THE WAITING, THE ENDLESS WAITING!

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Reminds me of the wait for Fighting is Magic until the C&D. Not going into the C&D itself and I do ask others not to derail this topic with it, but it was quite the wait for a rare fighting game that I actually had interest in, not only due to ze poniez but for seeming like more than a mindless button masher that still was simple enough to pick up and play for a complete novice like myself and the people that I know. Refused to play the leak too, so I waited longer than some others.

Also, Battlefront 3. I will never forget waiting for that for years on end just to watch my hopes steadily wither away, just to find out years after I completely gave up on it that allegedly LucasArts actively sabotaged the game. Fuck LucasArts with an alchohol-soaked cactus on fire.

Mar 30, 2010
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
You need a licence to buy booze? No offence OP but what hellhole of a country do you live in?!
England. It's a provisional drivers license which is also one of the main forms of ID/proof of age here.
Ah, driving licence. Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by 'licence'. As a UK resident too, can I suggest using your passport (accepted proof of age) or one of those Prove It 18 cards you can pick up at newsagents? There's no need to worry about rejections from those, you're either old enough or you aren't. Of the two I'd recommend the Prove It card, because getting drunk whilst in possession of your passport can lead to unexpected complications. :)

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
Try some meditation - sit down with your back nice and strait with your hands on your lap. Focus on your breath. Feel your breath go in and out of your lungs. Every time that you find your mind wandering just recognize that it is happening, remind yourself that the thoughts you are having are just thoughts, and gently draw your mind back to your breath.

:)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
You need a licence to buy booze? No offence OP but what hellhole of a country do you live in?!
England. It's a provisional drivers license which is also one of the main forms of ID/proof of age here.
Ah, driving licence. Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by 'licence'. As a UK resident too, can I suggest using your passport (accepted proof of age) or one of those Prove It 18 cards you can pick up at newsagents? There's no need to worry about rejections from those, you're either old enough or you aren't. Of the two I'd recommend the Prove It card, because getting drunk whilst in possession of your passport can lead to unexpected complications. :)
Well, I used to use a citizencard. However, some people never accepted it, and now most people around here have stopped entirely. Never heard of anyone rejecting a drivers licence for ID. Unless it's fucking ancient, of course. Really fucking ancient.

Mar 30, 2010
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Well, I used to use a citizencard. However, some people never accepted it, and now most people around here have stopped entirely. Never heard of anyone rejecting a drivers licence for ID. Unless it's fucking ancient, of course. Really fucking ancient.
No, you're right there. Driver's licences and Passports are the two 'absolute' proofs of age, but I'm surprised to hear that some places have stopped accepting other forms of ID. Mind you, I'm one of the haggard few who have never been ID'd, even when I was only fourteen (and yes, I can feel your hate). Well I sincerely hope your approval comes through in a timely fashion, and until that time count yourself lucky that you look young enough to be ID'd!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
No, you're right there. Driver's licences and Passports are the two 'absolute' proofs of age, but I'm surprised to hear that some places have stopped accepting other forms of ID. Mind you, I'm one of the haggard few who have never been ID'd, even when I was only fourteen (and yes, I can feel your hate). Well I sincerely hope your approval comes through in a timely fashion, and until that time count yourself lucky that you look young enough to be ID'd!
Heh, I look about 14 without my goddamn beard. And even with it I still get ID'd.

Of course, the thing that sucks is that I feel about 40.

Thanks anyways.

luccadeas

Jan 28, 2011
It looks as though there is another Gimli fan among us.
Personally, I deal with waiting by getting other smaller things. Like the latest update on a webcomic, the newest video on your favorite YouTube Channel, or doing something with instant gratification. Playing video games and generally getting your mind off of things helps.

Mar 30, 2010
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Doclector said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Heh, I look about 14 without my goddamn beard. And even with it I still get ID'd.

Of course, the thing that sucks is that I feel about 40.

Thanks anyways.
No bother, pal.

And if I may offer a final parting piece of advice - I'm 32 but still make time a couple of times a week to dick about like I was 22 again. Responsibilities will always make us feel older than we are, the trick to dealing with it is to set aside a few hours a week to regress. I know that sounds a bit preachy, and I feel a bit dirty for saying it like that, but it's true.

Have a good 'un fella.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I spent 7 and a half years waiting for the fourth Sly Cooper game. The wait is over now, but still, lots of hype building done in that time.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
The last two Coheed albums come to mind. One was released 2 days before my birthday and the other was released 3 weeks ago.
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2012

After hearing that, try waiting 8 months for the album to drop, only to hear that it's on their next album, which drops in another 4 months.

Unfortunately the last album didn't live up to the hype, and to me is their weakest album thus far. I still like them though, but seriously... That song gave me such an ear boner.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Still waiting on Starbound.
Missed two estimations flat out, so at this stage I'm guessing it'll land around June.

...And then it'll get pushed back to August..then finally September.
Because good games launching in the summer are a myth. -_-

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm pretty impatient as a rule. I think I've gotten a little better as I've gotten older, but I still suck at waiting in general.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Waiting...
Waiting...
Waiting...

Sorry, couldn't resist channeling Pink Floyd. :p

I cannot for the life of me wait in the DMV. For those of you who don't live in the States, DMV stands for the Department of Motor Vehicles. Such a boring place.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
No Doctor Who until April. No MLP until at least 6 months. No Warped Tour for me until August. No spring break until the week after next.

-twitch-

I'm not a big fan of waiting.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Depends on what I'm waiting for, if I know how long I have to wait for a thing to happen then I have an easier time dealing with it. Things being late is what pisses me off to no end, when someone says they'll meet you at a certain time and then they're either late or they don't show up at all without contacting you to let you know what's going on, that really gets on my tits.

citrusfr00t

Apr 29, 2010
Waiting to hear back from some college's I applied too-----check that mailbox everyday, and man is this wait brutal D:

Mar 9, 2010
I'm currently waiting to get an Irish KCCO. They're unbelievably elusive and Saint Patrick's Day won't be the same without one. The problem is that I'm officially in uni until 6 and they go on sale at 5. They might be going for 10, 20 minutes tops, and I'm breaking down planning how I'll get one.

Things are looking good though, I might have an early finish.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
As each day passes, Bioshock Infinite approaches closer and closer. But MAN, is it taking its damn time.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
Hm, if your entire social life rests on booze, you may be doing it wrong.

As for the actual topic, I dont mind waiting if I got something to do. Having literaly nothing to do however is agony, only thing worse is having nothing to do while waiting on something you realy dont want (detist...)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Groenteman said:
Hm, if your entire social life rests on booze, you may be doing it wrong.

As for the actual topic, I dont mind waiting if I got something to do. Having literaly nothing to do however is agony, only thing worse is having nothing to do while waiting on something you realy dont want (detist...)
Not really, more on getting into places where they sell booze.

But I do like getting drunk.