The Ultimate Warrior, Dead at 54

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
Warrior knew he was dying. He knew the clock was ticking down, he just didn't know when it was going to happen.

You can tell though, just by watching the promo he did on the 07 April Raw...he knew he was giving a eulogy...his own eulogy.

This will probably be the stock steroid abuse heart failure case..if there ever is an autopsy, which there likely won't be...but I'll say it right now...Warrior knew he was about to die when he walked out to the ring Monday night.

The fact that he literally died the next day isn't a cruel twist of fate, it was just when the clock ran out.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Damn. I just got the news from YouTube this morning. I thought it was some sort of joke at first.

The Internet community poked fun at the Ultimate Warrior and most of that ribbing is well deserved. Ask anyone who's ever read the Warrior comics or seen the Spoony/Linkara reviews. But, thinking back to my childhood, watching him wrestle was something spectacular. He carried an energy that very few wrestlers could pull off imo. He was insane but in an awesome kind of way. To have him die merely days after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and his final appearance on Raw is shocking. I can't say this was planned by him or merely the hand of fate stepping in. It's too soon to make that accusation. All I can say is that he went out on a high note. And that is a rare feat for anyone in the wrestling business.

Rest in Peace, Ultimate Warrior.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I admit I don't know much about the guy, only from what I heard on the internet (mainly from Linkara and the Spoony One). From what I could tell, he seemed like he was completely bonkers... and he didn't care.

Godspeed you beautiful crazy dingoman!

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
While I think he was a massive tool when it comes to his blog and his political shenanigans or whatever, I still mourn his passing. One of the greatest in his industry. Say hi to Macho Man and Mr. Perfect for me, Warrior.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Oly J said:
this...absolutely sucks...butI guess if you use steroids as I think a lot of them did back then, this can happen, I mean 54 is still pretty young to go, I loved the Warrior, even though he was before my time I watched a lot of his matches, and his promos were just awesome, I can't imagine the grief his family must be going through, he will be missed.
This is really a shame to hear about. That said, 54 years old is sadly a fairly decent age for a wrestler to live to. The list of guys who go before they're 40 is quite long and filled with a lot of highly recognizable names.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
This wouldn't have meant as much to me had it not come mere days after Hall of Fame and Raw appearances, the speech he gave in the latter of which now seeming far more poignant for it. He had a meet and greet scheduled for about a month's time, too...
Well, rest in peace, you legendary Warrior.

StHubi

Jan 15, 2010
Only 54? That is really sad :( Rest in peace, Ultimate Warrior! You were one of my favourite wrestlers of my childhood and enriched my live.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
I was shocked when my co-worker told me. "But.. But I just saw him 2 days ago! He looked so healthy! He got the entire crowd hyped!" Man... Still hard to swallow..

Marter said:
Man, that's really shocking and said. Especially after just seeing him on Raw.

RIP, good sir.
Props to your AJ pic :D

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I didn't really watch wrestling back in the day (regrettably), so I can only say Linkara and Spoony's parodies were the only time he entertained me. Maybe they can give him a send off worthy of the craziest man in wrestling.

That said, it is sad to hear the man died. He certainly was one of the more unique guys in the WWF.

Ultimate Warrior, wherever you might be, may your spaceship be forever loaded with rocket fuel.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Think of it this way: No scandal or issue will ever remove him from the hall of fame.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania was ended by a part-time UFC fighter and the next night one of my favorite pro wrestlers as a kid dies.

This has been a hard week.

Rest in peace, Mr. Helwig.

You made the world a little more crazy and a little more fun.