The Times They Are a-Changin' (On Hiatus (Indefinite?))

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
Michi, Hawk Hill, California at Night, Modern(?) Times

She slowly approaches it, drawing her sword again and gently nudging it with the tip...

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, high-tailing it away from a large tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Saoshyan heard the rumbles, and was turning to run towards it even as Ezekiel frantically motioned to leave. Sao flashed him a quick grin, and made a "brushing away" motion towards him.
(Avestan-Go on then. I want to know what it is, though.)
He mentally prepared another fireball as he headed towards the source of the rumblings, the flames licking his right fist and arm.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Dune, The Golden Gate Bridge at Night, Modern(?) Times

The man ran away desperately trying to start a dead car "I'm on your side!"
And then the shaking began Shaking Bridge... Collapse, Water

Dune looked around at the people milling about, he reattached his rifle to its magnetic holster, and screamed "Run!" at the people. Before in as rapid a motion as possible grabbing Sam and bolting towards the city, towards safety.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh, On top of a building, Night. Modern(?) Times
?All right,? she said, following him through the door, ?When did the jungle appear? And has there been anything else untoward happed since then? Or before then as well. Be as concise as possible, if you please.?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Alexei, Stuck In a Truck, Modern(?) Times

Alexei stared at the man.
(Russian: "The year?...1961, of course... I will cooperate with your government, though I must ask that I may be put on the phone to my superiors in Baikonur, Russia immediately.")

The man's question confused him a great deal, as did the continued use of the odd little device. He'd be more than happy to discuss it later, without rifles being pointed at him.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
ruedyn said:
Wigbert, Fair Grounds in N. California at Night, Modern(?) Times
From previous examples the man managed to duck the blazing arrow, it simply shot through the stage back drop instead of a mans skull. Perhaps out of cowardice, or the fact that the man before them was now a one winged angel, caused the other knights to flee.

The crowds were clearing and sirens were coming in from the distance, Wigbert had decent space around him, and the only opponent at the moment was the knight with the sword. Rising as Wigbert had turned to face the fleeing mace wielder.
Ultraman950 said:
Nudging it with the tip of her sword, it began to unfurl starting from the point of contact. Sections of its metallic surface gently popped open, revealing silvery strands thin as hair. It looked organic and mechanical, as a few gently wrapped around the swords blade. The other sections were tasting the air, a few digging in to the sand.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, high-tailing it away from a large tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Running towards the source, with Ezekiel's voice shouting something, Saoshyan practically ran in to the hand. It was large leathery, and predominately black as it grabbed him none to gently around the waste.
Either it chose to ignore or simply didn't care for the fired arm, Saoshyan rose a few stories upwards to face a Gorilla of epic proportions. Scars covering its face and visible wounds like pock marks all around it, it stared at him with one eye, clouded and dull.
The loud noise of Ezekiel's rifle echoed behind him a few times, the eye flickering towards it only to ignore it.
No visible reaction beyond that occurred.
Ryans Solution said:
People fled towards the nearest end of the bridge, some would scream or shout if they weren't running pell-mell.
Holding on to Sam and his rifle, Dune experienced a sense of the world shifting to the left, while he was still standing still.
Images of the bridge under construction flashed in and out in front of him, workers working on the metal, people cheering as it was finished, and much more.
Then he fell, Dune had stepped on to and fell through an incomplete section of the bridge.
No hand holds nearby, and nothing within reach, it came as a rather pleasant surprise as his sudden fall halted.
Someone had grabbed on to his suit, and just under his shoulder blades.
"Hey! I'm going to pull you up, don't panic, and don't drop the kid."
It was a young woman's voice, and after a brief moment of disorientation were the world was upside down, and then right side up.
A single woman stood before him, dressed in a black full body suit, silver lines tracing down her body along the cuffs and neck line, along with two parting her in the center.
Wiry and a bit small, she was one or two inches shorter then Dune.

The space Dune had fallen was gone, and people were running forward still. "Talk later, Run Now," she said simply. Quickly turning and moving ahead at a good pace, calm as the ocean below them.
PlastikBulb said:
Leigh, On top of a building, Night. Modern(?) Times
"The jungle popped up about a month back, it was real small then, but it kinda got out of control. People tried to cut it, but it just kept coming back, growing either way. As for untoward? I'm not familiar with that word, care to put it simpler or tell me what you mean?"
Brian's tone was calm, and his face looked focused in thought.
Waiting for Leigh to pass the door, he quickly shut and locked it. The stairs illuminated by small lights to provide enough to see, was a long flight with straight shot down in the center.
maninahat said:
Sighing audibly as he listened to his device again, he spoke in to it for a length of time. Holding it back up,
"(Russian-this is a translator between us, and I'm afraid to inform you that you have no rights, and are considered property now of the U.S. The year is not 1961, it is 2012, you have been gone for 51 years, in either space or time. As we have no way to confirm who you truly are or what you are, you will be under armed guard in a quarantine truck.
Any sign of hostility, or attempts to escape or harm anyone, will result in your demise, or at least being shot many times. May God have Mercy if you have a Soul)"

Holding the device, the mans faced looked expecting any reply or argument to come from Alexei. Tinged with sadness and almost invisible fear.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, in a rather large gorilla's hand, New York, night, modern(?) times
Saoshyan swore, loudly, then calmed his temper. Rage would only serve to have him killed. Which he rather hoped to avoid, just now.
(Avestan- Unexpected...) He sighed.
He concentrated, and his flame flickered ever higher and hotter.
As the great ape showed no reaction to the flames, he quelled them with a thought, and began to try and wiggle free, his right arm in particular.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

Is the occult division based here or something? Did they actually pull something off finally?

Dune began sprinting again, following the woman and trying to match her pace, nomatter how difficult that may be in full kit while carrying a kid.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi pulled her sword back from the thing's weird hair-feeler things and stepped back from it. She didn't expect anything to happen, but this world was already very strange, so she decided to try talking to it.

(Shamese: Um... can... can you understand me? What are you?) She felt incredibly silly. How would it even talk to her, and what were the odds she would understand if it did?

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011

Wigbert didn't like the sound of the sirens, his gut told him it wasn't good. He could only imagine they were called on his behalf, but that was far too quick. He silently cursed, and decided to run, unloading two more arrows in the mans center. His power faded, and he looked like any other fair goer escaping the area.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh, Stairwell, New York City, Night. Modern(?) Times
?Anything odd, out of place or with a negative and strange feel to it would be the case in this context.? Leigh replied, casting her eyes around the stairwell. This whole business was getting to her already. She hated being all analytical, but it was something she was literally built to be able to do and there wasn't yet an effective way to slip easily between her two mind-sets.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007

Alexei was stunned. He didn't know where to begin. Eventually, the surprise turned to anger.

"What are you talking about? You expect me to believe that its, its...2012? Just because you have some kind of radio? Put me on a phone to Moscow, immediately!"

Alexei kept his hands in sight. He had no plans to run. As soon as his comrades figure out where he landed, they'll demand for his return.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, in a rather large gorilla's hand, New York, night, modern(?) times
The simian looked at Saoshyan, and simply dropped him with a huff a breath. Lower and gentler then he could have expected. Moving over his head it picked up a quickly fleeing Ezekiel, examining him as he screamed something, its back was turned to him.
Ryans Solution said:
Reaching the other side in no time, people looked back in awe as the bridge, didn't collapse, but disappeared.
There were still ruins but they looked older, and no sounds of splashing or crashing was heard as the vibrating ceased.
Frantic calls still to no availed, everything was background noise to the buzzing like a Cicada in the air.

The young woman in her odd suit motioned for Dune to follower her down the side of a hill to the shore.
"Bring Sam to, and if anything happens to her, Dune, so help me..." Her tone commanding but rushed.
(The woman had manged to swing you back up on to the bridge, nothing occult or teleportation like, save for the fact that physics is having a doozy over it.)
Ultraman950 said:
"(Shamese-Take me to your leader, I am the Light Within Darkness, the Shadows of Silence)" It replied in moments, the tendrils receding as it shut like a clam, save for the part still wrapped around her sword.
It was curt, polite, and sounded more fluent in her own language, despite it being her own native tongue.
It's mind was unreadable, or simply punching fog, as nothing seemed to come from it.
ruedyn said:
The arrows disappeared to put it simply, they seemed to hit the man, and the sound of them hitting metal was clear, but the man stood unfazed.
His arms were raised to block them, but he looked puzzled as anyone else at the time.

At the moment Wigbert had a few choices to flee...
-Deeper in to the Tents (North)
-Towards the walls and Gates (West) along with the sound of the sirens
-Back to the stage and towards the confused man (south)
-To what looked like a small arena and jousting zone (east)
(All directions relative to person, north is facing)
PlastikBulb said:
Leigh, Stairwell, New York City, Night. Modern(?) Times
"Ah, plenty of that. Media blackouts, martial law in sections of the city, disappearances and appearances, you name it. My turn, where and when do you come from?"
Walking down the stairs, the echoes of their feet was around them.
maninahat said:
Listening to the device, the man spoke, a common routine being established.
"(Russian-I wouldn't even if I could, and for now you need to remain calm and cooperate. You may have no reason to believe us, and this may all be an elaborate hoax, but tell me, why would we lie about such a thing?
To get you to betray Russia? To somehow play games with your mind? All this and more could be possible.)
"
Speaking quickly to a solider and the reply was clearly tone of dismay, the man spoke again in rapid English. The soldier handed him his side arm reluctantly, the man fired it once in to the dirt and ejected the spent shell.
Speaking in to his device as the echo of the shot ringed in everyone's ears, he held the gun out handle first towards Alexi.
"(Russian-If you believe something like that truly, then feel free to shoot yourself in the head, if you think we are the enemy then feel free to shoot me. If you are wise then you will keep an open mind, and just cooperate. We are not your enemy, we are not your friend, we are simply people who love our country, and wish to prevent what may turn out to be an act of war on either of our parts.)"

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Wigbert took a moment to think about his next actions. The stage was out of the question as he was running AWAY, and the arena seemed to have a modicum of activity. An option at least. The sirens he felt was bad, and wanted to have no part of him. The tents had less activity than the arena, but too open, if the sirens were searching for him. He didn't normally feel vain, but he got the feeling they were. He opted for the arena, choosing a brisk jogging pace.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi would have leaped back in surprise, if she were willing to let go of her sword. She honestly wasn't expecting the thing to talk back to her at all, let alone in her native tongue, and better than her. (Shamese: Wh-what? I--my leaders aren't here right now... If... if you don't mind me asking... what are you, exactly? Do you have a name? Can you tell me where I am?)

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007

Alexei looked at the gun, and at the man offering it. The man sounded confident and honest. This American was quite willing to let a stranger shoot him in the face. Or at least pretend to give him the chance.

(Russian: "There is no need for the gun. What you're saying might be insane, but I fully intend to cooperate. I'll find out what is what, soon enough.")

Alexei took a look around at his surroundings.

(Russian: "Where are you taking me and my spacecraft?")

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Dune, Near where The Golden Gate Bridge used to be, Modern(?) Times

(The occult comment was in regards to the general strangeness going on around him)

Her?

He stopped at the top of the hill, pulled the mask off of Sam, and began trying to bring back consciousness to a kid he hadn't even realized had passed out.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Saoshyan carefully gathered his breath back after his fall. It had hurt, but not as badly as it could have been.
Seeing the beast pick up his new companion, he thought for a moment.
He clambered to his feet, and clenched his arm once again, burst it into flames. He carefully brought his arm back, and lobbed the ball of flame into the foliage near the ape, praying to his god it would catch.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Ryans Solution said:
Dune, Near where The Golden Gate Bridge used to be, Modern(?) Times
Young, cute, and best described as cherub like with a small mop of black hair. Sam was clearly female, and sleeping the sleep of the unknown. No injuries were visible, and it looked like she had merely fallen asleep.
"She'll be fine after a bit, but hurry, we have to stop something from happening." The young woman shouted from below.
In the distance a faintly glowing figure was visible.
Ultraman950 said:
The thing paused, as if pondering the universe. "(Shamese-You are young, but strong, join with me and I shall enlighten you.)"
The tone was the same as before.
The strands around the sword unfurled, and reached towards her hands, almost looking to form a hand of their own.
Like someone who had fallen and could not get up, offering their hand to aid in lifting them.
A shout echoed in the distance behind her.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Fawoomp, Fwoosh, and Ka-fwoosh, many different ways to describe the sound of something catching fire. In the case of the ball of flame hurled, it sizzled through the air, and landed in a burst. Foliage and bark sizzled and burned, and a few had caught flames.
The Gorilla turned and silently looked at the flames, and did something that few would consider doing.
It sat on the flames.
A rush of air and the rank smell of musk gently rustled past Saoshyan, along with a shuddering of the ground.
"(Avestan-Kill the ape, or kill the man. Either way will save the day.)" The voice was over Saoshyan's shoulder, the tone monotone and neutral.
"(It is in you hands and either will lead to a destiny of your own making.)" Oddly enough the voice was familiar, like someone he knew or had known sometime ago.
If he bothered to turn around, he would meet empty space for his eyes to view a jungle backdrop.

maninahat said:
"(Russian-You are going to a place where America keeps the odds and ends of space and time, and tries its best to find out who, what, when, where and why. Also, I'm sorry for what is next, but when you wake all will be well.)"
Even before the device spoke the second sentence, something pierced Alexei in his arm. A small silver dart, moments after it hit, a feeling of drowsy/groggy/K.O washed over him. Alexei saw black and white as his consciousness faded.
-----
Alexei, Unknown, Modern(?) Times
Eyes flickering and mind clearing, Alexei was sitting in a lounge chair. Around him dim lights and walls lined with shelves and books. Best described as a study or a place a therapists to discuss issues with his clients.
A wooden door was behind him, in front of him was a large arm chair, in it the man in the suit who had spoken to him.
Arms on his knees and clasped together, he looked relaxed and friendly. Around his head was a small black band, with small ear buds clipped in.
"Neat little device they gave you and I, allows you to understand me, and me to understand you."

Alexei was wearing the same, and while there was one or two seconds lag, he heard everything in Russian. Still weary from whatever chemicals were used to knock him out, he could only sit and listen as the man spoke.

"You are perfectly fine medically, and are just the same as you were before on the truck." Reaching behind him he pulled out a beige folder, filled with paper and clipped with metal.

"In here are all the files and personal history that we could obtain, Russia is currently discussing with us returning you home, but they are dealing with volcanic activity."

Holding it out for him to take he continued, "you may not accept this, but allow me to explain any questions you may have. If you wish you can leave by the door behind you with all your personal effects, and as soon as Russia gets in contact with us, we'll even deliver you and your craft. This is because it looks like the world as we know it, and you knew are ending."

Waiting a few seconds as this all processed through, Alexei's tongue no longer felt like lead.
ruedyn said:
Reaching the arena a few horses it seems had been left in gaudy apparel tethered near a trough and stand. They looked docile and prepared to ride out, and it seems they weren't alone.
The stands were empty, and the field was empty, and a lone figure was next to the horses, fidgeting with a knot in the reins.
The girl.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Wigbert sighed,, and removed his helmet. It seemed god was insistent on throwing her at him, there might be a reason for it. They even spoke the same language. Though she seemed scared of him before he did anything. He glanced up, sighing again as he approached, hoping she wouldn't stick him with a dagger.
(German-Do you know me?)