The Walking Dead "Slabtown" - The Sound Of The Police

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Spider RedNight said:
(My opinion is not popular opinion but forums exist for a reason and I regret nothing by disliking Beth)
Actually most people couldn't even remember Beth's name prior to the second half of Season 4, myself included. The only thing she did in Season 2 was try to commit suicide just to pad that episode, and her summary of contributions in Season 3 is take basic care of the baby in the background. I'm surprised she's not dead, given she had less lines than T-Dog did in Season 2 and, even though he died only a few episodes in, in Season 3 as well.
Hell, I'M surprised she's not dead. She's virtually the most useless member of the team, excluding Judith who's an infant but somehow less whiny.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
At some point, I should really watch this series. I live where it's filmed and based. It would be kind of cool to see landmarks I know. And I know I've been to Grady on a few occasions. I heard they once shut down I-75 to film an episode. It probably improved traffic, honestly.

Jan 12, 2012
Deimir said:
RossaLincoln said:
What? No way! I totally didn't see that coming after you ****ing gave it away two weeks ago!

Seriously, this is like giving a review of Game Of Thrones season 3 and sticking Dance With Dragons spoilers at the end.
I hope that someone did mention to him that the spoiler from the comics was a not-great thing to do, so he used a spoiler warning this time around. Better, but not perfect (especially cause it wasn't flagged as a spoiler from the comic, but just as a general spoiler, so people might think it was a TV show spoiler).

Anyways, I liked the episode, but Beth's hardassness was undercut by her escape plan. She's a veteran of survival out in the world, you'd think she would have a better plan than "climb down a rope with no weapons (she only stole the handgun due to convenience), supplies, or even decent clothes, and head out into a heavily infected area that has already likely been scraped clean of anything useful by the hospital." Delay a few days, plot out a route and get a couple of backpacks with food, water, weapons, and other stuff, and maybe even plan to steal a car.[footnote]Sure, it leaves her with Rapey McCop a few days more, but it greatly increases her odds of survival outside, and she is tough and ruthless enough to probably handle him if she needed to.[/footnote] As it was, I thought that it was lucky for her that the hospital people captured her before she ran out in the city proper, got nowhere fast, and ended her story as an entree.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Inside, she finds the young woman from earlier, dead on the floor next to a pair of scissors, apparently having been murdered only minutes before. Beth rifles through Dawn's files and finds the key she needs, but Gorman barges in just in time to catch her in the act."

Someone already pointed out it was a clear suicide. In the main bad guy her office, with FUCK YOU carved into the floor next to her corpse and the fatal wound being the same cut that was amputated.

I am not too sure, but to me it looked a lot like a bite wound at the start. Nou doubt about it practically, because it was not serious enough to just amputate otherwise...

Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, another good episode. Although I am a lot less critical of this show than you are. I don't happen to be bothered much by people doing stupid things. That's just what people do.

I thought it was totally clear that Amber killed herself. She cut herself up in Dawn's office so that she would turn in there and eat Dawn the next time she came in. Perfect revenge.