The Week in Review - Limbo Big Planet and Flash Fried Graphics Cards

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review - Limbo Big Planet and Flash Fried Graphics Cards

In this week's edition, StarCraft 2 fights - and beats - your computer, and zombie Jackson has danced his last dance.

Limbo Comes to PS3 ... Sort of

Capcom is reaching into its back catalogue and unleashing Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike as a downloadable title. It's not going to be a straight port either, as producer Yoshinoro Ono said that Capcom is taking suggestions for features that gamers might like to see in the game. While perhaps not as well known - or as well loved - as its older sibling Street Fighter II, 3rd Strike still has a ton of fans, and let's face it, more 2D fighters is hardly a bad thing. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102356-Street-Fighter-III-Coming-to-a-Live-Arcade-Near-You])

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I'm still kind of bummed over that Plants vs. Zombies thing, but oh well. I guess that's just the way it goes.

I've never played Street Fighter III, so that should be interesting. Now I'll finally get to see why Capcom tends to hide that entry, and just show everyone Street Fighter II (and, recently, IV).

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
I wonder how long that LBP thing will be up before its pulled for pretty much infringing limbo completely?

ahh lbp the game without a soul or playability of its own it has to borrow from others, I still find the most entertaining stuff made on lbp to be copied from other games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Real glad the SC2 problem was found fast...heh, but if it happened to me wouldnt have been happy!

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Why is everyone so butt hurt about the Limbo thing? Its more of an homage and a watered down experience for PS3 owners than an actual rip-off. YES WE KNOW ITS NOT AS GOOD AS THE ACTUAL LIMBO. Now please shut and enjoy or don't play it.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
WilliamRLBaker said:
I wonder how long that LBP thing will be up before its pulled for pretty much infringing limbo completely?
Well, it's a fan-made level that's completely free, so it won't be pulled. Keep in mind that the level takes about 5 minutes to complete, whereas Limbo is a 3-5 hour game. It's not like they completely took the game and made it into an enormous LittleBigPlanet level; they just paid homage to it in a single level using the game's aesthetics.