The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

In this week's edition: Nintendo wins January, Azeroth grinds to a halt, the Muppets make us laugh, 2k Marin weighs in on faboyism, and Fallout: New Vegas gets hardcore.

Wii Still Leads the Pack in the U.S.

Does having to keep track of thirst and the weight of ammunition sound like a lot of fun? If so, you might enjoy the new hardcore mode in Fallout: New Vegas, which adds a touch more realism to the proceedings. Also coming in the latest addition to the Fallout universe are skill-based conversation options and unique special attacks for every melee weapon. Probably the biggest draw for New Vegas however, is that it is made by the same people who made the first two Fallout games, and that's an impressive pedigree.

(link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98147-Fallout-New-Vegas-Boasts-Hardcore-Mode])

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
What a good week it has been. For those who haven't seen the Muppet video, well,

[HEADING=2]REMEDY THAT![/HEADING]

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I saw the F:NV "hardcore mode" announcement in Ausir's blog over at the Vault wiki and I must admit, it instantly makes the game 30% more appealing. It was already as good as guaranteed I was going to buy it, what with me being a big Fallout fan and all, but J.E. Sawyer and friends look to be taking the franchise in a truly awesome direction.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The Fallout things looks like it will certainly keep things intresting, lol

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Skill based options in conversation is hardly new to the Fallout universe? As far as I know all the games have dialogue options based on a skill (eg Speech).

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for the Muppet link. I'm still crying manly tears of laughter. x'D

Baggie

Sep 3, 2009
I'm just going to flat out confess that last time I played fallout 3 I was looking for those particular features in mod form. So that's nice.