The Vacant Throne - A Roleplay of War and Politics [Interest Check]

Illywhacker

Aug 25, 2014
This idea sounds awesome. I'll take some time getting a sheet together and familiarising myself with the OP and other people's concepts but I'm definitely definitely interested.

How many players are you looking for?

EDIT: Scratch my question, I've just seen the answer above.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
So they're the Danish, mixed in with the Hansa.

I'm nowhere near done with a full character sheet and I already have alot on my plate at the moment, but I'll try to show my support for this RP.
I'm also making a different character from the ones I usually play.

http://wintreath.com/graphics/keep.jpg
Name: Helena Vei Onblia
Personality: Helena Vei Onblia is widely known as a good administrator, tactful diplomat, masterful tactician and an excellent hostess. She is known for her pleasant disposition and is always welcome guests with a smile. In fact, very few people have ever seen her without her customary smile frozen on her face. The truth of the matter is that Helena is also an apt liar and has used her skills in intrigue to catapult her house to center stage.
Character History: Helena has ruled over the lands of Onblia for the past fifteen years.
The History of the House of Vei Onblia: One of the founding members of the Empire, the house of Vei Onblia has always held a position of power in the empire. Some of the members of the house of Vei Onblia have even sat on the emperor's throne. That was almost a century ago however and the house has been suffering a long decline since, but things may change with the recent head of the family
Lands:
Benefits:
Grand Castles: The Vei Onblias are known to have some of the most beautiful castles of all the lords of Kolonaean. The annual balls they host is the the most popular social event of the whole empire. Naturally, the members of the House of Vei Onblia use these events to remain in the good graces of the realms nobles, as well as all the perks from meeting and housing most of the most prominent nobles of the realm. Most of the top nobles in the realm attend, since being invited is usually a sign of prestige.
Defensive Force: Due to their proximity to the Eastern border of the Empire, the House of Vei Onblia has maintained a professional army. Composed of a variety of troops from pikemen, dragoons, musketeers, artillerymen and sappers and the outposts the Vei Onblia maintain, the house protects the empire from threaths in the east.
Production boom: The Vei Onblia have had the good luck to have mountains rich with a variety of ores on their lands. They have also moved away from the traditional rent based economy of the rest of the empire and have built several manufactories. These two assets generate a lot of wealth for the people of Onblia and the House of Vei Onblia.
Drawbacks: The Terrible Secret of the Vei Onblia
Volunteer? Yes.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Well, this looks interesting and I got reliable internet back. I'll work on the histories tomorrow.

Name: Asgeir "The Bloodhound" Guobrandr

Personality: Asgeir has two things in great amount: bravery and perception. He prides himself on never missing a detail, and has a hobby of reading people. This skill has served him well, in matters both military and political. The fact he's only been very recently thrust into the world of politics has done little to disturb his upbeat demeanor. It's hard to say if he feels anything anymore. Most are worried now that his brash attitude has been replaced with caution often bordering on paranoia. Still, he performs his duties to the fullest, and makes sure he appears worthy of being heir to a family such as his.

Character History:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

House History:

Lands:

Benefits:

Age and Reputation: The name of Guobrandr is a feared thing, and not without reason. They have an army as old as their name, and a legendary hero known throughout Kolonaea sits proudly in their family tree, Egil the Army Breaker (implying his tales are exaggerated has a high mortality rate). They like to use their reputation to intimidate their enemies and boost morale, but they've found other uses...

Raider Kings: The Guobrandr remember their roots, and are happy to remind others. Their standing army tends to travel plenty, making a large and versatile force that only gets stronger as they fight. Well armed and brutal tactics make them nothing to scoff at.

Mining Guild: Ore has to come from somewhere. The Guobrandr clan started on a wealthy deposit and have only expanded since, making them great friends to merchants.

Drawback:

Lowest of the High Court: Guogbrandr have wealth and history, but they don't have too many strong political allies. Their enemies see them as savages and scoundrels, and their friends see them as just another sword to swing. Most don't see the point of trying to correct them anymore, and don't bother with making friends. In times of need, most don't bother praying for aid.

Volunteer? Yes

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Frission said:
TheIronRuler said:
I'm nowhere near done with a full character sheet and I already have alot on my plate at the moment, but I'll try to show my support for this RP.
I'm also making a different character from the ones I usually play.

http://wintreath.com/graphics/keep.jpg
Name: Helena Vei Onblia
Personality: Helena Vei Onblia is widely known as a good administrator, tactful diplomat, masterful tactician and an excellent hostess. She is known for her pleasant disposition and is always welcome guests with a smile. In fact, very few people have ever seen her without her customary smile frozen on her face. The truth of the matter is that Helena is also an apt liar and has used her skills in intrigue to catapult her house to center stage.
Character History: Helena has ruled over the lands of Onblia for the past fifteen years.
The History of the House of Vei Onblia: One of the founding members of the Empire, the house of Vei Onblia has always held a position of power in the empire. Some of the members of the house of Vei Onblia have even sat on the emperor's throne. That was almost a century ago however and the house has been suffering a long decline since, but things may change with the recent head of the family
Lands:
Benefits:
: The Vei Onblia is known to have some of the most beautiful castles of all the lords of Kolonaean. The annual balls they host is the the most popular social event of the whole empire. Naturally, the members of the House of Vei Onblia use these events to remain in the good graces of the realms nobles, as well as all the perks from meeting and housing most of the most prominent nobles of the realm. Most of the top nobles in the realm attend, since being invited is usually a sign of prestige.
Professional Army: Due to their proximity to the Eastern border of the Empire, the House of Vei Onblia have maintained a professional army. Composed of a variety of troops from pikemen, dragoons, musketeers, artillerymen and sappers.
Production boom: The Vei Onblia have had the good luck to have mountains rich with a variety of ores on their lands. They have also moved away from the traditional rent based economy of the rest of the empire and have built several manufactories. These two assets generate a lot of wealth for the people of Onblia and the House of Vei Onblia.
Drawbacks: The Terrible Secret of the Vei Onblia:
Volunteer? Yes.
Good to know you're interested in this game. I'm actually interested in the Vei Onblia Emperor and what he was like.

Hope you finish your sheet. :)

Ruedyn said:
Well, this looks interesting and I got reliable internet back. I'll work on the histories tomorrow.

Name: Asgeir "The Bloodhound" Guobrandr

Personality: Asgeir has two things in great amount: bravery and perception. He prides himself on never missing a detail, and has a hobby of reading people. This skill has served him well, in matters both military and political. The fact he's only been very recently thrust into the world of politics has done little to disturb his upbeat demeanor. It's hard to say if he feels anything anymore. Most are worried now that his brash attitude has been replaced with caution often bordering on paranoia. Still, he performs his duties to the fullest, and makes sure he appears worthy of being heir to a family such as his.

Character History:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

House History:

Lands:

Benefits:

Age and Reputation: The name of Guobrandr is a feared thing, and not without reason. They have an army as old as their name, and a legendary hero known throughout Kolonaea sits proudly in their family tree, Egil the Army Breaker (implying his tales are exaggerated has a high mortality rate). They like to use their reputation to intimidate their enemies and boost morale, but they've found other uses...

Raider Kings: The Guobrandr remember their roots, and are happy to remind others. Their standing army tends to travel plenty, making a large and versatile force that only gets stronger as they fight. Well armed and brutal tactics make them nothing to scoff at.

Mining Guild: Ore has to come from somewhere. The Guobrandr clan started on a wealthy deposit and have only expanded since, making them great friends to merchants.

Drawback:

Lowest of the High Court: Guogbrandr have wealth and history, but they don't have too many strong political allies. Their enemies see them as savages and scoundrels, and their friends see them as just another sword to swing. Most don't see the point of trying to correct them anymore, and don't bother with making friends. In times of need, most don't bother praying for aid.

Volunteer? Yes
Also a good sheet. The moment you get your histories set up, you're accepted.

Cal Shackleford

Aug 9, 2014
Doc Gnosis said:
Sweet. Good to know. "Rosenkrone," nice name, though can't help but think of a dark, cold place full of blood, sweat and lies :)

It's great to see more names signing up!

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
I agree, which is why I'm bumping this thread up again to make sure people know it's still here and open.

Speaking of which, Don't be shy about writing your interest in this game. I understand the process takes a while, but you don't need to have everything ready before you get ready to post.

Cal Shackleford

Aug 9, 2014
Doc Gnosis said:
I agree, which is why I'm bumping this thread up again to make sure people know it's still here and open.

Speaking of which, Don't be shy about writing your interest in this game. I understand the process takes a while, but you don't need to have everything ready before you get ready to post.

Figure it's safer to bump with trivial question. (Shouldn't risk the Content Gods' wrath as much, hehe) But am definitely drooling for this for sure!

Hope your FF RP goes well btw!

To everyone else - Kolonaea needs you!