The Wacky World of Titanfall: Waiting To Kill Godot

Mister Chippy

Jun 12, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
I remember saying that I would wait for Titanfall to go on sale before buying...

Then I remember it's Origin only, there will NEVER be a sale for it!

Otherwise, those initializing issues don't sound too flattering...but I wanna use a robot to hit shit!
Then play Hawken. It's what I'm doing while praying to GabeN to share his sale granting magic with EA.

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
So, I guess if I ever play Titanfall I'll grab the RustCohle handle and just constantly scream, "FLAT CIRCLE!!!" into the mic ...

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Really? Haven't checked Origin in ages, might actually take a look.

Also, not bashing EA (although to be fair, its fairly easy to do) its just I remember Origin always being Steam without the discounts.
With Origin sales they just don't go as low as what Steam might and they aren't as frequent due to having less games. It reminds me of Steam sales when they were just starting because they didn't have access to a large library either.

My only complaint is that it feels hard to navigate the Origin store to see what is on sale or not unless you are looking for that specific game (unless its an EA game).

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
I remember saying that I would wait for Titanfall to go on sale before buying...

Except that one time when Origin was cleaned for thousands of dollars with a replicating free game promotion. That was a thing. Good times.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I liked the second strip better than the first. The first one, though, who's the joke on there? Titanfall itself? The other webcomics about video games that Grey mentioned in that blurb on the bottom? It kind of sucks the fun out of shooting each other with giant mechsuits.
Vrach said:
I'm guessing you're poking fun at CAD... I kinda like both, CAD's might be the default weird video game gameplay mechanic joke, but:
a) I haven't seen it in a long time seeing as many video game comics have largely stopped being about video games (*cough* PVP *cough*)
b) Punchline was genuinely funny. I mean it's the sort of joke I can imagine my mate saying if there was actually a player there making choices about who to give Titans to :p

We still have Penny Arcade.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Falterfire said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

Uh... I know bashing EA is the cool thing and all, but EA finally got Origin on the sale train well over a year ago. If previous games like Battlefield 4 and Need For Speed: Rivals are anything to go off of you should be able to grab Titanfall for 50% off within a month or two either from Amazon or Origin itself.

Also, not bashing EA (although to be fair, its fairly easy to do) its just I remember Origin always being Steam without the discounts.
One of the (few) traits of living in this lovely country (Mexico), is that EA's prices in Origin are pretty low by default, Titanfall was at $500 MXN (around $38 USD) in pre-order, I wouldn't doubt it'd go lower from there.

Lhianon

Aug 28, 2011
at least planetside and planetside 2 had an explaination for killing each other over and over... which, however, spawned a meme in the community by which anything strange was explained away with nanites...

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Oh god it's out, I'm gonna have to scrape together what cash I can find under the couch soon. Time for my furniture to pay it's rent.

TizzytheTormentor said:

I suggest you try Kinguin.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Titanfall would be a horribly boring game if you just got your mech instantly and played it full time. So basically last mech standing.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Falterfire said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

Uh... I know bashing EA is the cool thing and all, but EA finally got Origin on the sale train well over a year ago. If previous games like Battlefield 4 and Need For Speed: Rivals are anything to go off of you should be able to grab Titanfall for 50% off within a month or two either from Amazon or Origin itself.

Yeah, it gets sales now. I finally reinstalled Origin (deleted it initially after the BF3 beta ended) a few weeks ago because there was a sale on the entire Battlefield franchise. Which ordinarily wouldn't be enough for me to buy in (heck, I had a bunch of Origin codes I hadn't bothered to redeem thanks to that Humble Bundle a while back), except my reaction was "Holy Shit, you can still buy Battlefield 2142? And it's $5 right now?" Instant buy. I had scoured the internet for the stupid game just a year or two earlier, and been unable to find anything but used hard copies on Amazon and Ebay.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
TizzytheTormentor said:

Ahem.

Here you go. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132853-Titanfall-Release-Day-Deals-10-Off-in-US-29-Off-in-UK]

You're welcome.

Triality

May 9, 2011
Hey I think I get that second strip's joke! I hear Titanfall was going to have this thing called "multiplayer." What ever became of that?

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Well I first caved and installed origin when I got Dead Space 3 in a Humble Bundle. Grabbed a few Origin games for good prices in Amazon's winter sale, well, Mass Effect Trilogy for $9.99 and I think it was $5 for Crysis 3.

So good sales for origin do happen... rarely... on Amazon. (I think the Humble Bundle is very much a one-off).