The Unofficial Friendly Steam Trading Thread

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Just updating my stuff to trade, happy to accept coupons, cards or gifts depending on what they are.
[edit] Out of date list, see post below.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
wintercoat said:
Speaking of the Steam TCG, anyone happen to have a beta invite they don't have plans for?
I've got one (well three). Happy to give them away to anyone who needs one.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
wintercoat said:
Speaking of the Steam TCG, anyone happen to have a beta invite they don't have plans for?
Could I pinch one? :)

Edit: If you require my account name then here it is http://steamcommunity.com/id/akfg/

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
CriticalMiss said:
wintercoat said:
Sweet. Linky to me! [http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025586461/]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Just one beta access left after akfg collects his. To the highest bidder! Muahahaha! Or whoever asks nicely.

And don't forget all of the actual stuff being traded! :p

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
CriticalMiss said:
Just one beta access left after akfg collects his. To the highest bidder! Muahahaha! Or whoever asks nicely.

And don't forget all of the actual stuff being traded! :p
So, just curious before maybe I ask for this.
What is Steam TCG?
From I saw is cards for Steam?
Is this some kind of game with the characters of all Steam games or just to collect cards?

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
SweetShark said:
What is Steam TCG?
Is this some kind of game with the characters of all Steam games or just to collect cards?
It's the beta for a kind of 'meta-game' where certain Steam games have digital cards that drop when you play them. You can only get half of the cards from playing the game however, the rest you must buy or trade from other players. When you have all of the cards from a game you can then craft a badge which gives you Steam exp, a coupon and some other exclusive goodies for that game like emoticons and profile backgrounds (which are also tradeable). And if none of that interests you you can still take part and sell the cards on the market, they usually go from between £0.20 to £5 depending on the game and rarity so you could end up making money on it.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
CriticalMiss said:
SweetShark said:
What is Steam TCG?
It's the beta for a kind of 'meta-game' where certain Steam games have digital cards that drop when you play them. You can only get half of the cards from playing the game however, the rest you must buy or trade from other players. When you have all of the cards from a game you can then craft a badge which gives you Steam exp, a coupon and some other exclusive goodies for that game like emoticons and profile backgrounds (which are also tradeable). And if none of that interests you you can still take part and sell the cards on the market, they usually go from between £0.20 to £5 depending on the game and rarity so you could end up making money on it.
So in other words Steam trying to "hook" us more with their game that they offer in Steam....
One part of me want to see how this will work ou, but the other me said this is a terrible idea......for us....

But.....I will give it a plus IF the cards are acually unique, and not just a picture inside a game and we can call it a card.
If Steam make unique artworks for its cards then this will be a nice feature.

But for now I will say no.

Thank you very much for your info.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
SweetShark said:
Oh yeah, it's certainly a marketing ploy. But if you already have/want the games then you might as well take part. I haven't bought any games I didn't already want to play or was curious about, although I did get around to finally buying Monaco after the cards came out. Although I suspect a lot of people just buy the games for the cards like good little consumers, and the trading forums can get pretty scummy at times with people wanting to trade 2-3 cards for their one card of the same value.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take part though :p

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
CriticalMiss said:
SweetShark said:
Oh yeah, it's certainly a marketing ploy. But if you already have/want the games then you might as well take part. I haven't bought any games I didn't already want to play or was curious about, although I did get around to finally buying Monaco after the cards came out. Although I suspect a lot of people just buy the games for the cards like good little consumers, and the trading forums can get pretty scummy at times with people wanting to trade 2-3 cards for their one card of the same value.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take part though :p
And that why sometimes I prefer games From Desura, GoG and my physical copies of many different games.
You just buy the game you want and nothing else.
No Achievements, no Cards. Just you and a game you must play to enjoy.
Why the f*ck Steam doesn't have "The Cat Lady" again?
......Sorry, but sometimes I hate Steam for not having great games for different "kind" of reasons....

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
What I have to trade:

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Rift Storm Legion

My Wishlist:

- Monaco
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
- Civ V: Brave New World DLC
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Prison Architect
- The Swapper
- Gunpoint
- PAYDAY 2
- Metro: Last Light
- FEZ

Please PM your offers, I may accept stuff that isn't on my wishlist.

omegaweopon

Aug 25, 2009
I have three steam keys up for trade. All were duplicate items from bundles I already have(None of these are from DRM free bundles such as Humble, therefor I payed for these keys themselves, but already have duplicates on Steam.)

I have keys for Trauma, Spacechem, and Vessel. I also have a 25% off coupon for Dungeon Hearts.

And one more ting. I have three guest passes for Shattered Horizons that I'll just... give to people. I dun care.

Offer me things, and you might just get things. Only thing I want is Skyrim Legendary Edition, which I am SO NOT getting for these things. The point there is, make an offer of something, chances are, if I don't have it, it's a deal.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Well, I doubt I'll get any bites, but what the hell, I'll give it a go. I bought a new graphics card the other day, and it came with a couple of cards I could claim some games with, problem is I already had most of the games they offered. So I have spare keys for:

2 x Bioshock Infinite (Steam)
1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)
1 x Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (This one's a Uplay coupon, it gives a free copy, but you need to "buy" it from uplay)

As I said, I doubt I'll get any bites, but I wouldn't mind trading the two more expensive games for:

Remember Me
Resident Evil: Revelations

Or I'll trade both Bioshock and Tomb Raider together for a Saints Row IV pre-order.

For Blood Dragon I wouldn't mind:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
General offers, just PM me.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Weresquirrel said:
Well, I doubt I'll get any bites, but what the hell, I'll give it a go. I bought a new graphics card the other day, and it came with a couple of cards I could claim some games with, problem is I already had most of the games they offered. So I have spare keys for:

1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)
1 x Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (This one's a Uplay coupon, it gives a free copy, but you need to "buy" it from uplay)

As I said, I doubt I'll get any bites, but I wouldn't mind trading the two more expensive games for:

Remember Me

Or I'll trade both Bioshock and Tomb Raider together for a Saints Row IV pre-order.

Are you giving away Infinite? If so, I'd like one. =)

Edit- Nevermind, I didn't read. x-D

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Weresquirrel said:

1 x Tomb Raider (Steam)

Remember Me

Just curious, how did you end up having two steam keys for the new Bioshock game?

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
SweetShark said:
Weresquirrel said:
Just curious, how did you end up having two steam keys for the new Bioshock game?
As I said, I bought a new graphics card. I was handed a promo-card that gave Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Blood Dragon on the card the clerk handed me. At the time I didn't have Blood Dragon, so I claimed it so I could play it. Then, a few days later I was tidying the boxes away, and a second card slipped out. This one had Bioshock, Crysis 3 and Blood Dragon. So, I claimed that one for the Crysis 3.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I have the following games (gifts) to trade:
Half Life 2
Portal
Psychonauts
Costume Quest
Dungeon Defenders
Evoland
Disciples II

Steam trading card games:
-50% Strike Suit Infinity
-50% & -33% Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
-33% Magicka
-30% Go Home Dinosaurs

And regular games:
-66% Serious Sam 2
-50% The Basement Collection
-50% Dungeon of Dredmor
-33% Frozen Synapse
-25% Dungeon Hearts

Happy to trade for other games or for trading cards.

ZycroNeXuS

Apr 30, 2013
I have a 75% coupon for Forge. No one wants it. I'll trade for these:

Sanctum
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Don't Starve
Runner2
Sanctum 2
Just about anything 15 bucks or under, as Forge is 20 dollars and 75% is 20 dollars so the coupon is worth 15 dollars. And no, it doesn't have to equal 15 dollars, it can be less, just PM me to figure out if it is something I'd be willing to trade for.

My profile: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/chariotsrock/

EDIT: Would someone at least tell me why they don't want the coupon? It'd be nice to know.