The Western Frontier: An Episodic, Schizotech Science Fiction RP. (Started, closed)

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
Oazel was slightly taken aback by the crowd that met his gaze as he entered the Red Giant Cafe. Though it wasn't even close to peak business hours, there were people of virtually every size, shape, and color inhabiting the now cramped interior of the bar. Most of them looked like escaped convicts or big game hunters (or both). Several dark figures sat glowering in the shadows while a hulking brute was standing at the bar devouring a bowl of raw meat. Oazel noticed the android girl from the cab station being bothered by a large bald man who's cybernetic forearms seemed vaguely familiar.

Were all of these people here for the job offer? He'd expected a few recruits, but nowhere near this many. And so bizarre! With a flash of worry, Oazel considered whether he'd misinterpreted what exactly this operation was about. He'd been a bounty hunter for years and never encountered a group quite so outlandish.

With a quick apology Oazel moved out of the way of the doors to let some patrons in, while he scanned the room for a good place to situate himself. Eventually he made his way towards one end of the bar, where there sat two relatively normal-looking men; the tall one was wearing an old-fashioned suit and other was wearing what basically amounted to rags, but otherwise they appeared average. As he neared them he noted that by their stances they were both probably trained fighters, and probably here for the same reason he was. He offered them a brief smile as he set down his suitcase, rifle bag, and bundled-up NCONU, then slung the sword and sheath down off of his back and rubbed his shoulders, glad to be unburdened. The bartender approached as Oazel took a seat.

"Scotch, neat." As the bartender poured his drink Oazel leaned on the bar with his forearms crossed and let his hair fall down to the right, between him and the other patrons. Hopefully he'd get some peace.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
"Shteyt a bocher, shteyt un tracht,
tracht un tracht a gantze nacht.
Vemen tsu nemen un nit far shemen,
vemen tsu nemen un nit far shemen?"

Three sang and hummed to himself lightly as he strolled through the streets, a slight bounce in his step that reared itself in time to the tune on his lips. As irregular as this sort of work might have been, if nothing else, it was a new start of sorts, a great change from the norm. Three found it difficult to recall a time when he'd worked with a group of people all united by a single purpose. The work of a Preacher was rather lonely by nature, perpetually working for, but rarely working with. To work with someone, required the most basic sort of equality, the understanding that you fulfilled a need and were needed in turn. Three found such a concept reassuring, the thought of it appealing to the basic sense of rightness at his core. Even as Three continued to hum his little song, his mind churned onward on a number of other simultaneous tangents. Seven Steps in Seven Valleys, Sab'ah, as his colleagues called it, holding multiple threads of thought at once, processing data on multiple levels without pause, a useful mental trick for those who eschewed the typical neural hardware. Within one heartbeat, Three savored the words of the tune on his lips, at times hummed, at times sung, sometimes in common tongue, sometimes in the maternal perversion of the First Tongue. He found the contradiction implicit in such a song amusing. The words were youthful, silly things, lamenting at the pain of puppy love. Yet at the same time, the words were ancient things, born on a world humanity barely remembered.

" Tumbala, tumbala, tumbalalaika,
Tumbala, tumbala, tumbalalaika!
tumbalalaika, play Balalaika,
tumbalalaika - let us be merry!"

Yes, a lovely contradiction indeed, not unlike the sort Three was likely to find among this latest batch of compatriots. Bounty hunting was a strange sort of profession. There was a nobility in it of sorts, in this day and age at least, but pursuing the life of a bounty hunter for morality's sake alone smacked of an almost childish naivete, clinging on to a world of stark black and whites when grey was the only reliable shade. Of course, the world weary, bitter cynics were hardly any more mature than the starry-eyed dreamers. Such cynics claimed they were only trying to make a living, but in all the great and vasty verse, there were a number of ways to make a great deal of credits without running the risk of a premature stay in a casket. Someone who hunted for credits alone either wasn't terribly bright, or was more enamored with the adolescent thrills of the life style than he cared to let on. Three looked forward to this initial meeting in particular, a grand opportunity to meet veterans and rookies alike. Three would enjoy making his little observations, though he suspected he'd be keeping most of them to himself. After all, if you couldn't say anything nice, best to say nothing at all, sound advice that needed no scripture to back it.

" Meydl, meydl, ch'vel bay dir fregen,
Vos kan vaksn, vaksn on regn?
Vos kon brenen un nit oyfhern?
Vos kon benken, veynen on treren?

Maiden, maiden tell me again
What can grow, grow without rain?
What can burn for many years,
What can long and cry without tears?"

Three hummed on, closing what little distance remained between himself and the Red Giant Cafe in his almost dancing gait. He drew close to the odd bar's entrance, only to sidestep a cluster of young hooligans dragging their wailing, overly muscled friend between them. The ditty on Three's lips fell into an even lower register. Well well, now that sort of crying certainly had plenty of tears to share its company. The twin pools of black the preacher called eyes, flickered over the scene once. Observation: Subject heavily augmented, able to afford extensive synthetic muscle grafts, presence of cybernetic neural wetware likely. In immense pain, no signs of physical trauma, no visual or olfactory indicators of internal trauma via chemical or biological agent. Hands clutching ears, covering eyes, associates display no such indicators. Deduction: Most Probable. Localized sensory overload caused by disruption of neural software. My, my, had things dissolved into mischief already? That didn't recommend the discipline of these Blackheart hopefuls, but Three supposed that some concessions must be made, some behavior excused, beginnings were delicate times after all.

The universe was filled with wonders beyond counting, and in a lifetime of service to the Caliphate, Preacher Three had seen many of them, even killed a few. Yet even with a well of memory that ran deeper than most, Three was hard pressed to recall if he'd ever seen a menagerie quite like this.... The preacher paused at the Cafe's entrance for a long moment, eyes flickering over the assembled recruits, a warm if somewhat bemused smile lingering on his features. The gaze never lingered long, and perhaps that was for the best. Men didn't suffer well under eyes made empty all the better to drink in ones secrets. Three saw vixens, vipers, men dressed like hunters, men who looked little better than the beasts they hunted, and one man doing something very nearly obscene to a platter of raw meat. So... these were the ones he must minister to? These were the ones he must call brothers-in-arms for as long as the Blackhearts retained his contract? Excellent! There was definite need here, and Three did so hope to be needed. The moment passed, Three kept on humming, and stepped sprightly over to the bar.

"Narisher bocher, vos darfstu fregn?
A shteyn ken vaksn, vaksn on regn.
Libeh ken brenen un nit oyfhern.
A harts kon benkn, veynen on treren!

Silly young lad, why ask again?
It's a stone that can grow, grow without rain,
It's love that can burn for many long years,
A heart that can yearn and cry without tears!"

"Could I trouble you for a glass of ice water, good barkeep?" Three's voice was a gentle, lilting thing, easily ignored in the hustle and bustle of an establishment with so many unexpected patrons. Truth be told, the bartender would've ignored him entirely if the preacher's gaze hadn't pinned him to the wall. The man poured Three's drink with quick, nervous movements, his hands trembling ever so slightly as he laid the glass in front of the odd humming man.

"No trouble at all, Father, and no charge," Three smiled at the man. This one was not one of the Faithful, as that was not the proper form of address, but at least he was polite. The preacher nodded slightly and looked away from the man, breaking the gaze. It was perhaps the greatest kindness he could offer in this particular moment. Three swiveled about in his seat, leaning back against the bar casually and settling in to watch the workings of this queer little carnival unfold. All the while the soft humming persisted, a low, barely audible thing, Three's foot tapping along in time. Oh yes, this could prove a wonderful beginning indeed.

"Tumbala, tumbala, tumbalalaika,
Tumbala, tumbala, tumbalalaika
tumbalalaika, shpiel balalaika
tumbalalaika - freylach zol zayn!"

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
The Red Giant Café, the small yet rather popular bar that Gira had reserved the conference room in, was unusually crowded, with countless customers fighting for any surface to sit on or to set down their drinks. The manager was content with the business, as he had expected many to be out voting or watching the politicians' debate at home, but the crowd was beginning to make him anxious. Further aiding to the manager's discomfort, the bounty hunters in the crowd were putting the regular patrons on edge, the whole establishment having become a powder keg, one which could be set off with the most minimal amount of effort. This many men, armed with blades, pistols and cybernetics, in a confined space always, without fail, led to a brawl.

He motioned towards some of the bouncers, drawing a revolver from underneath the counter, before retreating into his office to avoid the inevitable bloodbath. The hired muscle quickly, though reluctantly, prepared to charge the unruly crowd with weapons of their own, but few actually considered getting to close to the bounty-hunters, especially the highly augmented monstrosity that towered above the rest of the crowd. The owner prayed that their employer would arrive soon.

It was then, moments before things took a turn for the worst that the door to the tavern swung open, and a large, burly cyborg stepped in, a scowl stricken across his face. He stood in the doorframe, beads of sweat rolling down his brow, and began barking orders at the crowd.

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Gira started, snarling. "You?re supposed to be professionals, so why the fuck am I getting calls from the owner of this dump about you guys acting like a bunch of fucking monkeys, scaring the staff and screwing with the patrons!??

"Unwind a bit, will you?" Nerin started, following closely behind his boss. "It's your fault for not reserving a docking space. If we weren't late, we could've avoided this whole mess."

"Hiener's the pilot, blame him!"

"Yeah, whatever, it's still your ship."

"Screw you, at least I'm sober."

"We're in a bar and you're proud of being sober?"

Nerin chuckled to himself, then turned to face the crowd. He was more than impressed with the diversity that his soon to be coworkers offered the company, although he felt that the swarm of bounty hunters failed to meet Gira's standards of professionalism and poise. Nevertheless, he was ultimately satisfied with the turnout, even if the unit was a bit rough.

"Alright, everyone, listen up!" Nerin exclaimed, his hands clapping together in an attempt to garner some attention. "The boss has something important to say, so all eyes on him."

"I'm not going to repeat myself," Gira started, a deep, guttural sigh escaping his mechanical lungs, "so if you miss something, you're not getting a second chance until I'm done with this lecture."

"Chances are if you're here, it's due to one of three things, either you're suicidal, broke or dumb. Whatever it is, I don't give a shit, you're all good to the team in one way or another, even if the role you happen to be filling is just another meat shield, but the good majority of you look fairly competent, if a bit slow, so I doubt you're going to be six feet under any time soon. But, considering we're hunting down some high profile criminals, I wouldn't count on you making it out alive without any visible damages, if at all."

"Anyway, if you want to come, we've got a few rules to follow. Number one, if we catch you stealing from our supplies, we're tossing you out the airlock without a suit. Number two, insubordination will be treated in a similar fashion. Finally, do not kill the people we're going after unless ordered to, we can't make any money if we hand in a dead crook, more likely than not that'll put a bounty on your head, and believe me when I say I won't have any second thoughts about handing you over to the police and using that money on myself."

Gira paused, took a long, deep breath, then continued. "That's all there is to it, if you didn't like what you just heard, I advise getting the hell out. Any questions? If not, excellent, the quicker we rap this up the quicker we can get moving."

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Just means they are inexperienced and to used to being the most dangerous thing in the mile. They should learn, as long as they live."

Sil stifled a chuckle. "Please...I've met more dangerous things while taking a shit. He looked all big and scary." She said, her voice thick with sarcasm. "But if things 'touched off' he'd be fighting to be the first one out the door."

"Was it you're a good hacker, or he was an idiot and had crappy security?"

"Oh Airm..." She replied with a wolfish grin, her blank eyes and pale features, adding an otherworldly touch to things. "Both. I am very good at what I do, and he was a dumb as they get. His neural augs were running in the clear, and while he did have a barrier, it was so old any script kiddie who's out of diapers could've cracked it." The sheer contempt for such a lack of security was thick in her voice. Further conversation was interrupted by shouting from the bar's entrance.

"Everyone shut the fuck up! You're supposed to be professionals, so why the fuck am I getting calls from the owner of this dump about you guys acting like a bunch of fucking monkeys, scaring the staff and screwing with the patrons!?"

"Ah." She said softly to Airm. "This must be my new employer." Sil sat quietly and finished her food and beer while Gira spoke. Granted he sounds like he's got a support column shoved up his ass, but he's got be better than that last asshole. Seeing as her table had a terminal built into it she paid her bill, with a legitimate credit chit, then stood. "Just one question boss." She called out. "Where's she docked?"

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
"Where's she docked?"

"Eh, roughly a mile out from here." Gira responded, turning to face the hacker. "We're actually parked rather close to the police station where Ulmin Zaar is giving his speech this evening which means there's a sizable amount of security patrolling the docks. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this, though all the checkpoints mean getting to the ship is going to be a *****."

"Anyone else have a question?" Nerin said, calmly. "Or should we just get going? We've got to go over everyone's payment plan and paperwork before we can start hunting. There are going to be some of you who, err, get paid better than others, just throwing that out there."

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Please...I've met more dangerous things while taking a shit. He looked all big and scary. But if things 'touched off' he'd be fighting to be the first one out the door.

Smiling slightly and chuckling Airm leans back in his chair.
"I would have to agree with you. People like that talk big but have a bad habit of falling short in actions."

Looking over as some people barge in and start yelling at the masses in the bar Airm turns in his seat and looks at them as they go over a few points and throw in a few insults into the mix, but nothing harsh enough to get angry at.

"Anyone else have a question? Or should we just get going? We've got to go over everyone's payment plan and paperwork before we can start hunting. There are going to be some of you who, err, get paid better than others, just throwing that out there."
Slapping the table with his hand Airm speaks up as he stands and grabs his pack from the floor next to his chair.

"Who will be getting the greater share of the pay? is it because of their position, age, experience, or something else?"
Looking at these men standing in the doorways for their answer Airm settles the pack on his shoulder and holds onto the strap.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
While Aizto had planned to strike up a conversation with the freshly arrived Preacher, (At least he thought he was a Preacher, the song he sung and glimpse he caught of the black voids of the man's eyes were certainly strong indicators) the arrival of the large cybernetic man changed this, and Aizto stayed where he was as he listened to his new boss's speech. And what a speech it was, Aizto mused as he though of the countless others he had heard in his life. While this speech wasn't among the best he had bore witness to, if nothing else he couldn't fault the man delivering it on his passionate delivery.

"We're actually parked rather close to the police station where Ulmin Zaar is giving his speech this evening which means there's a sizable amount of security patrolling the docks. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this, though all the checkpoints mean getting to the ship is going to be a *****."

That would be a problem, if not for him then for his new companions, judging from the varied palette of people that had listened to the man's words.

"Who will be getting the greater share of the pay? is it because of their position, age, experience, or something else?"

Aizto looked over at the burly man, (That could almost be related his new boss from the look of him) that had raised the question.

"I would think position. After all the ship's cook'll probably get paid less than the doctor." Aizto says to the man before downing the last of his drink and setting it down. "Unless of course the ship's cook is the doctor."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
There was barely time upon entry into the bar to even think about getting a drink. Clearly the people in charge were not interested in that and wanted to get down to business. Riikka however was much more interested in that beverage. As the two man that appeared to be heading this shin dig stepped up to demand the attention of the bar, she acquired a sling and leaned against the bar, intent on both hearing out the offer laid out by these two, and to distract the bartender if needed to avoid paying for the drink.

When they began talking though, it was starting to sound a lot like the kind of relationship with her previous employers. That wasn't appealing in the slightest. There was also the logistics of what she was seeing in the bar. They can't be hiring all these people, can they? How is that even going to work? ...It's not going to work. Look at them all. They all have actually done things in this business and probably killed people already too. What chance do I have against them?...No. No I have to try. I'm not going back to that life. I'm definitely not going back to Criado.

The talk of pay was a bit discouraging as well. If there were going to be tiers, surely a rookie would be on the bottom of said tier. Hmmmm, that's not good either...well, I'm sure I can sweet talk someone into helping me supplement that income. Still these revelations weren't helping her feel better about this new career move. She silently sipped on the drink, not wanting to draw anymore attention to herself while she went about acquiring info on the competition in the bar.

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
"So... we're all hired?" Oazel asked from the end of the bar, with concern in his voice. Not only had many more recruits shown up than he'd expected, but apparently their employer needed all of them. With a company the size of the Blackhearts, this could mean one of two things: either they were in dire straits and in desperate need of hunters, or they were about to undertake something dangerous and wanted cannon fodder to cushion the damage to their long-term force. Neither option appealed to him.

"I'm sure you'll understand when I say that this seems a little strange. Is there anything we should know about?"

Lotus_Gait

Jan 3, 2014
As the hulking mass of scientifically enhanced flesh removed it's breathing mask, Torean held his gaze. It was a grotesque sight, one of the worst side effects of augmentation that Torean had ever seen. The... thing's face was more ghoul than human. A walking nightmare if Torean had ever seen one.

Allowing a smile to build on his face, Torean raised his glass at the man and nodded warmly. His eyes remained sharp augers though, his inner rage radiating from them. If the hulking mass was here for recruitment, Torean would just have to deal with working alongside him. No one would turn away a perfect meatshield such as that. But he could be useful, Torean thought ruefully. In the lines of interrogation, walking nightmares worked almost as well as less-than-lawful tactics.

Ignoring the screaming ruckus caused by another heavily augmented patron, Torean settled into his chair once more and continued scanning the room. Screams didn't bother him in the slightest; it was often part and parcel of his occupation. There was a broad range of recruits here, ranging from the obviously hardened to the more subtle saboteurs. At first glance, it appeared to be a well-balanced crew. Only until the action started would anyone know how hardened they were.

At the entrance of the two men and a shouted order for quiet, the bar fell to a barely contained silence. Torean listened with only half an ear, sipping calmly from his water every so often. His eyes scanned the pair. The man making the speech - both legs entirely mechanical - seemed to be the one in charge. Torean could see instantly what kind of man he was; perhaps a military type used to giving orders and having them obeyed. The slight man standing on his left though carried an air of quiet, casual confidence that would give him authority with the rest of the crew. An interesting pair to work under. He was always trying to push himself amongst the people he worked with, especially ones that were more augment than human, and it seemed that the Blackhearts would be the most satisfying challenge to overcome yet.

As the speech wound down, a few of the recruits began voicing their opinions, the most strenuous concerning the announcement of payment differences. To Torean, payment was a secondary, or even tertiary concern to his job. The challenges that arose from such work was often enough to keep Torean content, but the promise of improving his craft, of meeting harder and harder people and proving that scientific enhancements aren't necessary to succeed were all driving factors for him.

Standing slowly, Torean strapped his crossbow behind his left shoulder and wound his way through the crowded bar to the dank toilets at the back. All that water had finally built up and it was probably best to relieve himself before they got going.

Aug 12, 2009
The surly machineman, whom Ctar had taken to be their employer, and had his suspicions confirmed, had made his first action as aggressive as possible, before bickering with his compatriot and possible right hand. It was not hard to see why; between Ctar's own loss of control, the looks of the other recruits and the incident with the hacker and the muscular, he had reason to be disappointed, even angry, with his recruits. Another reasonable wager Ctar would be willing to make was this was a basic domination tactic; the fact that he could apparently afford to open his dialogue with his new employees in such a manner showed a man who did not care for your shit and had the power. A powerful leader, potentially.

A basic recruiting speech was held; dangers, reminders of your desperation, and daring-do. The second man with whom he was bickering seemed more calm, less eager to establish control. Ctar saw that as a marker of one of two things; I bruisers honesty coming through as a lack of need for recognition or control beyond those allowed to him, or a knave's attempt to replicate such an honesty as a feint, to catch you off guard. The second man was one to watch Ctar decided, as he finished the plate of steaks. He tapped the waitress on the shoulder. Rather, he tried to, accidentally causing her to stumble. She turned terrified, and Ctar handed her his plate before apologising.

The hacker asked a basic question of location, assumedly with deeper meaning of readiness to begin her work, and in the answer that came came a question to near everyone's mind: Cutter, shares and pay. Of course that would come up, and be asked about by. Ctar should have predicted that the members of his cadre were more concerned with money than morality; few people, it seemed, had his strong convictions. His dislike resided below the surface, as he continued to watch the scene playing out. Some new arrivals, soft looking ones, were fidgeting in their seats. A being of indeterminate gender voiced their concerns, through pointing out the worrying detail of range of hire and the things that implied. Ctar could not care about possibilities; it was the now holding him currently. The want to be under strong leadership, and to be part of a brotherhood again had gripped him. He eagerly awaited their leaving.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Ahhhh, so these were the heads of the Blackhearts, interesting.... As a rule, Three did not care for the vulgar, shouting sort, full of fuss and bluster. It seemed so... unnecessary, and was so often used to mask some deficiency. A man who wielded true power did not need loud words, the actions spoke for themselves. The boisterous one berated the apparent lack of professionalism of his pool of recruits with one breath, and welcomed them with the next. Hmmm, that certainly didn't say much for the standards the Blackhearts held to, apparently the rumors of their immense recent losses were not exaggerated. Such blind acceptance spoke of desperation. Ah, no matter, Three suspected the work would sort this lot out soon enough. The worthy would survive and thrive, and the others would find their way home in caskets or minus a few cherished limbs. It was a tad Darwinian for Three's taste, but the Western Frontier was a brutal place and a measure of savage necessity was to be anticipated.

The second man was not as loud as the first, radiating a calmer sort of presence that a Preacher could appreciate with all too well. He seemed subordinate to the first man in some respects, but not entirely submissive. An odd balance of power existed among these Blackhearts, a chain of command with several cutbacks and detours, something Three would study with great interest in his time in their service. Both of the men were riddled with cybernetics, but Three was well past the point of moral outrage. Such barbarism was to be expected in these parts, and one could hardly blame men for straying from the high path when they'd never known the way to start with. The boisterous one's speech was simple enough, his rules equally simple, and again Three's mind drifted back to the nature of savage necessities. It occurred to him, that these men, for all their bravura, were very likely damaged in some deep, internal respect. How many comrades, how many brothers, had men such as these lost? Was this initial gruffness a defense mechanism of sorts? A way of keeping the world at arm's length, lest inevitable loss cut too deeply? The thought seemed sensible enough, and Three began to suspect that these men and in truth, all those like them, were well deserving of the flickerings of pity welling up in his chest.

A bit of grumbling ensued at the mention of pay discrepancies among the crew. Three merely smiled. Credits were such fickle, transitory things, amazing the fuss people rose over them, little electronic expressions of human energy that they were. For their own sake, the preacher hoped that none among these recruits were too hungry for coin, a shame for them to risk life and limb in pursuit of wealth when they would've made a great deal more of it as bankers. Preacher Three spoke as some of the grumblings among the recruits grew into more definite shapes. His voice was a gentle, soothing thing, low and sweet, possessed of a nearly musical lilt. Three's volume never rose, and yet the sound of his voice seemed made to cut through the background noise and chatter. It would never drown out raucous shouts and angry yells, merely embarrass them into a waiting silence of sorts. Three's voice touched on something raw and twitching in the core of most people, lodging itself in a position of odd authority, very nearly parental, paternal.

"I would think position. After all the ship's cook'll probably get paid less than the doctor. Unless of course the ship's cook is the doctor."

"Mmmmm, I'm a dab enough hand with medicine, but I fear my cooking is sub par at best, though...," Three turned towards the hulking man so riddled with augments, now finished with his rather grisly meal. He offered the creature a surprisingly warm grin,"... I suspect some of you are easier to feed than others, even I can manage the odd steak tartar, I suspect."

Three produced two odd relics from the breast pocket of his cassock, a paper note card and a pen, relatively uncommon things in this fast, digital age. He began scribbling out a quick note, pausing slightly as another of the recruits voiced concerns over the peculiar proceedings. The preacher did not look up from his note, but his words were clear enough, as was the wry grin on his features, bright with a silent chuckle.

"So... we're all hired? I'm sure you'll understand when I saw that this seems a little strange. Is there anything we should know about?"

"A tool for every task, some honorable, some less so, all necessary, yes?" Three finished his note, folded it, and pocketed the pen. He rose from his seat at the bar, movements smooth and easy, oddly controlled. Pack hoisted on his shoulder, Three stepped towards the men who now held his leash. He bowed slightly, offered a small benediction, and the folded note, before stepping to the side, arms folded behind his back and a slight smile on his face. Something in the easy stance said he would stand sentinel there for ages, for years, until ordered to do otherwise, and he'd serve gladly.

The note was a simple, terse thing, but full of worrisome import: can offer 45 minute window of ship movement unimpeded by station bureaucracy, is this desired? please destroy note.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Laertes stayed quiet, and let the scene wash over him. He had ordered a drink just before the Blackhearts had entered, and he sipped it as he watched his potential companions and listened to their responses. he knew very little about what to expect in the life ahead of him, but he had little choice, and as questions were asked and answers given, he tried to figure out what was important, and what he would need to know.

Sorry about the short post; I've several hefty assignments to deal with this week, so I haven't much time to spare, but I'll make updates when I can.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
sorry guys but I have to pull out of the game, personal life doesn't leave much time for this unfortunately =/ Pepper just drifts into obscurity (I'd rather not him die), catch you later!

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Bouncing his pack on his back there's a small clang as it settles. looking at some of the others who have standed with him and running his eyes over them, the cybernetics and augmentations of all of them making this crowd a large and very varied group. Airm's eyes pause at the man who had been eating raw meat and takes in his size and teeth.
He looks like a baby Cregta. How many augmentations would he have to got though to look like that?

Shaking his head as the memory of an adult Cregta, 15 foot tall 2 ton mass of muscle bone and claws. Rolling his shoulders and looking at the man again Airm shakes his head again, then turning to the woman across the table from him Airm gives her a real once over with his eyes as he can now see her as they are both standing. Eyes flicking over the slightly unnatural hair and down to the eyes which is oh so obviously cybernetic. Looking farther down he can see the unmistakable slight bulge under her arm which means a large fat knife or a gun, either of which make him ratchet up his estimation of her. Her skin color and her high combined together to give him a small prickly on the base of his skull, still used to much taller and thicker people her skin color is as far from normal as you can get. Kicking the prickle away and thinking to himself.
She isn't a dead thing, and she isn't one of the creatures in the old stretch's. And if you are being honest with your self she looks good, not like the girls back home but she has her own look that works.

Nodding at the door Airm motions at it and says to her and says.
"well little sil, shall we leave and and see what our new accommodations look like?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Mmmmm, I'm a dab enough hand with medicine, but I fear my cooking is subpar at best, though...I suspect some of you are easier to feed than others, even I can manage the odd steak tartar, I suspect."

Sil had to chuckle at that. "Never fear Padre; I happen to be a fairly good cook...so long as the grub holds out."

"Well little Sil, shall we leave and see what our new accommodations look like?"

Returning her attention back to Airm, she gave her new companion a smile. "That sounds like a hell of an idea." Using a public 'net access, she brought up a station map and overlaid that with data off the news feeds about security checkpoints and access restrictions. "Well a cab can get us most of the way there, but it's a no-fly zone in about a six block radius of the rally." With the index finger of her mechanical hand, she tapped her temple on that side. "Fortunately I've been able to put a map together that should take us around the worst of the congestion."

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Alright, just a note. I've contracted a virus and I'm also a bit behind on my work, so I'm going to be MIA for a bit. However, there are some things...

Firstly, don't post for a bit, give me some time to get somethings together.
Secondly, no one's leaving the bar 'yet.' Literally after my next post (which is going to be rather big) we're going to get into some action and the posting speed will pick up.

Also,
@Lotus_Gait: Just a note regarding the last post, Hiener isn't in the bar. Just throwing that out there.

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
"A tool for every task, some honorable, some less so, all necessary, yes?" said an unassuming young man with blonde hair and a soft voice. He walked up to their employer's side and then turned to face the group, smiling. Oazel's breath caught in his throat at the site of the man's jet black eyes.

A Preacher, here? Among the recruits? What business did someone like him have with bounty hunters? Oazel leaned back in his chair and hugged his chest, absently rubbing one arm as his eyes narrowed. This was too strange. He searched the faces of the Blackheart recruiters, hoping that they would be as surprised as he was. Pre-meditated conscription of a Preacher would be the last straw on a stack of already dubious happenings that smelled a little too much like jeopardy for Oazel's liking.

He shifted in his seat and eyed his belongings, preparing to walk out.

Oops, sorry Ray. You ninja'd me.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Yorgmiester said:
Any word on when Nukey's getting back? Is this dead?
Has he been seen around the Escapist? I mean, it's been a week it depends how ill he was/is and how much work he has (yet) to do.

I council patience.