The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter Review - Walkie Talkie

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter Review - Walkie Talkie

A decent little wander through a pretty forest with a dark story.

Read Full Article

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
I might just have to give this game a try, as I enjoy a relaxing games now and then. And I have yet to try any of these supposed "walking simulators".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kerethos said:
I might just have to give this game a try, as I enjoy a relaxing games now and then. And I have yet to try any of these supposed "walking simulators".
I watched Jim's playthrough of this, and that alone made me interested. However, I'm not into "waking simulators," so I'll probably wait.

However, I still foiund myself somewhat interested, so that's a plus?

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kerethos said:
I watched Jim's playthrough of this, and that alone made me interested. However, I'm not into "waking simulators," so I'll probably wait.

Squirty plays aren't really a format for the games to shine in, though it's a really good sign if they manage it.

But if I had not heard a bit of what this game was about from TotalBiscuit, during last weeks podcast, before I watched Jim have a go at it, I'm not sure if I'd have been as intrigued.

Then again it sure looked pretty, and the astronaut bit might have been confusing enough to spark interest, I guess.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kerethos said:
Squirty plays aren't really a format for the games to shine in, though it's a really good sign if they manage it.
That's sort of my thing. That it even got my attention is something. I often just tune out of the video if it's something I'm not interested in. This one kind of kept me interested, to the point I was still watching when the astronaut showed up. I don't know if I can explain it, though.

Also, yeah, it is quite pretty.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Kerethos said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kerethos said:

But if I had not heard a bit of what this game was about from TotalBiscuit, during last weeks podcast, before I watched Jim have a go at it, I'm not sure if I'd have been as intrigued.

Then again it sure looked pretty, and the astronaut bit might have been confusing enough to spark interest, I guess.
Dunno if you caught his stream, but Totalbiscuit did one of Ethan Carter for his Axiom GOG deal. http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/5164947 for curiosity's sake. And if you'd like more of TB's view.

To the game itself? It kills my computer something awful to play even on the lowest settings possible, but damn is the game beautiful even then. I definitely enjoy its light UI elements and supernatural murder mystery vibe.

CatLafitte

Aug 29, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
Kerethos said:

You should try the game "999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors" on the Nintendo DS. At least 80% of the game is dialogue, and the rest is solving simple puzzles. Yet it's a truly brilliant game in every way. The story is so intense and the character's so awesome that it sucks you in and refuse to let go. You don't need to run around shooting stuff to make a good game. :)

But ignoer the sequel (Virtue's Last Reward). It's not bad, but 999 is by far the better game.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
was interested when i saw it on steam. but im busy with other titles so i just wait until its on sale. good to hear its worth it tho.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
InsanityRequiem said:
Dunno if you caught his stream, but Totalbiscuit did one of Ethan Carter for his Axiom GOG deal. http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/c/5164947 for curiosity's sake. And if you'd like more of TB's view.
I did not, so thank you for pointing me that way. I'll go have a look right now.

Edit: How did I end up quoting the wrong person? o_O Fixed now.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Note to self; look up once in a while whilst operating the forum with one hand, powered by narcotics grade painkillers and cola.

I feel like lessons were learned here. Take note humanity, take note.