The Weirdest Anime you have ever seen?

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Hey Escapist!! I have a question I'd love to hear some your answers for;

What is the weirdest anime you all have ever seen. When I mean weird, I mean out of the ordinary and just plane messed up.

Me? Oh is this an easy question...

FLCL. The story is weird, the characters are messed up, and the ending song is just plane weird.

But, I love it. It's amazing and so freakin random. One of my favorite animes of all time.

What about yours escapist? Your weirdest anime?

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Well I've seen a few episodes of Bobobobobobobo. That seems like a very weird anime.

MonocleClaire

Sep 21, 2010
Richardplex said:
MonocleClaire said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Damn it, ninja'd. But wait...
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Now I can at least pretend to be original.
The fact that someone else has watched and (presumably) enjoyed that anime fills me with fangirlish joy. SO WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Hmm...probably Beelzebub, One Piece, and Bobobobo...bo...bobo...however many bos are in there...

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
DearS.

I watched it on a dare. I'm still convinced that it is an elobrate joke on animre fandom. Ragardless, it further cemented my distain for anime as a whole.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
CURSE YOU GUY WHO ALREADY SAID PUNI PUNI POEMI!!!
For recent, Nichijou
<youtube=D5bOJT_HtUI>
for older series
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan
<youtube=2vBUaGP7L3w>
For insane premise I'll have to go with Akikan!, basic plot: Soda cans turn into girls and fight to the death to decide which is superior, aluminum or steel.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fbuh said:
Puni Puni Poemi...yeah...
Haven't seen it personally, but I've heard... things about it.

OT: Paranoia Agent, probably... the intro just added to the weirdness.

Actually, most of Satoshi Kon's stuff is weird...

More recently, though, Level E.

EDIT:

Drakmeire said:
For recent, Nichijou
I wouldn't call Nichijou weird... more 'random'.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
MonocleClaire said:
Richardplex said:
MonocleClaire said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Damn it, ninja'd. But wait...
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Now I can at least pretend to be original.
The fact that someone else has watched and (presumably) enjoyed that anime fills me with fangirlish joy. SO WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR.
Hold on, let me get a lawyer. I'll have a sore throat by the time I'd finish my hypothetical wish. But, for one that wouldn't be the superpower that I'd get from the wish *crosses off 90% of the list... and ponders for 10 minutes* the ability to enter the world of a story, be it game, book, tv series, to actually live in that story.

As for enjoying it, it's in my top 5, for it's animation, music, and thought-provocation. And it nearly made me cry at the end. Manly tears of course.

So, what would *You* wish for?
Drakmeire said:
C
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan
<youtube=2vBUaGP7L3w>.
My first anime series, Oh god the memories.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. The ending of the first season will cause your brains to leak out of your ears. You know this to be true:

PANTY AND STOCKING SPOILERS

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:
Eiken. Dear God, Freud would have a field day with all of that fanservice...
I saw That on Encore afew years back.

It was uttterly the most fuck up show I ever seen at the time.

Then I saw Panty and stocking.

Leemaster777 said:
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. The ending of the first season will cause your brains to leak out of your ears. You know this to be true:

PANTY AND STOCKING SPOILERS

Oh ho ho.

D-city Rock is this:

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think I've actually watched any really weird anime so ummm...
Elfin lied because that's more than a little messed up.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Depends on what you consider weird, really. I suppose I'd say Dead Leaves right now, but I'm sure I can do better with some thought. Time to go check the shelves...

edit: got a better one- SoulTaker. At least I knew what was going on in Dead Leaves. Also, honorable mention for the end of Melody of Oblivion. Specifically, the 'cows'. Oh man, that bit still gives me the creeps...

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I don't watch much anime, mainly because I find the whole thing weird. One particularly weird memory of anime I have was an un-dubbed episode of Soul Eater. Basically, we were at a friends house and 2 of us were playing Starcraft, and I pulled my headphones out to listen to what friends 3 and 4 were watching, and the first thing I See is some blonde screaming in Japanese before biting a guy on the scalp and licking it. I didn't see the buildup to this ( I think she was supposed to be possessed or something) but it was pretty wierd.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
CM156 said:
DearS.

I watched it on a dare. I'm still convinced that it is an elobrate joke on animre fandom. Ragardless, it further cemented my distain for anime as a whole.
I watched it in its entirety on a single friday and I actually enjoyed it.