The weirdest thing you bought just because...

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
So, I was just online looking for a quick way to burn a 25$ gift card to Hot Topic and I found a really cool, but dumb Paper watch. It was 5 bucks so I thought to my self "Fuck, why not?" Now I gotta wait a few days to see if it was worth it or not.
So, what's the weirdest thing that you've ever boughten just because you thought it was cool, interesting etc.?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I found this movie for $2.99 CDN and thought "why the hell not?"

Okamipsychonaut

Mar 30, 2010
A Pelican case to put my digital camera in...it did not work for that too well so now it is a glorified wallet and spare change holder....but should I go camping in a pressure changing, heat/cold environment, I would put my phone and mp3 player in it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Kortney said:
AvsJoe said:
I found this movie for $2.99 CDN and thought "why the hell not?"

Was it good?
Haven't seen it yet. Been meaning to, but I have over 200 DVDs I haven't watched yet, so it'll have to wait its turn.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I once walked into a store and found this scary jellyfish stuffed animal thing for a couple of bucks. I bought it because of the way it was looking at me, mesmerizing.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
A sonic grenade. You pull the pin and it emits a high pitched whining noise which doesn't stop until you clamp the handle.

Ok, this technically doesn't count because it wasn't a 'just because' purchase...we got it because my friend, Guy, had his girlfriend visiting and we thought it would be funny to interrupt his...antics, through sound.

It was.

Spy Killer

Feb 4, 2010
Well I didn't buy it, but you know what it was? It was this little Cocker Spaniel dog in a crate that my buddy had sent all the way from Texas. Black and White spotted. And my little girl-Tricia, the 6-year-old named it Checkers. And you know, the kids, like all kids, love the dog and I just want to say this right now, that regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
a hatake kakashi air freshener and a bad religion pin have traveled with me to every car i have owned since 2004. i consider both sound investments.

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
A blue foam fish with Yamaha on it, a 20-year-old can of Crisco, and a neon pink with neon green polka dots ceramic elephant all from the same yard sale.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
ranasan said:
I once got a crowbar at a yard sale just because it was only 50 cents.
It'll come in handy when the Combine invade. They built their equipment to protect from guns, not crowbars.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
A $100 Hello Kitty Toaster. Because someone told me of its existence, and the fact it puts a Hello Kitty face on each slice of toast. God I wish I was kidding, and this is why I don't do more than 5 night shifts in a row (this was after a streak of 12. Like, the 3 hours after).

Still, I must admit it was a mighty fine toaster.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
ranasan said:
I once got a crowbar at a yard sale just because it was only 50 cents.
It'll come in handy when the Combine invade. They built their equipment to protect from guns, not crowbars.
Was just going to say something like that!!! Anyway Barny wouldve given you one... but 50 cents is a sound investment!

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
Wuffykins said:
A $100 Hello Kitty Toaster. Because someone told me of its existence, and the fact it puts a Hello Kitty face on each slice of toast. God I wish I was kidding, and this is why I don't do more than 5 night shifts in a row (this was after a streak of 12. Like, the 3 hours after).

Still, I must admit it was a mighty fine toaster.
I want a toaster like this now. That sounds TOO amazing to exist

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
Ibanez887 said:
I want a toaster like this now. That sounds TOO amazing to exist
I know. There was a light in her bow that blinked and everything too! Should be cheaper nowadays though, as I got it 6-7 years ago.