The wars...soo annoying...

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
I've been browsing though comments on gametrailers.com and felt compelled to write an "angry" post on a more...cultured forum.

It's been an annoyance for me, under each and every game trailer/preview/gameplay/etc. from YouTube to Gametrailers - the PC vs Consoles wars.

Under every movie the "fanboys" of both platforms brawl speaking not why my fav is better, but how the other sucks balls. I'm a PC player mainly and if someone likes the games I play on their consoles better, well good for them. I'm happy for ya. Exclusives on consoles? Yey for you...I have plenty of them on the PC too, not to mention all the classic games I loved years back. So yey me.
That's the thing, both platforms have their pros and cons. I personally don't see the point in arguing which is better. But it seem that the Internet's hatred level has to be constant and so people troll.
I often read those wars and do a facepalm when I see all the stupidity. Both kinds of stupidity:
- those who troll and have nothing better to do with their lives.
- those who fall for it and keep on insisting to dispute with the trolls.

So my message of peace is this:
Shut the f*** up and enjoy your games on whatever plafrom you like and let other people enjoy theirs on whatever they like...is that so hard?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
So your giving the fanboys on Gametrailers information by posting it here...?

Makes sense to me too... - there has seemingly been a decrease in console fanboys on these forums. Still a number of PC elitists, but then again the vast majority on here are elitists...

Although I certainly agree with the line about the morons that claim insulting trolls with somehow get rid of them...

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Trolls and flame wars don't bother much, but you know what does? The exclusive games for consoles, because i don't have xbox or ps3.
Make games for everyone, you game developer trolls!

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
D_987 said:
So your giving the fanboys on Gametrailers information by posting it here...?
Not really, I would post it there, but then I would just feed the flames and that I didn't want. Plus it was more "omg I have to say that to someone" type of post rather than " listen already" ;)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Congratulations, you're a worthy human being.

You've established the common sense which so many other lack, and therefore I present to you the cookie of eternal significance.

Rock Beefchest

Dec 20, 2008
There have been a marked decrease in fanboyism when it comes to consoles as of late. But that is probably just a lull in that particular storm.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Ryuk2 said:
Trolls and flame wars don't bother much, but you know what does? The exclusive games for consoles, because i don't have xbox or ps3.
Make games for everyone, you game developer trolls!
Someone doesnt understand capitolism.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Azahiel said:
I've been browsing though comments on gametrailers.com and felt compelled to write an "angry" post on a more...cultured forum.

It's been an annoyance for me, under each and every game trailer/preview/gameplay/etc. from YouTube to Gametrailers - the PC vs Consoles wars.

Under every movie the "fanboys" of both platforms brawl speaking not why my fav is better, but how the other sucks balls. I'm a PC player mainly and if someone likes the games I play on their consoles better, well good for them. I'm happy for ya. Exclusives on consoles? Yey for you...I have plenty of them on the PC too, not to mention all the classic games I loved years back. So yey me.
That's the thing, both platforms have their pros and cons. I personally don't see the point in arguing which is better. But it seem that the Internet's hatred level has to be constant and so people troll.
I often read those wars and do a facepalm when I see all the stupidity. Both kinds of stupidity:
- those who troll and have nothing better to do with their lives.
- those who fall for it and keep on insisting to dispute with the trolls.

So my message of peace is this:
Shut the f*** up and enjoy your games on whatever plafrom you like and let other people enjoy theirs on whatever they like...is that so hard?
This, I like. It makes rational sense.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Allow me to ask you a question, if gametrailers bother you so much, than shouldn't you just stop visting the site? Or better yet vist the site but stay away from the comments.

On the other hand fanboys will be fanboys, and you aren't the first person to try and talk sense into them, even if you did tell the wrong forum site. However your safe here, the gametrailer fan boys won't bother you any more.

Ammadessi

Oct 6, 2009
Now now OP, you're expecting video game fans and the internet to be mature and rational. I don't know if you got the memo, but the internet isn't a very mature place.

Trolls are not unique to video gaming forums, read any blog, bbs or youtube comment and some genius with no time on their hands has decided to make a name like HITLERWUZRITE and troll their boring little heads off. It's griefing without having to play a game, bullying without having to get detention.

Now when it comes to people who are just fanatical about their consoles, I simply don't get it. I have an Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, decent gaming rig and a bit of disposable income so I play what games I want, on which system I want, and I don't whine about it.

Obviously not everyone can afford that much, but what's in it for you to tell me that the Wii is crap? I genuinely enjoy playing Mario Kart, Raving Rabbids and House of the Dead with my roommates, both of which are not gamers. So what's in it for you to attack the system if you don't like it? I have a Zune but you don't see me trolling on the offical Apple forum.

Maybe it's just because I have this live and let live mentality towards people with different opinions that trolling seems so pointless and stupid. Maybe it's because I'm not generally an asshat; who knows?

But all in all, ignore the console war people and play what you want to play, post where you want to post, and do what you want to do. It's not as if trolls mean anything in the great scheme of things. Eventually they'll grow up and get a clue if they want people to take them seriously.

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
Rock Beefchest said:
There have been a marked decrease in fanboyism when it comes to consoles as of late. But that is probably just a lull in that particular storm.
Maybe between the consoles, especiall because most of the games that come out on the 360 comes out on PS3 and there is little difference between them. Still, whenever a Wii title is reviewed you can hear the "Wii sux" squirms.
The most recent war is between PC and consoles (PS3, 360) in general.

knight of some random number said:
Allow me to ask you a question, if gametrailers bother you so much, than shouldn't you just stop visting the site? Or better yet vist the site but stay away from the comments.
It's sometimes amusing to read their rants, especially if they make no sense at all or when someone tries to use logical arguments but fails at videogame history (that would be the PC guys) :)
But there are limits...

I'll number the paragraphs :D

Ammadessi said:
1. Now now OP, you're expecting video game fans and the internet to be mature and rational. I don't know if you got the memo, but the internet isn't a very mature place.

2. Trolls are not unique to video gaming forums, read any blog, bbs or youtube comment and some genius with no time on their hands has decided to make a name like HITLERWUZRITE and troll their boring little heads off. It's griefing without having to play a game, bullying without having to get detention.

3. Now when it comes to people who are just fanatical about their consoles, I simply don't get it. I have an Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, decent gaming rig and a bit of disposable income so I play what games I want, on which system I want, and I don't whine about it.

4. Obviously not everyone can afford that much, but what's in it for you to tell me that the Wii is crap? I genuinely enjoy playing Mario Kart, Raving Rabbids and House of the Dead with my roommates, both of which are not gamers. So what's in it for you to attack the system if you don't like it? I have a Zune but you don't see me trolling on the offical Apple forum.

5. Maybe it's just because I have this live and let live mentality towards people with different opinions that trolling seems so pointless and stupid. Maybe it's because I'm not generally an asshat; who knows?

6. But all in all, ignore the console war people and play what you want to play, post where you want to post, and do what you want to do. It's not as if trolls mean anything in the great scheme of things. Eventually they'll grow up and get a clue if they want people to take them seriously.
1. Oh, yeah...so true. I can't expect that, because its impossible. But sometimes I feel that a LITTLE common sense would be a nice touch here and there...thank God for The Escapist ;p

2. Words of wisdom... I often see on news portals that each and every piece of news can be turned into a political brawl between "fanboys" of the 2 biggest parties in my country. The theme of the news is irrelevant. It's like those soccer "fans" who beat eachother after the game for no reason, but with words, stupid words...

3. OMG. Please share XD

And the rest needs no further comment, amen.

Ammadessi

Oct 6, 2009
Azahiel said:
-snippity snip-

3. OMG. Please share XD
I should say that I HAD disposable income. After buying all those systems I'm not exactly rolling in it now. XD

Vianyte

Jan 10, 2009
Let the fools fight over their bread

At least, i think thats how the saying goes...