The Wheel of Time

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Well, the thing is I guess, is that they've got a cast of lesser known actors and splashed out on a major league one, they need to give her some serious screen time.

My wife, who hasn't read the books, predicted that Moiraine will not last very long simply because Rosamund Pike isn't going to want to be pinned down for 13 books worth of TV fantasy potboiler. One might note the example already set by Snowpiercer in this regard.
They could easily keep her around or cast her off early, really her job in the books is done after the first one.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
Well, the thing is I guess, is that they've got a cast of lesser known actors and splashed out on a major league one, they need to give her some serious screen time.

My wife, who hasn't read the books, predicted that Moiraine will not last very long simply because Rosamund Pike isn't going to want to be pinned down for 13 books worth of TV fantasy potboiler. One might note the example already set by Snowpiercer in this regard.
I'm not sure the TV series will get to book 13. Book 3 might even be a little too optimistic.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
They could easily keep her around or cast her off early, really her job in the books is done after the first one.
Easily. She doesn't even appear at all in about half the books. Hell, in the show
she got stilled in the final episode
Surely that means she'll have a much less important role in the show. Unless she'll take the place Leane holds in the books and they basically eliminate that character.