....

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
This is too awesome to not share, just keep in mind... this poster is fake [http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/tdkreturnsfanmadeposter.jpg]. Still, it'd make for an awesome Nolan/Bale Batman flick... with the Riddler (note the question marks) as a Zodiac-Killer type tracking down the Batman.

It's fake, but oh man I wish so much that it'd be real... (and it's awesome work for essentially fanfic.)

Link to the full article. [http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/14/fan-created-dark-knight-sequel-movie-poster/]

-- Steve

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2612613/Cher-to-play-Catwoman-in-next-Batman-film.html

According to this...

Cher will be playing Catwoman as "An older Femme-Fatale in her twilight years" and Johnny Depp will be playing The Riddler. I think this is just speculation though.

maxusy3k

May 17, 2008
Man I hope that's bull. Catwoman as a sex symbol or no, her entire appeal in Batman Returns was that she was living with the same duality as Batman, albeit in a different way. She was a powerful enemy just because she was a kindred spirit.

I can't see somebody like Cher managing to put that into a character, I mean shit, how's she supposed to hold up in a fight against Batman, really?

Depp as the Riddler could be interesting, though I fear that's some typecasting based on his Pirates role. I at least have faith he could manage to pull that off, though.

Nov 28, 2007
Here are some things I learned from interviews with cast members and others:

According to Gary Oldman, Commissioner Gordon may have to hunt down Batman, and he mentioned that the next villain may be The Riddler.

According to Chris Nolan, he is not going to have The Penguin or Robin in the next film.

Kate Beckinsale has expressed interest in being Catwoman.

Both David Tennant and Brian Austin Green have expressed interest in playing The Riddler.

David S. Goyer has ruled out using Catwoman or The Penguin as a future villain, preferring to use villains that have not showed up on screen. (Though how this explains the villains of The Dark Knight...)

Finally, Aaron Eckhart said he would return for the next movie if asked.

Ionait

Aug 18, 2008
I want to see Harley Quinn! After really thinking about it, she's a great choice, especially if the Joker did die in the last movie (which is unknown due to sensitivity issues, already stated by others). She is psychotically loyal and in that way would fill the Joker's shoes semi well. The Joker was terrifying because he was chaos and played so darned well, you believed in that chaos. No reason, no logic, just will to cause chaos. So Harley Quinn would kind of be like that, but with the purpose of killing batman. She wants the chaos Joker wanted but has a purpose that makes her less scary, still psycho. And maybe she wants to do more than just kill batman, she wants to eff him up as much as possible before he gets to die. Scary?

But I also think that wouldn't work for the main plot. I think a conflict with Harley Quinn would be a good sub plot. She'd work as a minor villain in the next movie.

I concur will all those crying, why cat woman? Whhhy? And why Cher and Depp? Maybe they're afraid no one will be able to top Ledger's performance as the Joker, so they're trying to fill the film with flashy stars to distract you from that.

Oh. SPOILER ABOUT THE DARK NIGHT CONTAINED HERE. My guy and I discussed this after the movie. For different purposes, two face could be alive or dead. He could be dead, well, for obvious reasons. Sure looked like he died. But since his death was like a cover up.. Maybe he's alive and nobody wants to spill the beans. They kept emphasizing how Gotham needed Harvey Dent, needed that hero. So maybe he is alive but they're afraid to say he is. They think it is better off, since he turned into crazy Two Face, to leave him dead in the people's eyes. SPOILER ABOUT THE DARK KNIGHT OVER.

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Meado post=18.66757.616847 said:
Xhumed said:
Just to point out to those people saying "oh, Batman fell the same distance and he lived, so Two-Face might be alive..."- a) Batman is wearing BODY ARMOUR designed to lessen the impact from falls (he falls off a much higher building saving Rachel), and b) he hangs on to the beam which kills his momentum before he drops, whereas Harvey is thrown off. I don't really see how Dent could be brought back, seems fairly certain he's dead.
Actually, it's that Batman threw a mob boss down from about the same height, and it only broke his legs.
Errr...no he didn't... the mob boss was dropped from the second storey. Plus it was leg first.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
thebobmaster post=18.66757.663935 said:
David S. Goyer has ruled out using Catwoman or The Penguin as a future villain, preferring to use villains that have not showed up on screen. (Though how this explains the villains of The Dark Knight...)

Finally, Aaron Eckhart said he would return for the next movie if asked.
I wouldn't listen to Goyer,

A) He's a Hack.

B) The Second Movie (Scripted by the Nolan Bro's with only a basic story developed by Chris Nolan and Goyer) was way better than the first one, IMO because Goyer wasn't working on it as heavily. (city destroying super weapons vs. Epic Crime Drama...yeah).

C) Goyer is only doing story work on the next one, so he may not really know what he's talking about. But he's the one who said "Hugo Strange is likely" which is AWESOME!.

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
Trace2010 said:
Obviously, the Joker must come back for the third installment (the dance is not yet done)...and yes, I believe whoever dons the mantle...err, face-paint...and attempts to play him in the third film will be unfairly compared and scrutinized. But to build the plot line with the Joker to the breaking point as the film did and leave him completely unresolved would be the greater crime. Yet everyone castrated Maggie Gyllenhall for taking up the role of Rachael after Katie Holmes, what is going to happen with whoever they get to play Jokes?
They wouldn't bring the Joker back. After Heath died, it would (at least be considered to be) in bad taste. Besides, Katie Holmes was an easy replacement. Her portrayal of Rachel Dawes wasn't central to the characters story momentum. Heath Ledger created a memorable villain that won an academy award. The fact is that it would be a PR nightmare. Neither WB or Nolan would want to wade through that stigmatized swamp land.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
jim_doki said:
dude, the next batman villian should be Bane. Batman needs his arse handed to him, and Bane is the only villian that can do that. Bane can out think batman, knows who he is and best him in combat. plus, now that he's in the situation hes in at the end of the movie, the broken bat storyline would work really really well. (the premise, not the actual frame)
Definatly Bane, only logical decision.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I want to see some genetically altered people wreak some havoc on Gotham, along with my all time favorite villain. MAN-BAT!