The Time had come....to create our OC in the new Sonic Game!!!!

Jan 27, 2011
jademunky said:
I've head nothing but praise for Sonic & Knuckles-
Sonic 3 and Knuckles, actually.

Basically, you could combine Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles, and it would combine the games. You'd do all the Sonic 3 levels, then all the Sonic and Knuckles levels after. It also unlocked Knuckles from the very start of the game for Sonic 3, and allowed you to sacrifice your Chaos Emeralds once you got to the second half of the game to unlock a second set of special stages that gave you an even more powerful super form.

Most compilations have this version in there somewhere.

Sonic and knuckles on its own was good, but when you merged it with Sonic 3, it just got even better. :p

Borderline offensive ethnic stereotypes not good enough for ya?
Honestly, the only time he was anywhere near interesting as a character was Mario RPG, where he was a tiny bit of a glory hound, like the time he almost tried to take on an entire army of sentient arrows with his bare hands and had to be held back by Geno. XD

There's a reason why my favourite character in the mario-verse is Bowser. He's overflowing with character. He's this big giant lovable rogue who just wants some damn respect and never gives up. What's NOT to love?

-

Hawki said:
From what I've seen, Colors/Generations/Lost World have abandoned any attempt at serious story
Considering how bleh Adventure 2 and Shadow's darker stories hold up, I really prefer the less serious plots. He's a cartoony hedgehog who saves the world from a big fat scientist by running at the speed of sound. Why the heck does it need a serious plot? :s

On that note, Lost World has the best Sonic story yet, IMO. While the plot itself is pretty simplistic, there's actual character development on display there (Tails actually wants some recognition for once and just has some fantastic scenes in general, Sonic has to deal with the fact his impulsiveness put the entire world in danger, etc).

Hell, even Knuckles, who shows up for literally one scene shows off some interesting traits we haven't seen in forever (His rival attitude towards sonic, and some goofy comic relief that's not quite his fault. Which is a huge improvement on "I dumb. I smash rocks. HURRRR" which has been his de-facto personality for way too long. :( )

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Sonichu will get even more recognition. And it will give deviantart another outlet for their crappy sonic characters.

Looks like this game will make you millions.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
aegix drakan said:
Considering how bleh Adventure 2 and Shadow's darker stories hold up, I really prefer the less serious plots.
I won't defend Shadow, but the main problem I have in its plot is how its executed. The choose your own path thing is a nice idea in theory, but it really hinders any sense of narrative progression when his morality can swerve so drastically. Adventure 2 however, I think holds up.

aegix drakan said:
He's a cartoony hedgehog who saves the world from a big fat scientist by running at the speed of sound. Why the heck does it need a serious plot? :s
I dunno. Ask the comics (both Archie and STC), SatAM, Sonic X, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Battle, Sonic and the Black Knight, Secret Rings, Sonic Shuffle, etc.

How dark the plots are vary a lot between those examples, but I prefer it when Sonic plots were, if not 'dark,' at least enough to keep me invested. As I said above, Secret Rings is a Sonic game with terrible controls that has a fairly decent story behind it. A fairytale story really, but one with charm and some emotional investment.

aegix drakan said:
On that note, Lost World has the best Sonic story yet, IMO. While the plot itself is pretty simplistic, there's actual character development on display there (Tails actually wants some recognition for once and just has some fantastic scenes in general, Sonic has to deal with the fact his impulsiveness put the entire world in danger, etc).
I've only seen the cutscenes of Lost World, so can't really comment, but of what I did see...eh. It's true that it does give Tails conflict with Sonic and rivalry with Eggman, Sonic is called for his impulsiveness, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Eggman still turns on them, Sonic hasn't learnt anything by the game's end, Tails is back to being friends with Sonic with no changes in their relationship, etc. Like I said, not in the best place to comment, but heck, I'd even rank Colours above Lost World from my limited POV. As goofy as its story is, it still tells it competently.

aegix drakan said:
Hell, even Knuckles, who shows up for literally one scene shows off some interesting traits we haven't seen in forever (His rival attitude towards sonic, and some goofy comic relief that's not quite his fault. Which is a huge improvement on "I dumb. I smash rocks. HURRRR" which has been his de-facto personality for way too long. :( )
When has that been his de facto personality? In Boom? Yeah, sure, but Boom is separate from the Segaverse, it has the mandate to treat its characters how it wants. Sometimes this has better results (e.g. Amy), sometimes worse (Knuckles). Same criteria that every Sonic franchise has. Segaverse-wise, Knuckles has gone down the goofy route and, IMO, been weaker for it. As of Heroes he's apparently fine with just leaving Angel Island to do 'hero stuff,' and Lost World shows him as being goofy. I've said it many times that Knuckles's role as Sonic's rival has been taken by Shadow. And look, I get the idea of Knuckles opening up over time, but at this point, in the Segaverse, his character bears little resemblance to the character he was portrayed as initially.