The Unofficial Friendly Steam Trading Thread

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Thamian said:
Thanks to a minor epiphany I just realised that the Dawn Of War 2 key that's been kicking around my inventory for a couple of years might be of interest to someone here (base game only: cheapest way to buy chaos rising at the time was to buy the gold edition and hence I wound up with a spare key).

TL:DR Dawn of War 2 (base game) available to anyone who wants it.

Giving away, or trading? I'd love to have it if you're giving it away. =)

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Boscorelli said:
Hello,

I have 26 copies of Dota 2 to give away. I already gave few copies to my friends that were interested but now I run out of people who want it. I could give all of them to one person but I request something in return. If nobody is interested I will give one by one for free to those who want. If you want Dota 2 on your Steam please send me private message on my profile.

Thanks
what's dota? never heard of it

captcha-ask questions....i just did!

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
A BigCup of Tea said:
Originally it was a Warcraft 3 custom map called Defence of the Ancients (DotA for short), then when Frozen Throne came, tactical it was remade into DotA: Allstars and included more heroes and items, and now, it's its own game Dota 2. It's a team based game where (up to) 5 people face (up to) 5, each person gets to choose a hero at the start and the objective is to defeat the Ancient of the other team (what the title refers to)...well, the Ancient is basically just a structure in each team's base, so it's more or less "breach their base and destroy it", only, you don't have to destroy everything.

That's the basics of it and...well, it doesn't get much more complicated than this. DotA became really popular as a team based game on its own, that it spawned the MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) genre - League of Legends, Demigod, Guardians of Middle-earth, Heroes of Newerth, and Smite are some of the games that took after it.

Dota 2 is free to play, technically, but it's still in beta, so you either need to buy the starter pack to get access, or get the game from somebody. The latter is really easy, since there are really A LOT of copies sent out to random people on Steam, Boscorelli has 26 alone and that's not really strange or unusual.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
DoPo said:
A BigCup of Tea said:
Originally it was a Warcraft 3 custom map called Defence of the Ancients (DotA for short), then when Frozen Throne came, tactical it was remade into DotA: Allstars and included more heroes and items, and now, it's its own game Dota 2. It's a team based game where (up to) 5 people face (up to) 5, each person gets to choose a hero at the start and the objective is to defeat the Ancient of the other team (what the title refers to)...well, the Ancient is basically just a structure in each team's base, so it's more or less "breach their base and destroy it", only, you don't have to destroy everything.

That's the basics of it and...well, it doesn't get much more complicated than this. DotA became really popular as a team based game on its own, that it spawned the MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena) genre - League of Legends, Demigod, Guardians of Middle-earth, Heroes of Newerth, and Smite are some of the games that took after it.

Dota 2 is free to play, technically, but it's still in beta, so you either need to buy the starter pack to get access, or get the game from somebody. The latter is really easy, since there are really A LOT of copies sent out to random people on Steam, Boscorelli has 26 alone and that's not really strange or unusual.
sounds pretty good, i'm new to steam so don't really know how to access messages and stuff, won't even let me add any friends yet even though i have one game (although it was free)

Yabba

Aug 19, 2012
Got Total War: Rome for anyone who can give me xcom: terror from the deep or xcom: apacolypse

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
I have a few things to give away/ trade to anyone interested:

Gatling Gears- Taken
Bloody Trapland- Taken
Polygon Storm- Taken

Open to any offers but more than happy to give away for free :)

Well that's all of them gone!

sulc84

Dec 30, 2012
akfg666 said:

Gatling Gears
Bloody Trapland
Polygon Storm

Nice from you :) I would like Gatling Gears ? Thanks

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
sulc84 said:
akfg666 said:

Gatling Gears
Bloody Trapland
Polygon Storm

Nice from you :) I would like Gatling Gears ? Thanks
Sure, I'll PM you :)

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
I've got Football Manager 2013, PM me with what you'll be willing to trade.

EDIT - Ignore this. I got a Football Manager trading card actually, I thought it was the game itself.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
akfg666 said:

Gatling Gears- Taken
Bloody Trapland- Taken
Polygon Storm

Can I have Polygon Storm?

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
thesilentman said:
akfg666 said:

Gatling Gears- Taken
Bloody Trapland- Taken
Polygon Storm

Can I have Polygon Storm?
All yours :)

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Right, I have a copy of The Ship for anyone. I'm looking for offers in return. No Dota 2 keys though, I've handed them out to oblivion. =D

I'll update if there's a game I particularly want.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I've got a Steam key for the Geneforge saga for anyone who wants it. 5 games of solid old fashioned RPGing action!

Also, I, along with all but three members of the Escapist (you know who you are) have DOTA keys.

EDIT: All gone

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Launcelot111 said:
I've got a Steam key for the Geneforge saga for anyone who wants it. 5 games of solid old fashioned RPGing action!

Also, I, along with all but three members of the Escapist (you know who you are) have DOTA keys.
Sure, I'll take it if you're giving it away.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
thesilentman said:
Right, I have a copy of The Ship for anyone. I'm looking for offers in return. No Dota 2 keys though, I've handed them out to oblivion. =D

Wanna trade for Bastion? :)

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
thesilentman said:
Launcelot111 said:

Sure, I'll take it if you're giving it away.
Sorry, it's been claimed

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
akfg666 said:
thesilentman said:

Wanna trade for Bastion? :)
I'll wait for some more offers before I decide, if that's alright with you. :)

Azani

Sep 23, 2010
Hey, got a few games that I'm looking to trade. really interested in getting;

Anno 2070 Complete Edition
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

here is my inventory http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azanix/inventory/
I also have a Strike Suit Zero Collectors Edition and Assassins creed 3 key.

Add me or pm me if you want to trade, Thanks.

NotSoNimble

Aug 10, 2010
To lazy to look through what everyone has to offer, but if you want what I have, mail me with yer list/offer!
I have STEAM keys for:

Dear Esther
Capsized
Thomas was Alone
Little Inferno
Awesomenauts
Proteus
Bastion
Gish

Then I have STEAM bundle keys for:

Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, Dungeons of Dredmor

Limbo, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, Psychonauts

Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid

Never redeemed any of these keys, so I might as well see if someone else wants em. They are all from Humble Indie Bundles.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
NotSoNimble said:
To lazy to look through what everyone has to offer, but if you want what I have, mail me with yer list/offer!
I have STEAM keys for:

Dear Esther
Capsized
Thomas was Alone
Little Inferno
Awesomenauts
Proteus
Bastion
Gish

Then I have STEAM bundle keys for:

Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, Dungeons of Dredmor

Limbo, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, Psychonauts

Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid

Never redeemed any of these keys, so I might as well see if someone else wants em. They are all from Humble Indie Bundles.
Would you accept my firstborn child[footnote]Note: As I am currently single, and have no want to ever have children, take offer at own risk.[/footnote] for Bastion? Other than that, all I have are a few Steam Trading Cards. They're common as shit, but it's all I have, man! Take pity on me! D: