The War Z Picks Up A Brand New Title

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
Starke said:
Ruley said:
I think you guys have gotten confused with all the people throwing around the word lawsuit about hosting the game on steam in the first place. all the problems etc..

but i don't deny the grounding you have in believing a lawsuit could be in the works between the movie and unrelated game of similar name. And for all we know, one might be behind closed doors!
No, again, there was a trademark suit filed against Hammerpoint, because "War Z" was too close to the production company's filing for "World War Z", which included trademark filings for the inevitable shitty tie in games. If you really want, I can go dig up some news articles regarding it.
I know you're not inferring this but i'm not petty, i can hold my hands up and say i honestly didn't know and i had a quick google myself only to find people's outrage at the game resulting in the use of the word lawsuit rather than seeing any news on talks between the developer and movie producers. but if indeed a lawsuit took place, sounds good to me!

Cheers for the correction!